Oct 29 2012
By: Wilcrez First Son 13 posts

Cannot spend earned in-game money on In-game Store items

3 replies 777 views Edited Oct 29, 2012
My friend and I are playing on split-screen co-op, and he purchased the Talbot skin for Villain Appearance, but for some reason, suddenly, all other appearance items have been locked, regardless of whether I have unlocked them through gameplay, and have the flashing shopping cart symbol with their normal symbol, such as the green "$" or the red "$" with a strikethrough for when you don't have enough funds. We quit and restarted, and we cannot re-purchase the formerly purchased Talbot skin or any other appearance item. Weapon mods and boosters are still able to be purchased. To be quite blunt, this is a stupid glitch, or a really, REALLY stupid intentional feature. If it is intentional, I'd like to know why. I'm not going to spend my real-world money on a simple little jacket for a character in a game that I don't always use.
Sir Bedevere: How do know so much about swallows?
King Arthur: Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know.
Message 1 of 4 (777 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Cannot spend earned in-game money on In-game Store items

Oct 29, 2012

You are not crazy.  I am having the same issue.  I reached level 60 playing coop with my son.  I was able to buy Salim, but his shows this blinking shopping cart and $.  some bug i guess.  sucks that we cant buy with gold somthing we finally earned.  i guess i will have to go outside now and look at the sky.

Message 2 of 4 (770 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Apr 8, 2013

I'm having this same problem!

Is there no fix? That's pretty stupid.

I just unlocked Victor "Goddamn" Sullivan too!

And now I'm saying that for an entirely different reason.

Message 3 of 4 (683 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 25, 2013

Have the same problem. Just started playing 3 weeks ago. Finished campaign (enjoyed it =D) and moved on to co-op to play with my brother. Updated to v1.18 before leveling up / increasing our rank.

I'm assuming that since the original post was 2012, it has now been a year that earned in-game money could not buy certain characters (heroes and villains) on Co-op mode. For me, starting from the top, I cannot buy Elena Fisher until the character just above NATHAN UDF. Same flashing shopping cart / $ symbol. I press "O" button and nothing happens - no note as well if they can only be bought with real money in the store.

Hopefully there's an update on this. (I would really want to play with Victor Sullivan outside the co-op adventure mode XD)

Message 4 of 4 (577 Views)
0 Likes