Highlighted
Mar 21 2013
By: PeteX19 Uncharted Territory 1848 posts

Classic Hybrid: The mode I wish UC3 had

[ Edited ]
42 replies 751 views Edited Mar 21, 2013

Classic Hybrid

Everyone has their vision of what UC3 should be but I'm curious what you think of my idea for a possible mode?

Playlists

There would be two versions to play of this mode:

Ranked

For clans. Also included are some ideas from our current tournament system. You use your tickets to participate in clan matches. The tournament runs for a month and the top teams with the most wins/points get awesome swag to wear for the following month. (What I meant by swag was all the weapon skins and clothes you can currently get at the different tiers of the tournament system)

Casual

For randoms only. No tournament option.

Gameplay changes 

Now the mode itself would be exactly like the current UC3 classic mode except that three things would be changed:

1) Hardcore health and three hit melee would return.

Why?

It would instantly solve the blindfire and melee problem. Wack and Roll wouldn't be so effective either. When players realise they can't get away with playing the mode like a "beat em up", they would be forced to learn how to aim and win proper balanced gunfights.

2) Revenge disabled.

Why?
No throwback option in classic mode so there's no escape, it's incredibly cheap and it stops players being rewarded for stealth kills.

3) Allowed Kickbacks:
Speedy G
Smoke Bomb
Militia Man
Cursed Idol
Cash em In
Disruption
Gotcha
Juggernaut
Creepy Crawler 

Why?
Classic mode is quite boring and needs spicing up a bit so I would include kickbacks of the defensive variety. So no power weapon or explosive kickbacks as they reduce the likelyhood of proper gunfights taking place. By using kickbacks like disruption, speedy g, smoke bomb etc it gives an interesting touch to the mode, that adds a layer of strategy other than "Press up to fire a one hit kill weapon".

So that's it!

This mode has zero BS, it makes the tournament system... an actual tournament (still makes ND money) and skill is rewarded.  

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Message 1 of 43 (751 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Classic Hybrid: The mode I wish UC3 had

Mar 21, 2013
I heard HC components. You instantly get my approval.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 2 of 43 (701 Views)
Wastelander
741 posts

Mar 21, 2013
I agree with everything except hardcore health. People are already bullet sponges. I don't mind a 3 hit melee though but no more health please.
Message 3 of 43 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1848 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I heard HC components. You instantly get my approval.

It would instantly solve the blindfire and melee problem. Wack and Roll wouldn't be so effective either. When players realise they can't get away with playing the mode like a "beat em up", they would be forced to learn how to aim and win proper balanced gunfights.

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Message 4 of 43 (694 Views)
Sackboy
541 posts

Mar 21, 2013

nabeel055 wrote:
I agree with everything except hardcore health. People are already bullet sponges. I don't mind a 3 hit melee though but no more health please.

I remember playing HC and putting lots of bullets into my opponents. After a while, I would say to myself, "that guy is STILL alive?!" Smiley Very Happy The good thing about it, though, was that it promoted proper gunfights, and even when you got shot in the back, you still had a chance of surviving. 

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 5 of 43 (673 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2362 posts

Mar 21, 2013
You can hate me all you want but I loved crushing Tdm on uncharted 2.
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending"
Message 6 of 43 (662 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Mar 21, 2013
^ I was not a fan of Crushing TDM in Uncharted 2.
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 7 of 43 (659 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Mar 21, 2013

This would be really balanced and fun. Hint hint, ND

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 8 of 43 (633 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Mar 21, 2013

I wish the aiming mechanics were more like UC2, but UC3 has hitmarkers so... Also hitboxes could be tweaked 

Message 9 of 43 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Perfect! That would be like a dream come true! Kudos!

Message 10 of 43 (487 Views)
0 Likes