Mar 17 2012
By: pdiss88 Treasure Hunter 5921 posts

Changes from UC2 to UC3 that made absolutely no sense.

96 replies 26 views Edited Mar 17, 2012

A place to point out changes ND made from UC2 to UC3 that you thought were unnecessary or bad choices.

1. No longer able to see who's playing in the parties of people on your friends list. Self-explanatory and the most head-scratching change on my list.

2. Uncharted TV. Thanks to a strange glitch with UC3 where the game will never, ever, ever save my changes from the last time I booted up the game (still isn't fixed), I have to turn it off every single time I log on or else I'm treated with a blast of trance music from a "best plays" montage every time I accidentally activate L2.

3. Buffing Revenge. Call of Duty was actually heading in the opposite direction and nerfing Martyrdom since it's such an unpopular perk, but apparently ND is behind the curve and decided to make it better.

4. Dropping a grenade while rolling. 90% of the time I do this, it's by mistake and I end up stunning or killing myself. There's not many practical times to use this unless you're playing against level 1's.

5. Power Plays. I'm not going to go in-depth since people have done so before, but I've been in plenty of matches by myself where my team is winning because of me and one of my nooby teammates gets marked and dies multiple times until the other team is beating us. By the time the other team is winning by enough for us to get our own Power Play, they've already hit 40 points. Stupid.

6. Kickbacks in competitive modes. The mere logic behind rewarding a player who was already doing well with MORE advantages over the team he's beating up on baffles me and has ever since COD4.

7. Hardcore mode not allowing weapon mods or even boosters. We wanted a classic mode to escape from the superfluous UC3 TDM additions like kickbacks, power plays and cinematics, not stuff that was already included in UC2 like boosters. This playlist is dead for good reason, but it wouldn't have been if it allowed boosters and certain weapon mods like faster reload or longer clip.

8. The statuses of what your friends are doing refreshing ten times slower than in UC2. I'm assuming this wasn't a purposeful design decision since there are no arguable advantages to this change, but it's still annoying.

Message 1 of 97 (26 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
959 posts

Re: Changes from UC2 to UC3 that made absolutely no sense.

Mar 17, 2012

9. Putting SA in the game as 7+ different mini-versions.

TF3:HWS
Message 2 of 97 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Mar 17, 2012

Taking out the stair animation and taking away dynamic events.

tlousig2
Message 3 of 97 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4660 posts

Mar 17, 2012

Dont agree at all with dropping grenades while rolling being a bad thing. If someone's chasing you, its a brilliant tactic.

I'd like to add to the list though, "trickys" being nerfed beyond belief to prevent the associated glitch technique. Obviously no one wants glitches, but they had 2 years to come up with a programming solution rather than just make hanging pistol kills practically impossible.

Message 4 of 97 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5220 posts

Mar 17, 2012

The only thing I agree with is not being able to see who's in a party.

Message 5 of 97 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Mar 17, 2012

Ohhh no another complaining topic jk I agree about this sh** it was dumb what Naughty Dog did. But hey that happens sometimes when they make sequels just deal with it.

Message 6 of 97 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
232 posts

Mar 17, 2012

I never played UC2's mp, but most of the changes you outlined don't seem to make sense. However, I completely disagree with your feelings on the gernade roll drop. That has been a lifesaver countless times. It can make a pursuer back off and give you enough time to turn and retaliate. I gernade rolled into groups and gotten doubles and triples, no noobs, they were third legacies.

-I'd be more apathetic if I wasn't so lethargic.
Message 7 of 97 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4346 posts

Mar 17, 2012

I just find it baffling that features that were in U2 were dropped from U3...You would think they would add features instead of subtracting them but no. It's not like they were bad features, just things you would find obvious and then you play U3 and find their not their.

Something else I would like to add, being able to switch skins before the match starts. Because you know sometimes I want my Elena skin to be warm on the Facility by switching over to Winter Elena but nope. You could change skins before the match started in U2, but not anymore in U3? What harm could come from this exactly?

As for why we can't see who's in who's party...I don't get that either.

Message 8 of 97 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Mar 17, 2012

tack129 wrote:

The only thing I agree with is not being able to see who's in a party.

You even agree with Uncharted TV, the glitch that keeps the game from remembering your changes to options and the game refreshing the statuses of your friends extra slow?

Message 9 of 97 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Mar 17, 2012

I don't understand why Elimination mode was removed.

Kratos Sig
Message 10 of 97 (26 Views)
0 Likes