Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Eh, well, I hate to say it, but it's helpful to a lot of...

Jun 8, 2011

BHK3 wrote:

Eugenides wrote:

BHK3 wrote:
I want bunny hopping out, the autoaim makes it impossible to hit them sometimes if anyone is around them.

Haha, it tends to do that regardless of bunnyhopping. So many times in UC2 I'll be shooting someone, one of their teammates runs past, and my gun will kinda drift towards them...

I'm hoping the aim assist is a little more refined, this time around.

I don't want it refined, I want it gone, it'll make my sensitivity actually seem like it's on max, I hate aiming at someone while strafing or we're in a gun fight and I lose because I sometimes have to fight the reticle.

Eh, well, I hate to say it, but it's helpful to a lot of the more casual players. I don't think removing it entirely (though I personally wouldn't mind) is the right way to go. Just making it a little more comprehensive (say, when you're in the act of actually shooting/hitting someone and they're taking damage, it won't start nodding towards someone you aren't? I dunno) and/or slightly weakened would be a good compromise.

Message 61 of 91 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Good luck aiming with a controller without aim-assist. Se...

Jun 8, 2011
Good luck aiming with a controller without aim-assist. Seriously, go into a custom game and turn friendly fire on to experience AA-less UC MP.

Not easy. :/
Message 62 of 91 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Yeeeeeeeeah, even I was shocked at how much of a differen...

Jun 8, 2011

REALMAN_PERSON wrote:
Good luck aiming with a controller without aim-assist. Seriously, go into a custom game and turn friendly fire on to experience AA-less UC MP.

Yeeeeeeeeah, even I was shocked at how much of a difference it makes. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 63 of 91 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5616 posts

Yeah it's pretty hard.   As long as the Aim-assist is not...

Jun 8, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

REALMAN_PERSON wrote:

Yeeeeeeeeah, even I was shocked at how much of a difference it makes. :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah it's pretty hard.

As long as the Aim-assist is not as heavy as Warhawk, I'll be ok :smileyvery-happy:

Message 64 of 91 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Yes I did. In a sense that neither one is what the develo...

Jun 8, 2011

REALMAN_PERSON wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

You know what really strikes me here?

Certain individuals defending Bunny Hopping even though there is a much better solution to evading fire.

Rather than fix how stupid it looks how about fixing the "Evasive roll" and actually play the game as it's intended rather than using an exploit. Sorry, you, me, or anyone else are no different from the glitchers if we are hopping around.

That is why I don't personally hold anything against the cheaters, we are exploiting too.

I'm sorry but did you just compare jumping in rapid succession to cheating the game's geometry? :smileyindifferent:

Yes I did. In a sense that neither one is what the developer intended to be used.

Which leads me to the entire point that if you are not playing within the developers permits you are indeed cheating.

I couldn't exempt myself from such things, I'm quite aware I used to jump around like a moron.

However. I don't think it should be entirely removed, I'm hoping it works in the same way that getting shot at works. If you notice when you get shot you become slower. You are intended to become slower after being shot, the jumping bypasses that which makes it an exploit, but since maybe comparing a speed exploit to a out of bounds exploit may be a bit harsh, I could however compare it to the plunder leprechaun, both make you faster and both are exploits.

The solution is that jumping would either drain stamina and make you slower or it would lower your health (Don't like the second solution really)

Message 65 of 91 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

It pisses me off when I see someone "bunny hopping&q...

Jun 8, 2011
It pisses me off when I see someone "bunny hopping" because i usually have no grenades and they usually have a shotgun or pistole :smileysad:
I honestly have to say that your suggestion is terrible and would limit the feel of the game
Message 66 of 91 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

All poeple in halo do is jump around xD

Jun 9, 2011

All poeple in halo do is jump around xD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you be my star i'll be your sky, you can hide underneath me and come out at night."

href='http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4622751'>

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 67 of 91 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Bunny hopping is my single largest pet peeve in this game...

Jun 9, 2011

Bunny hopping is my single largest pet peeve in this game.  While it may not be cheating/glitching, it IS an exploit, and if you do it and think it ISN'T cheap, you're doing some serious mental gymnastics to convince yourself of that.  

I've said it before, jumping once, even twice, to get away from gunfire is natural.  But hopping from side to side like you're ****ing Bambi in a grassy glade is just a ridiculous thing to do.  It looks ridiculous, and if it's the only way you can survive a gunfight, maybe you should consider using cover and being more cautious before running out into the open like you're T-1000.  

It appears this "tactic" will be back in Uc3, though, so we'd better just get used to it.  We'll see when the beta drops, though.  Maybe they will have tweaked something to make it not as valid a tactic.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  

Message 68 of 91 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Bear in mind, I have no qualms with seeing the bunny hopp...

Jun 9, 2011

ryaniscool47 wrote:

Bunny hopping is my single largest pet peeve in this game.  While it may not be cheating/glitching, it IS an exploit, and if you do it and think it ISN'T cheap, you're doing some serious mental gymnastics to convince yourself of that.  

I've said it before, jumping once, even twice, to get away from gunfire is natural.  But hopping from side to side like you're ****ing Bambi in a grassy glade is just a ridiculous thing to do.  It looks ridiculous, and if it's the only way you can survive a gunfight, maybe you should consider using cover and being more cautious before running out into the open like you're T-1000.  

It appears this "tactic" will be back in Uc3, though, so we'd better just get used to it.  We'll see when the beta drops, though.  Maybe they will have tweaked something to make it not as valid a tactic.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  

Bear in mind, I have no qualms with seeing the bunny hopping taken care of in Uncharted 3. But I have to raise an eyebrow at people referring to it as an "exploit". There's no delay or restriction on it, so why call it that?

And maybe you should consider that surviving gunfights with the lowered health/all the lag in current-day Uncharted is very, very luck-based. The only reason bunnyhopping became prominent was because players had to compensate for the fact that rolling no longer accomplished its intended purpose , and that taking cover very seldom managed to save you. It doesn't matter if you're facing three people, or one, the frustrating post-1.05 dynamics will still affect you most of the time. I don't think it's as big a deal as people are making it out to be anyway; I deal with bunnyhoppers quite easily. They used to baffle me when doing it first became a "trend", but not anymore.

Though I do agree, I think the most annoying aspect is, if anything, how it looks.

I'm a little perplexed as to why people are saying it's "back" in Uncharted 3. Am I missing the video where we see someone bunnyhopping in wild zigzags like people do these days? All I've seen was one or two relatively slow jumps, and no indication that they can be done in rapid succession, in any direction. Just sayin'.

Message 69 of 91 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

It's an exploit because the bunny hopper is able to hop b...

Jun 9, 2011

It's an exploit because the bunny hopper is able to hop back and forth faster than the other person can follow with their gun.  They're exploiting (or, if you prefer, taking advantage of) unbalanced game mechanics that obv ND hadn't considered when designing the game.  Whether you've gotten good at countering it or not, it still is a tactic that a person who has practice at it will usually win with in a one v one battle, particularly if they're less than 15 feet from you.  

I'm glad you at least agree that it looks stupid.  

Message 70 of 91 (29 Views)
0 Likes