Mar 02 2013
By: QLL3 Monster Hunter 32 posts

Cheap looking things in MP : Questions

11 replies 362 views Edited Mar 2, 2013

Hi,

I always wondered why ND removed stair animations and if they can bring them back ?!?!

And of course why not to bring back the awesome intro and outro cutscenes in MP ?

Another thing I noticed is some really cheap looking items and customization glitches !

Like if you want to wear dirty khakis and tanktop, you can see your characters butt :smileyhappy: creeping out of pants

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

And I am not done....

Another thing are custom char. masks

Why do the Long nose gas mask have NO straps ???? why ?

It is cleary because it was modeled for character with hair, like Drake, Talbor, Sully, etc.  !

So you have two choices, if anybody from ND is reading, A) add section with haircuts on custom char. ( by sections I mean Torso, Hands, Feet, etc. )

B) Get those items finished and simply update them, because they are not on BR discs, so you surely can update looks of these.

And finally, Why only Chloe has simulated hair ? Why not Tenzin or even maybe custom char. ?

Maybe this simulation could be used as simulation for Drakes scarf ? And for other parts of of clothing of other characters.

If the game can handle full MP game of Chloe chars. why it couldn't handle simulated scarf and others... ???

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

At least I hope you will bring us some good looking ( not goofy ) stuff in upcoming moths. :robotlol:

Youtube Raew CZ
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
366 posts

Re: Cheap looking things in MP : Questions

Mar 3, 2013

Investing in a resolution of this age would maybe resolve the problems you have. That screen does look cheap indeed.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013

Lol, your comment is really on topic :smileyvery-happy:

I just took these screens with smartphone, because I wanted to upload it fast and easy. And you can clearly see what I am talking about from the pictures, it's not like I am showing some microscopic things that i shot with my potato.

And it's not like I don't like the game, it is my favourite game ever, but some things could be better. ( not just U2 mp without stair animations and with unrealistic kickbacks )

Youtube Raew CZ
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 3, 2013

Why do you think its like that? The MP was obviously rushed.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Mar 3, 2013

Yeah, I know.

But they can still fix it.

And We can only hope they will :smileysad:

Youtube Raew CZ
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
697 posts

Mar 3, 2013

QLL3 wrote:

Yeah, I know.

But they can still fix it.

And We can only hope they will :smileysad:

Well, you see, that's were you're wrong. They no longer have the man power, with just two people. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3477 posts

Mar 3, 2013
I'd rather have a region lock/ping filter and player count per gamemode. Aesthetics are unimportant when you consider that the graphics are dumbed down for online MP and this game seems to overwhelm the PS3 as it is.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (248 Views)
Sackboy
366 posts

Mar 3, 2013

QLL3 wrote:

Lol, your comment is really on topic :smileyvery-happy:

I just took these screens with smartphone, because I wanted to upload it fast and easy. And you can clearly see what I am talking about from the pictures, it's not like I am showing some microscopic things that i shot with my potato.

And it's not like I don't like the game, it is my favourite game ever, but some things could be better. ( not just U2 mp without stair animations and with unrealistic kickbacks )

I try, I really do. :smileywink: 

But honestly I know what you mean, right now I put a sock on my custom characters head so that he can run faster with the treasure, shield and propane tank. 

It looks ridiculous, but hey, it helps. 

I would have been happy with no customization at all, Uncharted 2 style... so that they would focus on something which actually effects gameplay. Lost dreams as it's way too late for that now.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013

Naughty Dog could bring back stair animations, but they won't.

From May 2012's Q/A:

ND: That animation is something from the player set that we didn’t include because we wanted to make the action seem a bit more fast-paced and heroic in the moment.

:smileyindifferent:

Take that as you will...personally I think having stair animations makes things more believable and thus more "heroic in the moment."

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9832 posts

Mar 3, 2013
I'm guessing stair animations = Can't sprint on stairs. Probably why they won't.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (189 Views)
0 Likes