Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 11 2013
By: SjShane Fender Bender 2132 posts

Can no longer gain the Third Buddy Booster since live update.

6 replies 362 views Edited Nov 11, 2013
Since the live update, none of Third Boosters seem to be working, including the new ones that were added in patch 1.18. I'm guessing this is a mistake, but maybe it was on purpose? Don't know how it happened unless it was to do with the booster reset.

Buddy Boosters do still work though, but only if you select them as a slot booster.

I found this out while trying to only use the Tau, I threw on Chloe's M9 with her default skin. For the first few matches I figured I was lonewolfing, but noticed later on it wasn't showing the booster at all. Tested them in custom games, and can confirm Drake's, Elena's, Sully's, Chloe's, Marlowe's and Eddy's loadouts no longer work. They are all fine in LAN mode though.

Btw, dat Tau is so awkward now, please put it's aim-assist back to how it was. Keep the over-shoulder aiming if you must, but the extra aim-assist has to go, it's only useful for getting me killed. :smileysad: I can post videos of why the current Tau feels (and looks) broken if I must.
Pepsi
Message 1 of 7 (362 Views)
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Re: Can no longer gain the Third Buddy Booster since live update.

Nov 11, 2013
LOL! That's... weird...

I mean, they added more combinations in the patch (pretty sure nobody noticed it), but none of them work? Wow, just wow.
Message 2 of 7 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2132 posts

Nov 11, 2013
I haven't checked all of new combos, but Eddy's doesn't work along with all the original ones, so I think it's safe to say they are all broken.

It's a shame though, before heroes had a huge advantage, 1.18 fixed this, now they have all gone. If it was intentional... I guess it was never going to be completely balanced, but there's still bigger problems than this, and this trick was pretty fun. :smileysad:
Pepsi
Message 3 of 7 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Nov 12, 2013
Well that's weird I've been sporting drazas sniper and it's worked well for me , thanks buddy's awesome for sniping :smileyhappy:
Join my clan TAGC. I play black ops 2, uncharted 3 and FIFA 13.
Message 4 of 7 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2132 posts

Nov 12, 2013
When did you last use it? I just tried that loadout in a custom with splitscreen, player 1 didn't get any medals despite player 2 collecting three medals.
Pepsi
Message 5 of 7 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2132 posts

Nov 13, 2013
All of them are working again since 1.18.107, thanks ND!
Pepsi
Message 6 of 7 (226 Views)
Sackboy
447 posts

Nov 14, 2013
I was playing with STar a few nights ago and my Elena and Talbots 3rd sets werent working. Ruined a few of my Idol sets that i wanted to use.
I know you're looking at my posts GS2
Message 7 of 7 (199 Views)
0 Likes