Wastelander
685 posts

Re: Cloaked stat hats need balanced

Nov 15, 2013

Well…the booster combinations might have changed but the cloaked stat hat benefits are the same as before the patch, right?  If it was grossly overpowered before the patch, then arguably, serious talk of nerfing this hat should have happened a long time ago.  OP…your argument has merit, don’t get me wrong and while I was (still am) against the booster slot changes, I’m going to live with them.  Having said all that…

I have to confess to being selfish here since I use the Knight’s helmet a lot and I’d rather it wasn’t nerfed but what about a 100% blindfire accuracy reduction?  Full disclosure here…this would affect ME virtually not at all since I aim nearly 100% of the time BUT one of the big complaints about Cloaked (in general, never mind just the hats) is that people lurk in hiding with power weapons and pop out to get free/easy kills while blindfiring.

Just a thought.

Message 11 of 57 (752 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Nov 15, 2013

You said it all Derf!

Cloaked stat hats are way OP and you barelly feel any difference in regeneration when using it!

They need to nerf that and also reverse the booster changes they made!! Like people said, it's too late for that kind of change to the gameplay!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

www.youtube.com/user/Artennos
Message 12 of 57 (742 Views)
Sackboy
381 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Derflinger wrote:

Cloaked stat hats give way too big of an advantage compared to all the other stat hats, and the -16 regeneration speed is not a big enough drawback for the benefits they provide.

Here is a list of all the benefits that a Cloaked stat hat provides:   

-removes your player arrow and name

-makes you quieter

-makes you immune to call out

-immunity to the Exposed power play

-immunity to a kickback (Gotcha)

-makes you immune to a paid booster (Ping)

-makes you immune to two boosters (Come Here and  Let Me See)

Cloaked gold provides immunity to Disruption, and makes you completely silent.  Those are the only two differences between a Cloaked stat hat and Cloaked gold.  By using a Cloaked stat hat you are getting almost all of the benefits of one of the most powerful slot 1 boosters for a very minor drawback.         

Stat hats were supposed to give a small advantage in exchange for a small penalty.  Not a huge advantage in exchange for a minor drawback. 

The recent changing around of the boosters hasn’t helped matters, specifically moving Regeneration to slot 2.  Now you can use a Cloaked stat hat, Fleet Foot, and Regeneration (canceling out the already small penalty of a Cloaked stat hat) all together.   ND supposedly moved the boosters around to prevent powerful combinations, but ended up creating some unbalanced ones in the process. 

ND should give Cloaked stat hats a way bigger penalty (e.g.  -15% aiming speed, -15% blindfire accuracy, or -15% rate of fire) to balance out the great advantage they provide.  Or, ND should just change the benefit they grant back to immunity to Disruption, but make sure the change actually works this time. 

Are you joking?

The cloaked stats hats are perfectly fine. No one should ever have to waste a booster slot just to avoid Situational Awareness users and power plays.

It currently hides a flaw in game design by Naughty Dog, why change it?
 (Yes, SA is for noobs and shouldn't have been in Uncharted 2, let alone Uncharted 3.)

Besides that, Uncharted 3 shows player arrows and names through walls when you sprint which is unfair.

It practically gives everyone a broken Situational Awareness booster.

Message 13 of 57 (735 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Nov 15, 2013

^ what a bunch of BS! Lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------

www.youtube.com/user/Artennos
Message 14 of 57 (731 Views)
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Nov 15, 2013
@IzunaShisui The Cloaked booster is one of the most powerful boosters in the game, you're not wasting your Slot 1 booster, you're gaining a huge advantage.

Who really needs Fleet Foot when you can just escape a head on gun fight, then shoot them in the back with ease? Pairing them up just gives you the best of both worlds.
Pepsi
Message 15 of 57 (725 Views)
Wastelander
685 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2013

I have a feeling I’m setting myself up to get dumped on but…

Let’s be fair…the last time I checked, Cloaked (booster or hat) does not make you invisible.

Message 16 of 57 (719 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1200 posts

Nov 15, 2013

I agree completely. I even think that Cloaked should be removed from the stats-hats. It's just not right...

A huge downside would be great, but I'd prefer to have cloaked replaced by something else, maybe just "less sound made" or so. I think these stats already exist anyway = it wouldn't be a problem for ND to replace them.

I have the knight helmet for example but I always refused to use it. Cloaked hats are just soooo tryhard. But lately I see so many 2nd and 3rd alt-accounts, lagging their **bleep**es off with Fleet Foot, Regeneration and a Cloaked hat. These guys are almost unstoppable. So I'm thinking, why am I always the good guy who doesn't do all this cheap stuff. Maybe I'll start to use these hats now. ND probably won't change a thing about them anyway Smiley Tongue

Let's hope for the best though!

Message 17 of 57 (705 Views)
Fender Bender
3424 posts

Nov 15, 2013

ND please add Cloaked Gold to the stat hat & fix the regen stat hats as well. Smiley Happy

Maybe then i'll feel that the cloaked hats are OP.

Message 18 of 57 (695 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
686 posts

Nov 15, 2013

LOLDerf, stop trying to do this! Smiley Tongue

Even though I very much agree, it is one of the best if not the best stat hat there is, I do not like all the various Situational Awareness variants in the game which is why I use it over Cloacked gold and because I like to have the perks of being immune to exposed but also being able to hear the funny one liners every now and again.

I don't want it nerfed due to my opinion of bad game mechanics and selfish reasons but I know it is much more useful in comparison every other stat hat. 

I can only hope that ND will just let it go until Uncharted comes out and there isn't any Power Plays that reveal your name along with all those other BS things it makes you immune to.

Drake's nipple hat and Talbot's nose ring FTW Smiley Very Happy

Twitter: @HeaneyWeeny
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePattyCakeChamp
Message 19 of 57 (683 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

Nov 15, 2013

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:
What's wrong with the world? A Derflinger post? Holy sheet! Almost fell outta my chair!

Strong post tho. It lays out the pros (and almost no draw backs) of the Cloaked Stat hat silliness.

At this stage in the game's life NDI NEVER should have moved the boosters around. Poor choice on that one, but hey, F-it, right? It's an NDI COMP mode. One expects backasswardness when it comes to NDI and COMP MPs.

Agreed.  The last patch was mostly great, but moving around the boosters was a horrible idea.

Here's hoping the A team at ND is working on UC4.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

LOLDerf, stop trying to do this! Smiley Tongue

Even though I very much agree, it is one of the best if not the best stat hat there is, I do not like all the various Situational Awareness variants in the game which is why I use it over Cloacked gold and because I like to have the perks of being immune to exposed but also being able to hear the funny one liners every now and again.

I don't want it nerfed due to my opinion of bad game mechanics and selfish reasons but I know it is much more useful in comparison every other stat hat. 

I can only hope that ND will just let it go until Uncharted comes out and there isn't any Power Plays that reveal your name along with all those other BS things it makes you immune to.

Drake's nipple hat and Talbot's nose ring FTW Smiley Very Happy

**bleep** Drake's nipple hat!  **bleep** it to hell! Smiley Tongue

I do agree that all the SA variants in the game are BS.  The only one that I wouldn't mind returning for the next UC is Call Out.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 57 (678 Views)