Nov 15 2013
By: DooDooDaggers Lombax Warrior 124 posts

Buying a PS4 for new Uncharted

11 replies 451 views Edited Nov 15, 2013
So, yeah I just wanted tell everybody that I'm just so stoked about the news, although I never really doubted they'd do another Uncharted after 3. I bought my UC3 bundle and it was delivered on 11.11.11 and before that I used my brothers for UC2.
I freaking love UC!!! And I just want to finally start the real UC talk about this upcoming game already!

I'm definitely in it for the multiplayer- I have always played through the campaign but, c'mon, MP is soo great

Why don't we start a legit wish list for the MP? I'm sure it's not 100% complete Smiley Very Happy
The more we talk and give our feedback, the better

Um, I don't want every mode to have power weapons if at all possible. I'd love to at least have one game mode that's modern, but doesn't use Kickbacks/Power Weapons.

Lets do away with revenge, that shizz is stupid, everyone knows it.

I think it'd be cool if we had more control over partying up w people. Like pre lobby lobbies to meet and or talk in game to find players to friend. Like an actual party per se. Some thought behind this could be cool for the casual players to meet people.

And of course a real big emphasis on technical aspects to clean up gameplay- I don't have a lot to say on this right now, I'm sure there are some people who could elaborate on what technical hooks they can add/embrace in the new Uncharted.

Alright now you go
Message 1 of 12 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
354 posts

Re: Buying a PS4 for new Uncharted

Nov 15, 2013

All I ask is that ND give us extensive custom game options, so that whatever BS they do implement can be turned off and settings can be adjusted to accomodate competitive play.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 2 of 12 (432 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Nov 15, 2013
The only thing I REALLLLLLY care about is the lag compensation issue. I understand that ND is trying to give those with a poor connection the opportunity to compete in their MP. But unfortunately, they receive a huge advantage instead. Just yesterday, myself and others were playing TDM and came across an especially laggy player. Players actually. We would die without even taking any damage. There was literally zero chance to escape death bc we would be dead before we even knew we were being shot. And I'm sure there are people that take advantage of this, even if their internet connection is strong. There are plenty of ways to slow down your internet connection and cause some lag. I'm really hoping ND figures out away around this in the future.
Message 3 of 12 (406 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7532 posts

Nov 15, 2013
Unfortunately there will always be lag problems nation. This occurs because of everyone's locations as well as the connection strength they have.
Sleep Matt signature
Message 4 of 12 (400 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1350 posts

Nov 16, 2013

I'm in the same boat, TC. I was waiting until I knew about a game that I HAD to have, and Uncharted is it. I'm probably going to pick up the PS4 before the game launches, though.

Message 5 of 12 (373 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Nov 16, 2013
I think a lot of the cosmetic/aesthetic (I.g. Hats and masks, etc) should be free, well most of them anyway. They could create cool aesthetic costumes and hats for people to buy but don't make a whole bunch that not many people will buy.
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.
Message 6 of 12 (352 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4875 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Dedicated servers. 1080p. 60 fps. Do it ND.

Message 7 of 12 (345 Views)
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

This right here. 

Message 8 of 12 (310 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Nov 16, 2013
Do you know how sick that would be!?!? Ugh I wish....
Message 9 of 12 (283 Views)
Sackboy
381 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

Are you thinking 5 vs 5 matches? (Probably, knowing ND they will want to use dumbed down singleplayer character models, , which will be using way to much detail to even notice if there were using 100 000 polygons less..)

(There was something about a job opening for designing 1 million polygon characters for a next gen game at ND)

I wonder how that will work, what I imagine is, me looking for a server to join, finding one, and getting the message, the server is full, no room to join.

Could be wrong though, I'm just thinking about how BF3 had that problem for me with 24 players... the pc version was better.

I even noticed with Killzone 2, because everyone wanted to join the fullest lobbies, that a match with 24/32 players would be up to 32/32 in no time.

Message 10 of 12 (256 Views)
0 Likes