Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 21 2011
By: GrayFoxBH First Son 7 posts

Characters design looks messed up

7 replies 72 views Edited Nov 21, 2011

First of all, loved Uncharted 3 and I'm a big fan of the series. But some things annoyed me in the third game. What happened to Chloe and Elena? I mean, they just look weird, different from past games, and I'm not talking about graphical improvements, they look very different, somebody messed up their design.

Curiously, Chloe looked more like "Uncharted 2 design" in previous trailers:

Early trailer:

Final game:

Message 1 of 8 (72 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

I know.. it infuriates me. Why in hell they changed her f...

Nov 21, 2011

I know.. it infuriates me. Why in hell they changed her from that early trailer, I'll never know. She was gorgeous, updated and yet still looked like Chloe.

I was horrified when I saw her in game, looks like a whole different character and completely lost the distinct character that she had. And whoever wrote her lines for this game.. wow. There was no Chloe there at all.

Message 2 of 8 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8821 posts

really you were horrified? that's a bit of a strong state...

Nov 21, 2011

SavvySauce wrote:

I know.. it infuriates me. Why in hell they changed her from that early trailer, I'll never know. She was gorgeous, updated and yet still looked like Chloe.

I was horrified when I saw her in game, looks like a whole different character and completely lost the distinct character that she had. And whoever wrote her lines for this game.. wow. There was no Chloe there at all.

really you were horrified? that's a bit of a strong statement don't you think?

Message 3 of 8 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
599 posts

I agree! They really ruined Chloe!

Nov 21, 2011

I agree! They really ruined Chloe!

Message 4 of 8 (72 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Strong statement, yes.. And true, yes. :/   I thought she...

Nov 21, 2011

Strong statement, yes.. And true, yes. :/

I thought she resembled a bit of an alien, to be honest. She certainly didn't look like the Chloe I was used to, or even remotely close, I couldn't believe what they had done to her. I definitely wasn't the only one who thought so, either.

It made it worse that I had seen the previous version of her, and that's what I was expecting. I just think they screwed her up majorly, made her pretty.. darn.. hideous.

Message 5 of 8 (72 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

I just don't understand. How hard is to stick with your o...

Nov 21, 2011

I just don't understand. How hard is to stick with your own design? I can't imagine the guys from ND looking at Chloe's model and saying: "oh yeah, that looks great!". It's not about preference, but coherence.

Message 6 of 8 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
885 posts

What's more annoying is that ND won't explain the need fo...

Nov 21, 2011

What's more annoying is that ND won't explain the need for why they screwed up their characters so much.

Message 7 of 8 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
599 posts

ND has stopped listening to its fans.

Nov 21, 2011

ND has stopped listening to its fans.

Message 8 of 8 (72 Views)
0 Likes