Wastelander
571 posts

Re: Classic Mode- How to Make it Better! :) (*Scooby snacks inside*)

Oct 25, 2012
Sprint must stay in CM!!
That mode isn't called uncharted 2 but classic mode.
It doesnt have to be exactly equal to U2.
Also, sprint, is the only good new thing.
Try to play U2 for an entire day and see how slow it is compared to U3.
Classic mode is now even better than uncharted 2 TDM thanks to that.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 34 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2864 posts

Oct 25, 2012

scoobycool wrote:

Sorry, I ate all the Scooby snacks. Mwahaha. Not sure if a thread has already been made on something like this, but I just woke up, it's 7am, and my eyes burn whenever I look at this bright screen so I'm not gonna scroll down to see. Sorry! :smileyhappy:

Anyway, I left Uncharted 3 nearly 2 months ago (stopped playing regulary on September 2nd), due to a number of problems I that I really don't want to get in to. And top of that, the game didn't just seem fun to me anymore.

..and then Classic Mode arrived!..

Talk about UC2 nostalgia, this brings back so many memores and I feel like I'm playing Uncharted 2 again! My personal favourite multiplayer game. Unfortuanly there are a few little issues in Classic Mode which are either ruining or not making the Classic experience as fun.

Sprint - Now this can turn into a controversial debate between many, and I'm sure Naughty Dog, myself, and other forumers would love to hear your reasoning. But I personally think that removing Sprint from Classic Mode would make it a whole lot better. The whole point of Classic Mode is to bring back that UC2 feel that all those hardcore Uncharted players love. Whilst Sprint is a great feature and great addition to the Uncharted universe, I don't think it should be in a "Classic" mode. It just ruins the feel of the whole UC2 vibe you get when playing Classic Mode. But I know a lot of people are going to debate on this, and once again I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Throwback Grenades and Revenge - Now this is where it gets complicated. Not being able to throwback grenades in Classic Mode is actually a really great feature! Unfortuanly a lot of people out there love pissing other people off... and so therefore, they use Revenge. As much as I love how you can't throwback grenades (once again, brings back that UC2 feel), I think the Throwback tweak should be turned On for Classic Mode.. or at least partially. If possible, Naughty Dog, being able to throwback Revenge grenades and ONLY Revenge grenades would be absolutely wonderful. The no throwback feature is too great to be removed, but Revenge Lvl3 is a pain. Especially if your a stealth-lover like me. Not sure if it's possible for Naughty Dog to make it so you can only throwback Revenge grenades and no other grenades. But if it is possible.. please consider!

Stat Hats - Unfortuanly, Stat Hars work in Classic Mode. Like many others, I honestly think that the addition of Stat Hats to UC3 multiplayer was not a very smart idea. But putting them in Classic Mode is just a big no-no for me :smileyhappy: . Im not going to go to much into this. Just going to quicky say that the See-through-wall and Headshot stat hats should go to hell.. and never come back :smileyhappy: . Naughty Dog, dont let using these Stat Hats evolve. Sooner or later everyone is going to hate certain Stat Hats as much as the Situational Awareness booster from UC2.

Gun Mods & maybe Gun Skins (?) - As a regular Rapid Hands and Down the Irons user from Uncharted 2, not being able to use certain mods on my AK-47 and Para 9 is a pain. I don`t think I need to go into this as much as the other suggestions I made above, but the addition of being able to put modifications onto your gun would be cool. Not being able to reload fast definitelly sucks. Also (I tested this out and it doesn't work), not being able to use skins from guns suck as Navarro's AK and Drake's AK sucks :smileysad: . Its good that you cant use the double, and even triple mods that these Ak-47's have, but being able to give your gun the skin of these guns would be cool. Just like how in Hardcore if you were to (for example), wear Drake's AK. None of the mods would be active, but you would still get the skin on the gun.

I hope these suggestions would be taken into consideration. Also, if any of you fellow forumers have any other suggestions or want to debate/argue with some of my suggestions, I would be interested in hearing.

Thanks for taking the time to read, if you actually did read all of this.  -Scoob

Here is my take:

Sprint - I say leave it.  This is Classic Mode in U3DD MP.  Sprinting adds a dynamic to the experience that was actually fixed with one of the TU's in U3DD MP that made it acceptable to many.  Running around at the same speed is BORING!

Throwback Grenades and Revenge - I've said it before -- if you're dumb enough to Stealth Kill someone with Revenge enabled, then you deserve to die if not deserve to have a tough time not dying!  What other counter is there to a Stealth Kill?!?!  Revenge, right?!?!

Stat Hats - I see no reason why they cannot be in Classic Mode.  it adds to the fun, and customization!

Gun Mods & maybe Gun Skins (?) - I miss being able to say "I have Rapid Hands", especially to my wife!

