Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 09 2013
By: Da-Hedgie Uncharted Territory 1977 posts

Can ND fix the treasure systems eventually?

23 replies 400 views Edited Apr 9, 2013

Hello ND, I have but only one request: Before the last patch you make for this game, could you fix the treasure system once and for all?

As of right now, the treasure system is still messed up and inconsistent, in other words broken. The chances for that last rare treasure you need is just so small, you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than getting it. Even if you're playing Co-op adventure crushing, you're more likely than not to pick up that common, easy mode treasure most of the time.

I know why ND hasn't done anything about the duplicates, it is because they want the people to keep coming back to the MP, but maybe you guys can set up a system where the chances of getting a duplicate treasure is decreased everytime you pick it up? Maybe you can have the drop rates of rare treasure weekends be the norm? Maybe you can raise the chance of getting treasures in co-op arena and Hunter Arena altogether? The Hoarder and Collector trophy is nigh-impossible without grinding for hundreds upon hundreds of hours in the game to get it, and grinding is just simply not fun.

As of right now, the treasure system is still far from fixed, and if you care about your fans, you would do something about it before you leave it. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

Re: Can ND fix the treasure systems eventually?

Apr 9, 2013

Even better the stupid treasure system will probably impact sales of The Last of Us.

There are a lot of gamers out there who wont move away from a game until they 100% it. Hell those people who may want TLoU will get it by the year 2050 then.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Apr 9, 2013
^ lol that kind of suggestion might get some action, the week b4 TLOU Hits there will be rare treasures dropping everywhere, I've said it many times the luck based system is ridiculous, I've been playing so much hunter to get my last two I'm even starting to sort of enjoy it ( dood ur sick) but still nothing I got 5 out of my seven remaining last rare treasure weekend) it's dumb that they have made them so rare that they have special weekends where they basically give them to you, treasures should have always been for achievements, it doesn't matter how stupid the achievement 1500 BBQ medals for instance at least you would have something to work for
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16258 posts

Apr 9, 2013
Why fix an issue that gets people buying items?

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1977 posts

Apr 9, 2013

scootgar wrote:
Why fix an issue that gets people buying items?

Because it makes them look like money grubbing greedy scum? Because they set up two specific trophies preventing people from 100%'ing the game? You can buy the items, but you can't buy the trophy.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

They don't want to that. How are they going make money with all the items they sell? :smileyhappy:

Also, trying to get the final treasure 24/7 is NOT going to help. Trust me.

When I was missing the final Co-op treasure (Tibetan Vase, Priceless tibetan set), I took a break from the game, and the first treasure drop in the Arena was the final treasure that I was missing.

This has worked for me every. Single. Time.

It doesn't matter is it Competitive or Co-op, just STAY AWAY (lol) from the game for a few days, or weeks and enjoy the rare treasures you get!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Apr 10, 2013
^That's correct. I got two items in one march just this month due to that.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11095 posts

Apr 10, 2013
To answer the question in the title... i don't think so.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Apr 10, 2013

A lot of trophy hunters are very angry about this and have sworn to boycott ND because of the insane DLC trophies (mostly the co-op treasures). You know the treasure system is messed up when people in the top 50 of the co-op leaderboards still don't have all the co-op treasures.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Beelzebean wrote:
^ lol that kind of suggestion might get some action, the week b4 TLOU Hits there will be rare treasures dropping everywhere, I've said it many times the luck based system is ridiculous, I've been playing so much hunter to get my last two I'm even starting to sort of enjoy it ( dood ur sick) but still nothing I got 5 out of my seven remaining last rare treasure weekend) it's dumb that they have made them so rare that they have special weekends where they basically give them to you, treasures should have always been for achievements, it doesn't matter how stupid the achievement 1500 BBQ medals for instance at least you would have something to work for

Yep. I have 4 people on my Friends list who wont buy TLoU or any other game until they 100% Uncharted 3.

I guess they wont be buying a game ever again then.

ND don't know how bad this idea is for Sony financially and Sony need to get on to ND to fix the game.

Sales wont be harmed a lot, It wont break Sony's bank by any stretch of the imagination, but it will have some impact, Impact on sales in business which can be avoided is good business to simply avoid.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (265 Views)
0 Likes