Oct 04 2013
By: YoYo_Theo First Son 9 posts

CO-OP ADVENTURE NOT WORKING AND SONY DOESNT CARE

10 replies 514 views Edited Oct 4, 2013

I know this is the Naughty Dog forum, but I feel compelled to share this story, for others to read ....  basically ... *** SONY DOES -NOT- CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS ***  OK, so, I've been a fan of Sony and Playstation for years, and given them thousands of dollars of my money.  I've bought (new) multiple systems, PS1, PS2 (twice), PSP (three times), PS Vita, PS3 (twice), and hundreds of games and peripherals.  Love my Playstation.  I even subscribe to Playstation Plus, which is $75.00 / year, which gives me a couple of free games .. sometimes even games I'm interested in playing.  One of those games is Uncharted 3.  Great game.  Love it.  Playstation Plus members were given the full game, essentially .. both Single and Multiplayer (they conveniently didn't mention that it did not include Co-Op play).  I played the entire game, and got every last Trophy (achievement), except one .. which requires you to play a single match of Co-Op.  The game has "Co-op" right there in the menu, but when I pressed it, it said "This content must be purchased and installed", for $9.99.  So I must pay 10 bucks to get one last final trophy.  I decided to do it.  What can I say?  I love getting Platinum on games (an indication you earned every trophy / achievement).  I paid the 10 bucks, downloaded it, and tried to play, but got the same message "This content must be purchased and installed".  I tried everything.  Restarted the game, re-downloaded the content .. three times ... re-installed it, rebooted the PS3, deleted and re-installed the game data .. you name it, I tried it.  Then I finally contacted Sony's customer service for help, through a web chat ... a 45 minute chat, in which they offered no solution except a refund of the 10 dollars.  I don't want a refund, I told them.  I want to play the co-op, so that I can get that final trophy.  I want a solution that enables me to do that.  I got repetition .. literally he copied and pasted his answer a few times, telling me there was no other solution, except me purchasing the entire 'full' version of the game (I think it's $40.00).  He said the co-op content is not compatible with the 'free' version of the game.  It's only compatible with the full 'paid' version of the game.  But this isn't stated anywhere in the game, or in the online store.  I've read the fine print.  It ain't there.  In fact, the game itself HAS CO-OP there in the menu, implying clearly that it is there, as long as you buy it .. it tells you in-game, when you click co-op, to buy the co-op for $9.99, and that's what I did.  Now I just want to play it.  If they are correct that this co-op content is NOT compatible with the Playstation Plus  version of the game, then it shouldn't be there, in the game, telling you to buy it for $9.99.  The programmers screwed up.  Sony screwed up.  And when a company screws up, there's always a fix.  All they need to do is give me the 'paid' version of the game, so that the co-op they sold me will work.  It's not as if they'd be giving me anything new, except the ability to play this add-on content they sold me, yet they refuse to find any way to do that.  All they'd have to do is give me a code to download that game, or a store credit with which to buy it, but they continued to tell me "I can't do that and there's no one that can do that".  No one at the entire company who has the ability to do that.  Yeah right.  This web chat person ended up disconnecting me, even though I remained polite with him.  Then I called Customer Service on the phone and got the same run around from them, telling me there is no one at the company that can do anything except refund it.  I don't want a refund.  I want to be able to play what I bought .. what they sold me ... and of course they can easily do that for me, any number of ways.  They just refuse to.  Thank you Sony.  You guy's are wonderful.  Very customer-friendly (sarcasm there, in case you didn't catch it).  Jerks.  Seriously.  Nice guys probably (very polite), but paid to be jerks .. heck with the customer .. don't bend, don't give them anything, even if Sony is wrong and the customer has a valid point, heck with them, make them go away .. just toss them a refund and make them go away.  Jerks.  I didn't take the refund, incidentally.  If I have to, I'll rent the game just to get that trophy.  But I shouldn't have to do that.

Message 1 of 11 (514 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: CO-OP ADVENTURE NOT WORKING AND SONY DOESNT CARE

Oct 4, 2013

Reading through your post, it sounds like you have the Digital copy, or as we call it, the F2P version.

There's been multiple complaints already about the F2P, and they're all same to yours. People buy level caps but it ends up not working, all that. Sony and ND would recommend that you get the F2P, not even a few days after its release people realized that a disc version is better.

That's been the advice given to all people with F2P problems here. You'd expect to see more of these soon.

