Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Not that I want the game to be even more "put everyo...

Jun 8, 2011

Bioshock wrote:

KylieDog wrote:

Bunny hopping clearly was not intended, it should be removed for that alone.

Why is that? Because it makes people harder to kill and all of ND's changes in UC2 and UC3 have so far been targeted towards making the game as easy as possible? Well...I guess you have a point there.

Not that I want the game to be even more "put everyone on the same level" than it already is, but I kind of sympathize with players who find it silly and believe some sort of intervention is needed for UC3.

Like I said earlier, jumping to avoid gunfire should be one of the least effective ways to avoid bullets, not more effective than rolling or taking cover. The sad truth is that, with no delay between jumps, bunny hopping is by far the most agile and extreme animations in the game and thus the best for avoiding gunfire. With the autoaim hard to work against at some points, getting your shots to register against a player who is both bunny hopping and lagging becomes near impossible, creating the illusion of skill on their part.

Message 51 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1100 posts

I get you, and if there was a proper alternative, I'd be...

Jun 8, 2011
I get you, and if there was a proper alternative, I'd be down. It's either fix rolling or keep this tho. I'm not fond of having exactly 0 ways of avoiding fire.
Message 52 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1464 posts

Wrong. It wouldn't be zero. You would have cover at your...

Jun 8, 2011
Wrong. It wouldn't be zero. You would have cover at your disposal brah. :smileywink:

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 53 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

I think he means currently (UC2), where taking cover only...

Jun 8, 2011

mildoo124 wrote:
Wrong. It wouldn't be zero. You would have cover at your disposal brah. :smileywink:

I think he means currently (UC2), where taking cover only works about 50% of the time. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 54 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1464 posts

Then it should be in the U2AT multiplayer board. :smileys...

Jun 8, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

mildoo124 wrote:

I think he means currently (UC2), where taking cover only works about 50% of the time. :smileyvery-happy:

Then it should be in the U2AT multiplayer board. :smileysurprised:

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 55 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1100 posts

If we're talking about bunny hopping in UC3 based on how...

Jun 8, 2011
If we're talking about bunny hopping in UC3 based on how it is in UC2 mp, then I'll talk about rolling and taking cover the same way right here, thanks.
Message 56 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1464 posts

I agree to your terms my good sir.

Jun 8, 2011
I agree to your terms my good sir.

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 57 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

I want bunny hopping out, the autoaim makes it impossible...

Jun 8, 2011
I want bunny hopping out, the autoaim makes it impossible to hit them sometimes if anyone is around them.
Message 58 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Haha, it tends to do that regardless of bunnyhopping. So...

Jun 8, 2011

BHK3 wrote:
I want bunny hopping out, the autoaim makes it impossible to hit them sometimes if anyone is around them.

Haha, it tends to do that regardless of bunnyhopping. So many times in UC2 I'll be shooting someone, one of their teammates runs past, and my gun will kinda drift towards them...

I'm hoping the aim assist is a little more refined, this time around.

Message 59 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

I don't want it refined, I want it gone, it'll make my se...

Jun 8, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

BHK3 wrote:

Haha, it tends to do that regardless of bunnyhopping. So many times in UC2 I'll be shooting someone, one of their teammates runs past, and my gun will kinda drift towards them...

I'm hoping the aim assist is a little more refined, this time around.

I don't want it refined, I want it gone, it'll make my sensitivity actually seem like it's on max, I hate aiming at someone while strafing or we're in a gun fight and I lose because I sometimes have to fight the reticle.

Message 60 of 91 (38 Views)
0 Likes