Nov 15 2013
By: Derflinger Hekseville Citizen 331 posts

Cloaked stat hats need balanced

56 replies 868 views Edited Nov 15, 2013

Cloaked stat hats give way too big of an advantage compared to all the other stat hats, and the -16 regeneration speed is not a big enough drawback for the benefits they provide.

Here is a list of all the benefits that a Cloaked stat hat provides:   

-removes your player arrow and name

-makes you quieter

-makes you immune to call out

-immunity to the Exposed power play

-immunity to a kickback (Gotcha)

-makes you immune to a paid booster (Ping)

-makes you immune to two boosters (Come Here and  Let Me See)

Cloaked gold provides immunity to Disruption, and makes you completely silent.  Those are the only two differences between a Cloaked stat hat and Cloaked gold.  By using a Cloaked stat hat you are getting almost all of the benefits of one of the most powerful slot 1 boosters for a very minor drawback.         

Stat hats were supposed to give a small advantage in exchange for a small penalty.  Not a huge advantage in exchange for a minor drawback. 

The recent changing around of the boosters hasn’t helped matters, specifically moving Regeneration to slot 2.  Now you can use a Cloaked stat hat, Fleet Foot, and Regeneration (canceling out the already small penalty of a Cloaked stat hat) all together.   ND supposedly moved the boosters around to prevent powerful combinations, but ended up creating some unbalanced ones in the process. 

ND should give Cloaked stat hats a way bigger penalty (e.g.  -15% aiming speed, -15% blindfire accuracy, or -15% rate of fire) to balance out the great advantage they provide.  Or, ND should just change the benefit they grant back to immunity to Disruption, but make sure the change actually works this time. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 57 (868 Views)
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Re: Cloaked stat hats need balanced

Nov 15, 2013
Ya a dude was using a cloAked hat with endurance and regeneration with a Kal nooooooooooooooooooooooob Smiley Very Happy
Join my clan TAGC. I play black ops 2, uncharted 3 and FIFA 13.
Message 2 of 57 (865 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Nov 15, 2013
What's wrong with the world? A Derflinger post? Holy sheet! Almost fell outta my chair!

Strong post tho. It lays out the pros (and almost no draw backs) of the Cloaked Stat hat silliness.

At this stage in the game's life NDI NEVER should have moved the boosters around. Poor choice on that one, but hey, F-it, right? It's an NDI COMP mode. One expects backasswardness when it comes to NDI and COMP MPs.
Message 3 of 57 (854 Views)
Fender Bender
2359 posts

Nov 15, 2013
-15 RoF would work very nicely, or alternatively it could block blindfire all together, since that's what these hats are best used for.
Pepsi
Message 4 of 57 (849 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 15, 2013
Cloaked stat hat gives Cloaked bronze.

Also the fact that Cloaked and Regen is an actual combination... Yeah. I think I'll just stop using my WE loadouts for a while.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 5 of 57 (846 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3203 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Cloaked stat hats/accessories FTW!!!

Chloe's Heavy Hat & Talbot's Nose Ring ahhh perfect Smiley Tongue

leave it be ND. 

Message 6 of 57 (837 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11295 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Derflinger wrote:

-removes your player arrow and name

-makes you quieter

-makes you immune to call out-makes you immune to a paid booster (Ping)

They should remove all this and keep the rest. Seems fair to me.

Message 7 of 57 (818 Views)
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Nov 15, 2013
ND this IS a problem. I know it was a lack of foresight but this needs to be fixed. It's basically a free perk that soooo many people take advantage of. There's no reason to not wear a cloaked hat.

Oh wait, I gotta a better solution; how about NO stat changes on the hats in the freaking first place??? Stupid, stupid, stupid idea. They're called accessories because that's what they are suppose to be. An accessory. Not performance enhancers for our video game avatars. /rant
Message 8 of 57 (784 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 15, 2013
That's what I said before, your bottom paragraph. TF2 stuff.

Also, before, it said "Immune to Disruption" or something like that. When word came it that it literally gave you Cloaked Bronze (or levels up your Cloaked booster to one level), they changed it to cloaked.

So yes, that cloaked thing literally is a free booster. How's that for handholding?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 9 of 57 (778 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Nov 15, 2013
Damnit Derf!
Why do you gotta try and mess around with my heavy winter hat???
No, but you're right. I would accept a ROF negative stat or something. As it stands now, I use regeneration with it so it balances the negative. But to me, maybe it's me being selfish but I love that I can throw a hat on a character and make them cloaked with it. Just wish it was balanced so my friends wouldn't be so MAD about it Smiley Tongue
But seriously, why does Marlow not have a cloaked stat hat? I don't really like using Talbot all that much.
Message 10 of 57 (753 Views)