@everyone else

TL;DR - He has F2P version. Bought Co-op, didn't work. You know, like as always.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 2 of 11 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Oct 4, 2013
Message 3 of 11 (500 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Oct 4, 2013

Yes, that's correct" Free to play, it's called .. although, I don't consider it a free game, like I got something for nothing .. I pay through the nose for Playstation Plus, and them tossing us access to a great game like this is rare, and one of the supposed benefits of this expensive membership.  They're insisting the co-op is "not compatible with the free version of the game", yet the game menu itself has Co-op listed, and when you click it, it tells you "this feature must be purchased" and brings you to the in-game store to purchase it, which I did.  It says "this feature must be purchased", not "the full game must be purchased".  That's my point, why Sony is the one in the wrong here, not me, and if they were customer friendly they could easily make it right, by simply pushing the full version of the game to my machine, or giving me a code to download it, or a credit to obtain it with.  It's not like they'd be giving me anything I don't already have, except the ability to play the co-op content that I paid for.  

I know I sound like a cry baby to some, but hey .. I worked hard to get the trophies on this game and want Platinum.  The only trophy I need is that last one, for playing one simple co-op match.  That's all I want to do.

Message 4 of 11 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 4, 2013

YoYo_Theo wrote:

Yes, that's correct" Free to play, it's called .. although, I don't consider it a free game, like I got something for nothing .. I pay through the nose for Playstation Plus, and them tossing us access to a great game like this is rare, and one of the supposed benefits of this expensive membership.  They're insisting the co-op is "not compatible with the free version of the game", yet the game menu itself has Co-op listed, and when you click it, it tells you "this feature must be purchased" and brings you to the in-game store to purchase it, which I did.  It says "this feature must be purchased", not "the full game must be purchased".  That's my point, why Sony is the one in the wrong here, not me, and if they were customer friendly they could easily make it right, by simply pushing the full version of the game to my machine, or giving me a code to download it, or a credit to obtain it with.  It's not like they'd be giving me anything I don't already have, except the ability to play the co-op content that I paid for.  

I know I sound like a cry baby to some, but hey .. I worked hard to get the trophies on this game and want Platinum.  The only trophy I need is that last one, for playing one simple co-op match.  That's all I want to do.

No, no, no. See, the digital version of UC3? ALSO broken. The only non-broken versions are disc versions, and SOME disc versions are actually broken.

You're giving Sony WAY too *less* credit for this.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 5 of 11 (483 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 4, 2013

One thing I don't get is this ... The full paid version of the game (disc or download) comes with co-op included, right?  And if so, then clearly the $9.99 co-op add-on exists solely for people who are using the Free2Play version (Playstation Plus version), like me, which comes with everything but that.  Yet they're telling me the 9.99 co-op download is not compatible with the free version.  How can that be?  It's free with every other version, right?  So if it's free with the paid full game, and not compatible with the free version, who the heck is the 9.99 co-op add-on intended for?

Message 6 of 11 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2013

It's meant for the FP add-on, you're correct.

What they're telling you is another way of saying "Yeah... it's broken. It's been like that since the release of F2P and we still have no idea how to fix it lol. Sucks"

I have to add that F2P is ALSO for non PS+ subscribers, so I have no idea why you have to point out that you're PS+.
 I mean, I was lead to believe that PS+ subscribers would get UC3 GoTY Digital or something right? That's basically still the normal F2P version with singleplayer mode.

Message 7 of 11 (466 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
913 posts

@StuntDouble   In Germany you need PS+ to download  U3 F2...

Oct 4, 2013

@StuntDouble

In Germany you need PS+ to download  U3 F2P (!$%&# USK!). And you also can download the SP. So. Yeah, maybe in other countries to.

-----

I ever said to my friends: Digital Version of Games simply sucks! Disc will give you the real feel of gaming! 

Jup. Something like that. Next time when my friends say, that Gaming becomes digital, I'll show them this Thread.

To YoYo's problem... Next time better read Message of the day. 

You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 8 of 11 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 5, 2013
That defeats the purpose of Free to Play doesn't it? If it's free to play, then it should be free. Dust number thing is free to all PSN users, for example. I don't have to pay for monthly membership to have access to "free" to play.
Message 9 of 11 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Oct 6, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
That defeats the purpose of Free to Play doesn't it? If it's free to play, then it should be free. Dust number thing is free to all PSN users, for example. I don't have to pay for monthly membership to have access to "free" to play.

Dust may be free, but apparently to actually have a chance you gotta buy some credit thing with real money, like in pretty much all free iPad games.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 10 of 11 (337 Views)
0 Likes