Nov 01 2013
By: Snake-Eater300 I Only Post Everything 1104 posts

Cloaked does not work anymore until... please fix this ND!

[ Edited ]
8 replies 395 views Edited Nov 1, 2013

Since the patch or the latest live update, cloaked gold does not work until I die for the first time in a match. My character makes sounds just as if I didn't use it. Once I died, it works just fine. This happened in all my matches, so I think it's the same for everyone.

I don't know if immunity to call out and no player's name above my head still works from the start or not, but in any case, this should be fixed. If I went for a fury-rampant for example, I'd be running around basically without a slot 1 booster now.

Pay attention if you haven't noticed it and please report whether or not it's the same for you. And Naughty Dog, please look into it. This is not how it should be, even if not everyone is affected :smileywink:

Sorry if this has been reported before.

Message 1 of 9 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2177 posts

Re: Cloaked does not work anymore until... please fix this ND!

Nov 1, 2013
Change your slot 2 booster. OR, make another Cloaked loadout, then when you die, switch to your current Cloaked loadout.

It's to do with the booster changes, you're using a slot 2 booster that was moved to slot 1.
Pepsi
Message 2 of 9 (387 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7269 posts

Nov 1, 2013

SjShane wrote:
Change your slot 2 booster. OR, make another Cloaked loadout, then when you die, switch to your current Cloaked loadout.

It's to do with the booster changes, you're using a slot 2 booster that was moved to slot 1.

This is incorrect, as Cloaked was already in Slot 1. Although this could still be happening because of the Slot switches though. This will have to be looked into

Sleep Matt signature
Message 3 of 9 (383 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 1, 2013

As mentioned, cloaked is still a slot 1 booster.

I don't remember if I ever changed it or not - will try later. Then again, Team Safe is still in slot 2 in one of my loadouts and it works just fine, so why should cloaked not work, especially since it does after the first death :smileysad:

Strange. I hope we'll find a solution for this.

Message 4 of 9 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2177 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013
Yeah, Cloaked is still a slot 1 booster, but when using a slot 2 booster that was moved to slot 1, it will over lap Cloaked. You'll be using two Team Safe boosters, change that.

I have Scoped In with Team Safe, it shows two Team Safe icons at the start of a match.

Also, Cloaked was never a slot 2 booster, lol.
Pepsi
Message 5 of 9 (365 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7269 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

SjShane wrote:
Yeah, Cloaked is still a slot 1 booster, but when using a slot 2 booster that was moved to slot 1, it will over lap Cloaked. You'll be using two Team Safe boosters, change that.

I have Scoped In with Team Safe, it shows two Team Safe icons at the start of a match.

Yes this is referred to as Booster Stacking and Bargain being nerfed to Silver was a result of this.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Boosters-Stacking-Behavior-Patc...

Sleep Matt signature
Message 6 of 9 (356 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

I get what you're saying, but the loadout I'm talking about does not have teamsafe or any other "moved booster" in it. I will try to un- and re-equip cloaked when I get online next time. I hope it works.

Anyway, this whole booster stuff did more harm than good. At this late point of the game's life, I don't see why boosters had to be changed. It wasn't perfect, but it was better than it is now :smileysad:

Still working, no time to play.

Message 7 of 9 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2177 posts

Nov 1, 2013
Strange, what slot 2 booster do you use? It may be another bug with certain booster combination. So far I've had no issues with Cloaked with Monkey Man, but I've only used it four or five times since the patch.

Also does it replace Cloaked with another booster, or does it say you're using only one booster? And are you using the Third Buddy Booster trick? If so, which loadout?
Pepsi
Message 8 of 9 (298 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

SjShane wrote:
Strange, what slot 2 booster do you use? It may be another bug with certain booster combination. So far I've had no issues with Cloaked with Monkey Man, but I've only used it four or five times since the patch.

Also does it replace Cloaked with another booster, or does it say you're using only one booster? And are you using the Third Buddy Booster trick? If so, which loadout?

I use cloaked with monkey man or back in the saddle, also teamsafe in deathmatches but this combination is now gone. I don't use the third booster trick nor do I use any stats-hats (stats off). But if teamsafe stays in slot 2 I'll probably have to use a cloaked "tryhard" stats-hat :smileytongue:

It displays these two boosters, cloaked and one of those I mentioned.

Message 9 of 9 (270 Views)
0 Likes