Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 19 2011
By: The-ButtonMasher Lombax Warrior 223 posts

Classic Playlist

23 replies 129 views Edited Apr 19, 2011

First off I want to say thank you Naughty Dog. The trailer was amazing and I'm super excited. I'm excited for pretty much everything, but I'm not sure about kickbacks. Anyways, I think there should be a playlist called "Classic" It would be like this:

• No medal kickbacks
  • No boosters
  • No curses 
  • No customized weapons (maybe)

Those are my ideas. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2274 posts

Maybe, but I sure as hell wouldn't play it. Besides, if t...

Apr 19, 2011
Maybe, but I sure as hell wouldn't play it. Besides, if this game doesn't sell like black ops, then we would rather not have the community split.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

The "community will be split" argument isn't va...

Apr 19, 2011

The "community will be split" argument isn't valid at this point. The community is ALREADY split, it's pretty evident given the people who are excited about the changes vs those who are majorly/overly skeptical over them. Plus, ND already experimented with No Boosters in Uncharted 2 and a lot of people liked it a lot more than the game WITH boosters. Let's also not forget the "No Power Weapons Playlist" was met with much praise as well and shoved into All Competitive Modes.

The more options ND has, the better the game is. There is absolutely no reason to not include a classic playlist of sorts that encompasses No Kickbacks, No Power Plays, and No Weapon Loadouts. Boosters could stay as that was apart of U2's normal gameplay. If you want No Boosters they could just create that as its own playlist along with No Kickbacks and you have U3 with Power Plays and Weapon Loadouts instead.

Having choices or options is a good thing and I really hope ND embraces the idea of more and more playlists.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (129 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

Agreed completely.   If they want to keep everyone happy;...

Apr 19, 2011

Agreed completely.

If they want to keep everyone happy; competitive, casual, and in between, they've gotta include something like this.

Considering how ambitious they are being with reaching as many people as possible, the population will be wide/stable enough to support many different playlists, this one included.

I will gladly accept whatever new features ND include in UC3, so long as we have a "classic" mode to fall back on, if we don't enjoy it upon playing.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

This has already been mentioned several times.

Apr 19, 2011
This has already been mentioned several times.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1834 posts

I made a thread about this and it got locked.   SOCOM 4 h...

Apr 19, 2011

I made a thread about this and it got locked.

SOCOM 4 has it and it would be nice to have a version of UC2 gameplay that actually works. I haven't played the UC3 beta so there's no point commenting on this subject yet really. For all we know the playlist in UC3 might be customizable enough to create your own classic mode.

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

I don't know if there are any Socom fans on here. But thi...

Apr 19, 2011

I don't know if there are any Socom fans on here. But this is what Socom 4 did with its community. Had standard for the casual players, and classic for the hardcore fans.

And it's safe to say Socom is dead, anytime you hear the words classic coming up as suggestions or devs implying classic game modes, you know the multiplayer is going in the wrong direction.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

The Classic should become Standard, and the Standard shou...

Apr 19, 2011

Mayne_Ev3nT wrote:

I don't know if there are any Socom fans on here. But this is what Socom 4 did with its community. Had standard for the casual players, and classic for the hardcore fans.

And it's safe to say Socom is dead, anytime you hear the words classic coming up as suggestions or devs implying classic game modes, you know the multiplayer is going in the wrong direction.

The Classic should become Standard, and the Standard should be made into some other mode or playlist.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

nm

Apr 19, 2011

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

The concept of a classic mode appeals to me, but I worry...

Apr 19, 2011

The concept of a classic mode appeals to me, but I worry about UC3 matchmaking when the masses bail after a few months.

Imagine the UC2 player base (maybe plus 20% or so) but divided between twice as many game modes. Finding matches (let alone lag-free matches) will be fine at first, but impossible after awhile. 

Or we'll see what happened to Ranked and Objectives in UC2, and some modes will become unplayable altogether. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (129 Views)
0 Likes