Jan 14 2013
By: GoranPanov Splicer 76 posts

Buying items makes them valueless

19 replies 239 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

Who thinks that being able to buy things means that they have no value of skill anymore because you don't know if someone put the effort in or just threw some cash for them

Message 1 of 20 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10215 posts

Re: Buying items makes them valueless

Jan 14, 2013

GoranPanov wrote:

Who thinks that being able to buy things means that they have no value of skill anymore because you don't know if someone put the effort in or just threw some cash for them

The treasure system's pretty broken for some people. Sure, back then getting, say, Talbot's FAL was a thing to brag about, but you know. Instant gratification is awesome.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 2 of 20 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jan 14, 2013

No dought but i have put a lot of effort unlocking many things and it just bugs me that people cant recognise my effort because they don't know if ive bought the items or actually put the effort in

Message 3 of 20 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10215 posts

Jan 14, 2013

GoranPanov wrote:

No dought but i have put a lot of effort unlocking many things and it just bugs me that people cant recognise my effort because they don't know if ive bought the items or actually put the effort in

Take a picture of your completed treasure set and show 'em. If you buy the gun the treasure set still isn't completed.

It makes sense. You avoid the effort of looking for treasure, you don't get treasure.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 4 of 20 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Thats good but i don't mean just people i know i mean just in general when i play online against people you know i had respect for people who had awesome things and now i don't know the diference not that its a big deal or anything but i just like people who try hard in games to be recognised like in cod youd never be able to do things like buy camo or prestige emblems so everybody knows that if a person has them its because they put the effort in

Message 5 of 20 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Jan 14, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

GoranPanov wrote:

Take a picture of your completed treasure set and show 'em. If you buy the gun the treasure set still isn't completed.

It makes sense. You avoid the effort of looking for treasure, you don't get treasure.

Not exactly Stunt, take the HC treasure sets for example. Before Patch 1.15 getting a HC treasure gun was super rare and would could average a ton of hours to almost every player. Some people actually earned the treasures from HC but when 1.15 came out, the rare treasure drop rate was increased drastically for the new Classic mode.

Nowadays, unlocking an old treasure weapon from HC isn't anything special and the same goes for all the other Legend Sets. 

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 6 of 20 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Jan 14, 2013

GoranPanov wrote:

unlocking items via collecting treasures never took skill in the first place it's completely luck based

Message 7 of 20 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I think that people should play to get better stuff not pay thats what the point of a game is you play better you get rewarded not you have more money you get rewarded

Message 8 of 20 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jan 14, 2013

It doesnt take skill it takes time and effort you dont just get it like that out of nowhere you have to play and keep trying so no matter how long it took you still tried its more effort than paying a small amount of money reguardless of weather you earned it or not

Message 9 of 20 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
76 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Besides its not just luck based for example if you farm a boss for a treasure you increase the chance of getting that treasure per hour so its about how you aproach the fact that it could drop at any timeyou kill that boss. Its still luck but its also the stratergy to increase the chance

Message 10 of 20 (186 Views)
0 Likes