2544133150[1].png

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 34 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 25, 2012

lol I thought scoobycool left Da community? :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 34 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

Oct 25, 2012
1: One of the Devs said that it is impossible to disable sprint in classic mode without disabling sprint in other modes as well.

2: Revenge in general needs a delay.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 34 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
684 posts

Oct 25, 2012

scoobycool wrote:

Sorry, I ate all the Scooby snacks. Mwahaha. Not sure if a thread has already been made on something like this, but I just woke up, it's 7am, and my eyes burn whenever I look at this bright screen so I'm not gonna scroll down to see. Sorry! :smileyhappy:

Anyway, I left Uncharted 3 nearly 2 months ago (stopped playing regulary on September 2nd), due to a number of problems I that I really don't want to get in to. And top of that, the game didn't just seem fun to me anymore.

Talk about UC2 nostalgia, this brings back so many memores and I feel like I'm playing Uncharted 2 again! My personal favourite multiplayer game. Unfortuanly there are a few little issues in Classic Mode which are either ruining or not making the Classic experience as fun.

Sprint - Now this can turn into a controversial debate between many, and I'm sure Naughty Dog, myself, and other forumers would love to hear your reasoning. But I personally think that removing Sprint from Classic Mode would make it a whole lot better. The whole point of Classic Mode is to bring back that UC2 feel that all those hardcore Uncharted players love. Whilst Sprint is a great feature and great addition to the Uncharted universe, I don't think it should be in a "Classic" mode. It just ruins the feel of the whole UC2 vibe you get when playing Classic Mode. But I know a lot of people are going to debate on this, and once again I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Throwback Grenades and Revenge - Now this is where it gets complicated. Not being able to throwback grenades in Classic Mode is actually a really great feature! Unfortuanly a lot of people out there love pissing other people off... and so therefore, they use Revenge. As much as I love how you can't throwback grenades (once again, brings back that UC2 feel), I think the Throwback tweak should be turned On for Classic Mode.. or at least partially. If possible, Naughty Dog, being able to throwback Revenge grenades and ONLY Revenge grenades would be absolutely wonderful. The no throwback feature is too great to be removed, but Revenge Lvl3 is a pain. Especially if your a stealth-lover like me. Not sure if it's possible for Naughty Dog to make it so you can only throwback Revenge grenades and no other grenades. But if it is possible.. please consider!

Stat Hats - Unfortuanly, Stat Hars work in Classic Mode. Like many others, I honestly think that the addition of Stat Hats to UC3 multiplayer was not a very smart idea. But putting them in Classic Mode is just a big no-no for me :smileyhappy: . Im not going to go to much into this. Just going to quicky say that the See-through-wall and Headshot stat hats should go to hell.. and never come back :smileyhappy: . Naughty Dog, dont let using these Stat Hats evolve. Sooner or later everyone is going to hate certain Stat Hats as much as the Situational Awareness booster from UC2.

Gun Mods & maybe Gun Skins (?) - As a regular Rapid Hands and Down the Irons user from Uncharted 2, not being able to use certain mods on my AK-47 and Para 9 is a pain. I don`t think I need to go into this as much as the other suggestions I made above, but the addition of being able to put modifications onto your gun would be cool. Not being able to reload fast definitelly sucks. Also (I tested this out and it doesn't work), not being able to use skins from guns suck as Navarro's AK and Drake's AK sucks :smileysad: . Its good that you cant use the double, and even triple mods that these Ak-47's have, but being able to give your gun the skin of these guns would be cool. Just like how in Hardcore if you were to (for example), wear Drake's AK. None of the mods would be active, but you would still get the skin on the gun.

I hope these suggestions would be taken into consideration. Also, if any of you fellow forumers have any other suggestions or want to debate/argue with some of my suggestions, I would be interested in hearing.

Thanks for taking the time to read, if you actually did read all of this.  -Scoob

they should bring back the old boosters for Classic :smileyvery-happy:

See you in Uncharted 4!
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 34 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I could be wrong, but revenge doesn't drop grenades on stealth kills until you upgrade it to level 2, right? If so, I think all revenge boosters should be brought down to level one in classic mode. Revenge already has an advantage in classic mode since the grenades can't be thrown back, and this could even out the advantage and fix the problem. 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 34 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3485 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Zataoa wrote:

scoobycool wrote:

they should bring back the old boosters for Classic :smileyvery-happy:

Like not SA right?

I'm on the Night Train
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 34 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Uncharted 2 AK aim style!!!!!!!
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 34 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2797 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Revenge should stay. Revenge me once shame on you. Revenge me twice shame on me.
http://YouTube.com/0oBLiTZoo
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 34 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 26, 2012

SHUT_UP_FOOLS wrote:
Uncharted 2 AK aim style!!!!!!!

No, be quiet! That aim was terrible! 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 34 (115 Views)