Sackboy
471 posts

Tactics to evade fire are fine, but not bunny hoping cons...

Jun 7, 2011

Tactics to evade fire are fine, but not bunny hoping constantly.  I mean, one jump to evade a grenade or to go behind a wall quickly can be good...repeated jumps...looks dumb...imo.  The rolling (circle) will probably be more efficient in U3, and maybe we will have new ways to evade like sprint and maybe "dive" while sprinting?  Like diving to cover.  this could eliminate repeated bunny hoping.

Message 41 of 91 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

I don't get it, gravity is low in all the Halo games and...

Jun 7, 2011

mochalatta wrote:

This is uncharted2 not Halo **bleep**.

I don't get it, gravity is low in all the Halo games and there is no effective way to bhop in them.

Counter Strike would of been a better comparison. And correction: this is Uncharted 3.

Message 42 of 91 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

The only potential problems with U3 are weapon customizat...

Jun 7, 2011
The only potential problems with U3 are weapon customization, too many ways to see people through walls, and certain medal kickbacks.

Bunny Hopping is fine. It's JUMPING. Jumping is a primary control, there to be used. If people hate it so much, that must mean it's effective, so why not use it themselves?

Y'know what they say, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em :smileywink:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RFFN Website
Message 43 of 91 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13779 posts

You know what really strikes me here?   Certain individua...

Jun 7, 2011

You know what really strikes me here?

Certain individuals defending Bunny Hopping even though there is a much better solution to evading fire.

Rather than fix how stupid it looks how about fixing the "Evasive roll" and actually play the game as it's intended rather than using an exploit. Sorry, you, me, or anyone else are no different from the glitchers if we are hopping around.

That is why I don't personally hold anything against the cheaters, we are exploiting too.

Message 44 of 91 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5612 posts

Ummm.....

Jun 8, 2011

Aureilia wrote:

Certain individuals defending Bunny Hopping even though there is a much better solution to evading fire.

Rather than fix how stupid it looks how about fixing the "Evasive roll" and actually play the game as it's intended rather than using an exploit. Sorry, you, me, or anyone else are no different from the glitchers if we are hopping around.

That is why I don't personally hold anything against the cheaters, we are exploiting too.

Ummm.....

Message 45 of 91 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1464 posts

Bunny hopping is not glitching. It's not even close! I do...

Jun 8, 2011
Bunny hopping is not glitching. It's not even close!

I do think that the roll should be fixed so that it actually protects you.

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 46 of 91 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Bunny hopping clearly was not intended, it should be remo...

Jun 8, 2011

Bunny hopping clearly was not intended, it should be removed for that alone.

------

How to deal with bombs: "let the bomb down me" - DEATH__MACHINIST
Message 47 of 91 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1464 posts

Seriously? The jumping ability being nerfed would cause o...

Jun 8, 2011
Seriously? The jumping ability being nerfed would cause one of the core aspects of Uncharted to be diminished. I rarely see bunny hopping to the degree it is described in here anyway.

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 48 of 91 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1082 posts

Why is that? Because it makes people harder to kill and a...

Jun 8, 2011

KylieDog wrote:

Bunny hopping clearly was not intended, it should be removed for that alone.

Why is that? Because it makes people harder to kill and all of ND's changes in UC2 and UC3 have so far been targeted towards making the game as easy as possible? Well...I guess you have a point there.

Message 49 of 91 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

I'm sorry but did you just compare jumping in rapid succe...

Jun 8, 2011

Aureilia wrote:

I'm sorry but did you just compare jumping in rapid succession to cheating the game's geometry? :smileyindifferent:

Message 50 of 91 (11 Views)
0 Likes