Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

What they could do is add a delay between jumping like ho...

Jun 5, 2011
What they could do is add a delay between jumping like how they did that with rolling. I think that would fix it. Also I hope sprinting does not allow for shooting at the same time.
Message 11 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
452 posts

It's very simple to stop it, just make the character get...

Jun 5, 2011

It's very simple to stop it, just make the character get tired so it can't non-stop hop, after you make it tired it just stands there or moves slowly, this will end all the hopping stuff.

Message 12 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1182 posts

Pretty much what i'm suggesting too; Have a delay long en...

Jun 5, 2011

tack129 wrote:
What they could do is add a delay between jumping like how they did that with rolling.

Pretty much what i'm suggesting too; Have a delay long enought so that a character who jumps on the spot cant shoot before they land, but short enought so that a character who jumps off a high platform can shoot down at enemies he's landing near. Sounds like the best solution to me.

Message 13 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Yes, it should be nerfed at the very least. Every match I...

Jun 5, 2011

Yes, it should be nerfed at the very least. Every match I see is 2 teams of hopping skeletons, and it looks pretty sad. I have really good aim but when you combine the jump exploiting with any amount of lag it becomes ridiculous. The only people who would demand it remains in the game are the people that likely exploit it in every single match.

Message 14 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

I think the best way to solve bunny hopping is for people...

Jun 5, 2011

I think the best way to solve bunny hopping is for people to aim better. It's the same as strafing, it's just a really good tactic to use in MP. If you can't get along with it, then it's your own "problem". And if you don't want to use it, then it's not a big deal. My bro doesn't bunny hop and is still one hell of a player, he isn't really bothered by bunny hopping, he just got used to other people doing it and now he has no problems shooting bunny hoppers.

What I want to say is, if there is a tactic that works very well, don't complain about, do it yourself or try to get along with it.

Message 15 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Sure, aiming works well, except when lag enters the mix....

Jun 5, 2011

Sure, aiming works well, except when lag enters the mix. When people exploit jumping and lag is thrown in, you can often hit someone with an entire clip of ammo and have them walk away. And that's hitting them as in, seeing in the cinema frame by frame that most of your shots made contact, not "i swear i hit them' hits.

Message 16 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

its easy!

Jun 5, 2011

its easy!

just make the jump hard like in uc2 when female character jump and no one will jump anymore!

Message 17 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1464 posts

Why do people feel the need to nerf jumping. It's stupid!...

Jun 5, 2011
Why do people feel the need to nerf jumping. It's stupid! If you're good like most people think they are then you should have no problem killing the hopper anyway! Why screw with the jumping? Females are inferior in Uncharted 2 why make the rest of the skins be handicapped? There have been plenty of times I have died while using a female skin because of the slight delay in the jump, I could have jumped to a lower level but the delay killed me.

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 18 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Exactly. There is no point of nerfing a jumping system. I...

Jun 5, 2011

mildoo124 wrote:
Why do people feel the need to nerf jumping. It's stupid! If you're good like most people think they are then you should have no problem killing the hopper anyway! Why screw with the jumping? Females are inferior in Uncharted 2 why make the rest of the skins be handicapped? There have been plenty of times I have died while using a female skin because of the slight delay in the jump, I could have jumped to a lower level but the delay killed me.

Exactly. There is no point of nerfing a jumping system.

In addition give it a chance, it might give you an advantage in the Mp to prevent from dying.

Message 19 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

I myself think that bunny hopping is pretty dumb.  It's a...

Jun 5, 2011

jayjay275 wrote:

mildoo124 wrote:

Exactly. There is no point of nerfing a jumping system.

In addition give it a chance, it might give you an advantage in the Mp to prevent from dying.

I myself think that bunny hopping is pretty dumb.  It's a pretty dumb tactic to use, it makes you look stupid. 

It really isnt that much of a problem till you get down to lag.  Movement lag. Some people actually appear to be moving faster than others.  This has happened to me a lot with fleet foot before bunny hopping was common.  There would be a few people who would fleet foot 3 times faster than anyone else I've encountered...and I would die because I cant even move my reticle fast or accurately enough to keep up with the laggy movements.

Knowing this, I figured it must be the same for bunny hopping.  Thats why you see people bunny hop the way they do.  Some people can hop from one destination to another without any flaws, while when I try it, my guy stumbles and jumps/climbs really slow like, while they continue in a nice fluid motion.  I tried to follow a bunny hopper once.  Some friends of mine were 1v1'ing and I was trying to follow this guy, and I couldnt. 

he climbed half way up the wall to the villain sniper tower (on the village), jumped off, jumped up the little pillar next to the sniper tower, and jumped off in what seemed like a split second.  I tried doing the same, I climbed up and jumped and ran up the piller but couldnt jump off as fast as he could.  By  the time I had actually jumped off the pillar he was past the hammer. 

Another trick that they pull off magically is the throwing a grenade while you're jumping.  This is 100% lag.  I've tried countless times to throw a grenade while I was bunny hopping.  I just simply couldnt do it.

I really wouldnt complain if it was out of the third one.  It shouldnt be that much of a problem to fix.  If it's in the third one, Im for sure going to be upset, and for sure going to talk ultra smack. 

Message 20 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes