Lombax Warrior
242 posts

not to worry my friend because in U3 you can throw a gren...

Jun 10, 2011

Goldhawk1 wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

mildoo124 wrote:
Why do people feel the need to nerf jumping. It's stupid! If you're good like most people think they are then you should have no problem killing the hopper anyway! Why screw with the jumping? Females are inferior in Uncharted 2 why make the rest of the skins be handicapped? There have been plenty of times I have died while using a female skin because of the slight delay in the jump, I could have jumped to a lower level but the delay killed me.

Exactly. There is no point of nerfing a jumping system.

In addition give it a chance, it might give you an advantage in the Mp to prevent from dying.

I myself think that bunny hopping is pretty dumb.  It's a pretty dumb tactic to use, it makes you look stupid. 

It really isnt that much of a problem till you get down to lag.  Movement lag. Some people actually appear to be moving faster than others.  This has happened to me a lot with fleet foot before bunny hopping was common.  There would be a few people who would fleet foot 3 times faster than anyone else I've encountered...and I would die because I cant even move my reticle fast or accurately enough to keep up with the laggy movements.

Knowing this, I figured it must be the same for bunny hopping.  Thats why you see people bunny hop the way they do.  Some people can hop from one destination to another without any flaws, while when I try it, my guy stumbles and jumps/climbs really slow like, while they continue in a nice fluid motion.  I tried to follow a bunny hopper once.  Some friends of mine were 1v1'ing and I was trying to follow this guy, and I couldnt. 

he climbed half way up the wall to the villain sniper tower (on the village), jumped off, jumped up the little pillar next to the sniper tower, and jumped off in what seemed like a split second.  I tried doing the same, I climbed up and jumped and ran up the piller but couldnt jump off as fast as he could.  By  the time I had actually jumped off the pillar he was past the hammer. 

Another trick that they pull off magically is the throwing a grenade while you're jumping.  This is 100% lag.  I've tried countless times to throw a grenade while I was bunny hopping.  I just simply couldnt do it.

I really wouldnt complain if it was out of the third one.  It shouldnt be that much of a problem to fix.  If it's in the third one, Im for sure going to be upset, and for sure going to talk ultra smack. 

not to worry my friend because in U3 you can throw a grenade while jumping, so now everyone can get in on the fun!  bunnyhopping for everyone!

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - MEGAGLOKTICUS"Decipher my name, and you'll know the true meaning of fear"- MEGAGLOKTICUS
Message 81 of 91 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Alright I see what you mean, I don't disagree.   The only...

Jun 10, 2011

Aureilia wrote:

I can hit them. But it does consist of fire at them, lose track of them, get out of aim mode quickly and repeat. There is no problem killing them by doing that since they are too busy jumping around they don't even notice you left aim mode for those quick seconds.

The point with speed I'm making is when you are shot you get a damage set to you which makes you slower when running which becomes a mere crawl as you are nearly dead, the hopping stops that ever happening.

Not saying I wouldn't do it, you'd be pretty silly to not take every advantage there is to take, and I did take that advantage quite a lot. However I feel like I've cheated in game death with it, I feel as if many others are doing the same. For me that takes away something from the game, it's much more fun to be able to kill people quickly rather than someone shooting me and me escaping while I should very well be dead.

When that happens I just think to myself that I didn't deserve to get out of the situation and I quite honestly feel dirty, at the same time though I'd hate to be a reason to cost my team any points.

Just because I see others exploiting the slow down effect it doesn't make it okay for me or anyone else to do it. :smileyhappy:

I see what you mean, I don't disagree.

The only reason I defend bunnyhopping in UC2 is because after 1.05 the weapon damage made virtually all evasive maneuvers useless--with the exception of bunny hopping. That's why it became so prevalent.

So in that respect, considering UC3's lower damage and seemingly-quicker roll speed, I'd be in favor of your suggestion in jumping having some sort of stamina.

Message 82 of 91 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4346 posts

I didn't bother to bring up aim assist because I hardly g...

Jun 11, 2011

pdiss88 wrote:

GMRcris wrote:
Naughty Dog hasn't updated Uncharted 2 in a while I'm guessing and although I rarely play these days I am guessing the speed and ainimations haven't been tweaked. Bunny hoping really doesn't make you faster than someone just running. I remember testing it a few times and it simply doesn't. An interesting thing to note though is that blind-firing actually does make your character move faster. Just an interesting note to keep in mind. I remember it being it actually been know by some people I knew, for example those who played plunder started blind-firing while holding the treaser because they knew it would make them run faster with it.

As for making your sensitivity faster. I am a fan of shooters on PC over consoles any days and I played Uncharted 2 on the max sensitivity and I honestly still felt it to be rather slow for my liking but it's fast enough to track bunny hopping. The animations in Uncharted aren't fast to begin with and jumping back and forth really only works against a player who for one must haven't pretty unimpressive aim, lack of ability to control their gun, and the only other possible way it would work is if your just laggy and in that case jumping around back and forth only slightly aids you along side your lag. If your laggy your laggy jumping back and forth doesn't boost it by any sense it might though show you skipping a few more animations if you weren't jumping back and forth.

One thing you didn't even touch upon is the aim assist. No matter how high you put your sensitivity in UC2, your sensitivity will drop and move much more slowly around the radius of an enemy. Not only that, but it will attempt to track an enemy as he moves perpendicular to you. When a player is lagging, it will end up aiming behind him and not hitting once unless you make adjustments (as opposed to players who aren't lagging, where you can pretty much take your thumb off the right analog and still get the kill). The point that I was trying to make is that, between the aim assist trying and failing to zero in on a lagging enemy and having to fight against the large sensitivity drop in the enemy's radius, bunny hopping is a very effective strategy if you have a subpar internet connection due to the extreme movements and the confusion by the aim assist.

Also, by "extreme movements" I meant that the hitboxes are moving at a much more rapid and agile pace than if a player is just walking normally or rolling, not that he is actually moving faster across a distance.

I didn't bother to bring up aim assist because I hardly go on and start blaiming it in a sistuation when someone is lagging so hard it's actually messing me up. If someone has such a bad connection that by them bunny hopping it's actualy screwing up the aim assist then what am I really going on at fault about first? The aim assist screwing up or the person just lagging extremely hard?

Aim assist is common place in all shooters and I am hardly going to blame that for much of anything honestly. I could only imagine how most people would react if console shooters had it at all. It might be hardly noticable in most situations(unless you take you time and look for it) but it's always there. Honestly the only time I ever found myself saying 'wow aim assist pretty much  pretty screwed me over there is when there is two people relatively close by and I am intending to aim at one but it is actaully fighting my control as to which one I am trying to hit.

Honestly though I have hardly had these problems wth aim assist and lag as apparently you did. I'm sure it might have happened a few times but in the situations where my aim assist was getting thrown off by someone bunny hopping and lagging I'm pretty sure my major gripe wasn't the aim assist throwing me off by the person having such a bad connection it actually did throw it off. I've played against plenty of laggers but only the most extreme cases are where the aim assist is going to get screwed up because they are lagging so hard and I didn't find myself giving the aim assist any knocks for that.(though if I had it my way there would be no aim assist period but we all know thats never happening.)

The hitboxes are terrible in this game to begin with. Though honestly the hitboxes moving so agile by someone bunny hopping as you said thing...Welll I usually find myself aiming at a bunny hopper where they are going to be not where they are at in terms of hitting them. Since they usually just jump back and forth it's not to hard to just predict the hitboxes next position and aim ahead. Usually that works of course unless where dealing with someone whos connection is so bad peole start wondering how they even stay on the playstation network and at that point I'm going to just start puttng that problem under the category of, yeah they need to work on their netfwork a bit to deal with this sort of thing.

Message 83 of 91 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

No offense but this Topic is getting old. But My opinion...

Jun 11, 2011

No offense but this Topic is getting old. But My opinion is I think you should save your opinons of Bunny Hopping until you actaully try out the MP Beta.

Message 84 of 91 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Well from what I've seen rolling don't have the delay any...

Jun 11, 2011

Well from what I've seen rolling don't have the delay anymore. And jumping is the same way, no delay. Which since rolling has no delay it makes it more effective. And a guy in the video I watched bunnyhopped right ontop of a grenade lol

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - HoorawrFatChicks
Message 85 of 91 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

I'm really, really confused as to why people are referrin...

Jun 11, 2011

HoorawrFatChicks wrote:

Well from what I've seen rolling don't have the delay anymore. And jumping is the same way, no delay. Which since rolling has no delay it makes it more effective. And a guy in the video I watched bunnyhopped right ontop of a grenade lol

I'm really, really confused as to why people are referring to simply "jumping" as bunnyhopping. All I've seen in the footage are people randomly jumping (and a slow jump it is) once, every several steps (if that). It doesn't at all look like the constant/zigzagging crap we see in UC2.

Maybe I'm not seeing the right clips?

Message 86 of 91 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/03/uncharted-3-drakes-d...

Jun 11, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

HoorawrFatChicks wrote:

I'm really, really confused as to why people are referring to simply "jumping" as bunnyhopping. All I've seen in the footage are people randomly jumping (and a slow jump it is) once, every several steps (if that). It doesn't at all look like the constant/zigzagging crap we see in UC2.

Maybe I'm not seeing the right clips?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/03/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-hunters-mode-video?objectid=94314

1:04-1:10 NDI-Quenstin? I think that's the name. Jump's 4-5 times back to back blindfiring also untill a grenade kills him. And now rolling has no delay afterward's so I think it's going to be called "bunnyrolling"

Message 87 of 91 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Hadn't really noticed that before, to be honest, it looks...

Jun 11, 2011

HoorawrFatChicks wrote:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/03/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-hunters-mode-video?objectid=94314

1:04-1:10 NDI-Quenstin? I think that's the name. Jump's 4-5 times back to back blindfiring also untill a grenade kills him. And now rolling has no delay afterward's so I think it's going to be called "bunnyrolling"

Hadn't really noticed that before, and to be honest, it looks significantly slower than the UC2 bunnyhopping. I'm not worried, personally.

And I'm fine with rolling actually being a helpful part of gameplay, instead of circle being the "death button" as my friends and I like to jokingly refer to it in UC2, lol.

Message 88 of 91 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

To me it look's about the same. No delay. As soon as your...

Jun 11, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

HoorawrFatChicks wrote:

Hadn't really noticed that before, and to be honest, it looks significantly slower than the UC2 bunnyhopping. I'm not worried, personally.

And I'm fine with rolling actually being a helpful part of gameplay, instead of circle being the "death button" as my friends and I like to jokingly refer to it in UC2, lol.

To me it look's about the same. No delay. As soon as your feet hit the ground you can jump again but maybe that's me. 

Only down fall is rolling since it has no delay will be way more effect oppose to jumping since your a smaller target and acually change postion so they have to follow you better with their cross hair's.

But I guess I'll wait for the beta but I can hear it now. Countless threads to fix the bunnyrolling problem. And it looks retarded to roll left and right. lol

Message 89 of 91 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Agreed.  :D

Jun 11, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

Agreed.  :smileyvery-happy:

Message 90 of 91 (32 Views)
0 Likes