Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2010
Offline
5612 posts
 

Hmmm

Jun 5, 2011

I don't think it will be in, if you look in the game play the characters have a jump more like UDF than U2AT

Message 21 of 91 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/20/2010
Offline
1464 posts
 

Floaty? That's the way it felt like in UDF

Jun 5, 2011
Floaty? That's the way it felt like in UDF

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 22 of 91 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
52 posts
 

I don't see the issue....

Jun 5, 2011

I see the occasional one or two jumps to get away, but I don't see anyone jumping the entire game. These people who complain need to play the game more and learn to aim. It's not like jumping increasing your speed by 3x! Seriously, who can'y shoot a person jumping? Might as well take away climbing buildings because people can get to the top in too many different ways! If you complain too much about a game, you will think it is bad even though it isn't. The problem isn't the game, its you.

 

Too much feedback like changing the system, such as freely being able to jump will kill the title. It is like BF, where people complained the proning was too cheap, so DICE took it out, but then many more complained that they couldn't prone and it wasn't life like. People wanted to be able to change classes while alive in CoD, so OMA was invented. People complained even more about that and MW2 was crap after the first two months.

 

Many games lost good value after the community. Socom 3, (not Socom 4, Zipper just screwed that up on its own) and many more still. Some feedback that makes sense and proves a FINITE point is alright, but too much unnecessary stuff ruins it.

 

The only true thing that would need complaining is the idea of the class system, if they use it. Let the medal kickbacks be, because you haven't used them yet, but make a playlist where custom classes are not allowed. Just spawn with an AK-47 and a handgun.

 

Think before posting! :smileywink:

Message 23 of 91 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/29/2009
Offline
367 posts
 

wow.

Jun 5, 2011
Uh the only who needs to think before posting is you. I never said anything about not being able to hit a player jumping. Even if I couldn't it, that was not my point for posting. My point is that it look completely ridiculous. I know there are some gameplay mechanics that aren't in the realm of reality with uncharted, but jumping around over and over again to avoid fire is unrealistic and plain ridiculous. I'm also not complaining and trying to "change the game". My request is a simple one compared to all the negative posts on these forums asking naughty dog to throw everything out the window that isn't from U2 multiplayer. I know some people will argue that that isn't the case but I have literally seen at least several threads complaining about each new addition to the game. All I'm asking for is naughty dog to remove bunny hopping because I don't think they ever intended it to be exploited in the way it is now. People like you, people who assume things about the person who posted, make me not want to post on theses forums at all. People are so closed minded that its like talking to a wall.
Message 24 of 91 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/20/2010
Offline
1464 posts
 

So what if it looks ridiculous it's just a game. It's not...

Jun 5, 2011
So what if it looks ridiculous it's just a game. It's not real life. Get over it!

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 25 of 91 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
52 posts
 

So, here is an idea. Change the animation of the way peop...

Jun 5, 2011

 


pro_ballin2132 wrote:
Uh the only who needs to think before posting is you. I never said anything about not being able to hit a player jumping. Even if I couldn't it, that was not my point for posting. My point is that it look completely ridiculous. I know there are some gameplay mechanics that aren't in the realm of reality with uncharted, but jumping around over and over again to avoid fire is unrealistic and plain ridiculous. I'm also not complaining and trying to "change the game". My request is a simple one compared to all the negative posts on these forums asking naughty dog to throw everything out the window that isn't from U2 multiplayer. I know some people will argue that that isn't the case but I have literally seen at least several threads complaining about each new addition to the game. All I'm asking for is naughty dog to remove bunny hopping because I don't think they ever intended it to be exploited in the way it is now. People like you, people who assume things about the person who posted, make me not want to post on theses forums at all. People are so closed minded that its like talking to a wall.

 

So, here is an idea. Change the animation of the way people jump? Instead of changing the system of jumping, which believe it or not, is what you are suggesting, what else is there? You claim you are not trying to change the game, then what are you trying to change. TBH, some of the character skins look rediculous. DONOUGHT DRAKE!? TAKE IT OUT OF THE GAME! NOT REALSTIC THAT HE CAN DO ALL OF THAT! -_-

 

And people like you, who don't know how to hit a point, need to stop flaming people who assume their right to interperate your suggestion. You say its ridiculous, I say why, how, who? I never see it exploited. TBH, it is fun to jump from building to building in the game. If this is the exploit, then sue me from going place to place vertically and all other ways around the map.

Message 26 of 91 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/29/2009
Offline
367 posts
 

Read the original post. I'm not talking about jumping fro...

Jun 5, 2011
Read the original post. I'm not talking about jumping from building to building. I'm talking about removing being able to "hop" across the ground. I said they should make so you can't jump until there something to jump on to, across, over, etc. My point is that it looks and feels retarded to see people jumping left to right across the ground while being shot at. I also made the point in my earlier response that I realize there are parts of uncharted that aren't realistic and might be silly but to me the bunny hopping seems out of place.
Message 27 of 91 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 01/29/2009
Offline
9117 posts
 

Really?   I thought between being able to take craptons o...

Jun 5, 2011

 


mildoo124 wrote:
So what if it looks ridiculous it's just a game. It's not real life. Get over it!

 

Really?

 

I thought between being able to take craptons of gunfire, hide, and regenerate health, respawn 5-10 seconds after dying, jump off 50 foot high buildings/cliffs/ledges and survive, run with living skeletons, and see people through walls, that this was a totally accurate depiction of real life.

Message 28 of 91 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/02/2009
Offline
6584 posts
 

This is basically how my Friday afternoons take place.

Jun 5, 2011

 


Eugenides wrote:

 


mildoo124 wrote:
So what if it looks ridiculous it's just a game. It's not real life. Get over it!

 

Really?

 

I thought between being able to take craptons of gunfire, hide, and regenerate health, respawn 5-10 seconds after dying, jump off 50 foot high buildings/cliffs/ledges and survive, run with living skeletons, and see people through walls, that this was a totally accurate depiction of real life.


This is basically how my Friday afternoons take place. 

 

Message 29 of 91 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 01/29/2009
Offline
9117 posts
 

LOL.   At least I'm not the only one.

Jun 5, 2011

 


MarvelAlex wrote:

 


Eugenides wrote:

 


mildoo124 wrote:
So what if it looks ridiculous it's just a game. It's not real life. Get over it!

 

Really?

 

I thought between being able to take craptons of gunfire, hide, and regenerate health, respawn 5-10 seconds after dying, jump off 50 foot high buildings/cliffs/ledges and survive, run with living skeletons, and see people through walls, that this was a totally accurate depiction of real life.


This is basically how my Friday afternoons take place. 

 


 

LOL.

 

At least I'm not the only one.

Message 30 of 91 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes