Gaming Beast
2343 posts

Re: Change Matchmaking BACK. NOW. DO IT.

Nov 12, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

Xx-Raptor-A4-xX wrote:

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

Why haven't they switched it back yet? What are they waiting for? Wouldn't the old code be readily available? Does it have to wait until 1.16 (if that is really going to happen)?

Only raptor thinks the new matchmaking is good. So lets switch it back ND.

I doubt I'm the only one although I dont recall saying it is good. And if they switch it back, I will have even less resistance in pubs which is not a good thing.
And still, that statement is flawed considering most of the time I have been right about things that has now happened to the game.

You couldn't be right about this. It's not really something to be wrong or right about.

It's more a standpoint of game improvement or unplayable lag.

You will get easier matches if it reverts back to normal? Play classic mode only. It's full of tryhards.

I solved your problem.

I've not died ONCE legitimately since this patch, equally, almost every kill I've had has felt like I lagged and didn't even earn it. The game just does not feel right at all.

When your game is laggier than Goldeneye Reloaded. You know your game is broken and needs a fix.

All it has to do is move one notch further to WWE game style lag and it's game over.

It's sad that I can mention Uncharted amongst those, because not even on Uncharted 2 could I accuse it of being laggy on that scale. Hell I still can't. It's wrong that Uncharted 2 is less laggy than Uncharted 3, but thats been the case even before this matchmaking change.

Now however.. It's not only worse than Uncharted 2 lag wise, It's not far off the laggiest games available.

I wasnt directing that statement to this specific topic.

I dont see how reverting to the old matchmaking will make the game improve and yes I will get alot of easier public games (which made me go to custom mainly) which I do not like.

And I doubt that you havent died once without lag :smileyvery-happy:

Classic mode imo doesnt suit this game now since it wasnt implemented in the original game and I wont play it, especially not since  the Ak seemingly always kills me in 3 hits.

Wanna play a game of hangman? :smileywink:
Here's my FN profile, CLICK IT.
Please use plain text.
Message 261 of 316 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2343 posts

Nov 12, 2012

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
Raptor thinks his opinion trumps overall consensus lol

Overall consesus is reverting the game back to an old state? ok, republican person named blitzkrieg which I can find offensive. Whatever floats your boat and for ur information, I'm like THE first person that said that the G-MAL was overpowered ages ago and said that the M9 and blindfire would take over when it got nerfed, how does the game look now? :smileylol:

Wanna play a game of hangman? :smileywink:
Here's my FN profile, CLICK IT.
Please use plain text.
Message 262 of 316 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 12, 2012

So, anyone who prefers a previous patch is a "Republican" now? You didn't learn anything in the past few months, did you? Good ol' Raptor...

I guess the majority who preferred UC2 1.04 are "Republicans" as well... even though not everyone lives in the US. :smileyindifferent:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 263 of 316 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3476 posts

Nov 12, 2012
I am NOT a Republican!!! I am offended. Seriously.

I am so glad you are a dominant player Raptor. Lag gives you a challenge, finally. It makes pubs more difficult for you. Great. You're awesome. And we should only like what the "best" players like. Only the best of the best should make suggestions? So sorry to agree with all the other players who generally love this game and want to have fun. I'm sorry that you disagree with us Raptor. We should have asked the "best" player's opinion first. After all, only guys with ridiculous KDRs and tons of clan battles played matter. I'm so sorry for not bowing down to your "talent".

Seriously though... I'm a left leaning independent. I usually vote Democrat, but I understand they all are too influenced by money. I don't want any religion making rules for the rest of us, so I vote dem. I know climate change is real, so I vote dem. And I hate Aristocracy, so I vote dem.

Change matchmaking back now.
Please use plain text.
Message 264 of 316 (181 Views)
Welcoming Committee
12985 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I think the challenge he means is being put up against other legacied players around his level.

That said.. It's infuriating to play against them all because the majority of them freeze frames, skip around like a showreel and generally do nothing impressive except lag kill you.

But.. honestly. Raptor's opinion means nothing, he has expressed he wishes to keep it for the challenge, he has never once expressed any reasoning to why this is good for other players outside of himself.

While we can provide various reasons to why this is excellent for everyone minus about 5 people who care for themselves only.

Please use plain text.
Message 265 of 316 (174 Views)
Survivor
2003 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Im really tired of this new matchmaking.

Before I would encounter lag now and again, but currently Im seeing lag every match.

I wish ND would chime in here, if even to tell us to **bleep** off, but I guess thats asking too much.

--
if you vote for Cave Plunder, may the gods have mercy on your soul
Please use plain text.
Message 266 of 316 (169 Views)
Welcoming Committee
12985 posts

Nov 13, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Im really tired of this new matchmaking.

Before I would encounter lag now and again, but currently Im seeing lag every match.

I wish ND would chime in here, if even to tell us to **bleep** off, but I guess thats asking too much.

Even if they do, I'll still be pushing it.

For once, one time only ND must listen to something that is a good idea rather than the horrible ideas they have implimented.

Stat Hats? LOL.. haha.. Oh man. Really? Note Sarcasm.

Tournament? Hahahaha.. Tournament? I thought that was a competitive thing, ND don't understand the concept of a tournament either.

Weapon Balancing? ... I'm finding it hard to laugh at all the apalling decisions they took on that...

Legacies... 5th Legacy being completely out of sync with the other levels in terms of value to attain max level. The best bit is, people wanted 75 to 100, not extra legacies, thus creating the plunder and objective issues again where everyone farms those modes.

Now this matchmaking...

Intentionally giving your game more lag.. I don't understand the decision at all. It's the worst one of the lot. It's one that can make me forget the others because the decision reaks of amaturism so much that it's shocking that any ND employee still has a job after it.

Please use plain text.
Message 267 of 316 (162 Views)
Fender Bender
3476 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Why do the 5th legacies get to shoot through walls and teleport-melee? I'm a 5th legacy but it doesn't seem to help me. Some of those guys though.... whoa! Extreme lag benefits!
Please use plain text.
Message 268 of 316 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I haven't been keeping up with the updates but I knew something was different. Every single match is laggy af. Rifle's doing that shotgun thing where a whole seven shots come out at once, people skating across the screen, and the dead body glitch in every other match I get into.  Not to mention it taking about 18 years to find 10 players in plunder now.  The tiny sliver of desire I had to play this game is gone now.

Please use plain text.
Message 269 of 316 (126 Views)
Welcoming Committee
12985 posts

Nov 13, 2012

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
Why do the 5th legacies get to shoot through walls and teleport-melee? I'm a 5th legacy but it doesn't seem to help me. Some of those guys though.... whoa! Extreme lag benefits!

It's not really their fault. They are a product of the smaller player pool we have been given by this terrible matchmaking decision.

I'd bet while some do know how bad they lag, there are those who have no idea and are completely oblivious to it. x.x

It's all down to ND.

Please use plain text.
Message 270 of 316 (124 Views)