Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Last Guardian
11080 posts

Re: Cloaked stat hats need balanced

Nov 16, 2013

IzunaShisui wrote:
Are you joking?

The cloaked stats hats are perfectly fine. No one should ever have to waste a booster slot just to avoid Situational Awareness users and power plays.

It currently hides a flaw in game design by Naughty Dog, why change it?
 (Yes, SA is for noobs and shouldn't have been in Uncharted 2, let alone Uncharted 3.)

Besides that, Uncharted 3 shows player arrows and names through walls when you sprint which is unfair.

It practically gives everyone a broken Situational Awareness booster.

Someone loves Chole. :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 57 (285 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
681 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Artennos wrote:

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

LOLDerf, stop trying to do this! :smileytongue:

Even though I very much agree, it is one of the best if not the best stat hat there is, I do not like all the various Situational Awareness variants in the game which is why I use it over Cloacked gold and because I like to have the perks of being immune to exposed but also being able to hear the funny one liners every now and again.

I don't want it nerfed due to my opinion of bad game mechanics and selfish reasons but I know it is much more useful in comparison every other stat hat. 

I can only hope that ND will just let it go until Uncharted comes out and there isn't any Power Plays that reveal your name along with all those other BS things it makes you immune to.

Drake's nipple hat and Talbot's nose ring FTW :smileyvery-happy:

Lol, do you even use Cloaked stat hats Leaf? I remember you using the call out ones but not this o.O

xp0s!! xD

Anyway, i agree that the Cloaked stat hats should have a bigger down side, specially now that you can use regen gold as a slot 2 to cancel that.... 

Haha, I have been using it for a while now, maybe a month or so before the 1.18 update. I really liked helping my team out but I got a lot of my kills stolen from me as well so I ended up switching plus I can use other boosters like Fleet Foot/ Scoped in. 

Yep, I use Regeneration as my second slot booster for most of my loadouts now :smileytongue:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePattyCakeChamp
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 57 (277 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Derflinger wrote:

Cloaked stat hats give way too big of an advantage compared to all the other stat hats, and the -16 regeneration speed is not a big enough drawback for the benefits they provide.

Hmmm...  Then Cloaked Gold must be OP :smileytongue: na Just Joking.

Unfortunately stat hats are probably meant to stay.  

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 57 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
369 posts

Nov 16, 2013

SjShane wrote:
@IzunaShisui The Cloaked booster is one of the most powerful boosters in the game, you're not wasting your Slot 1 booster, you're gaining a huge advantage.

Who really needs Fleet Foot when you can just escape a head on gun fight, then shoot them in the back with ease? Pairing them up just gives you the best of both worlds.

The Cloaked booster gives an huge advantage because Situational Awareness is such a big part of the game...

The only useful advantage is not making any sound with level 3 and no player arrow / name, but against decent players that isn't much of an ''advantage'' anyway....

I suppose 99% of the players of Uncharted 3 playing these days aren't any good, but just because it bothers less than average players (that's subjective), they shouldn't ''balance'' it.

Naughty Dog has balanced things requested before (not that they will now, Uncharted 3 is done for), and we all know how most of that turned out.... bringing us to patch 1.18, fixing most of what was wrongfully ''balanced''.

You guys are thinking the wrong way, SA is for scrubs, always has, always will be, you should see it as something that shouldn't be, which would make you see that The Knight Helmet etc aren't OP...

Maybe I generalize too much, but hey, I can't help it, StealthDominatatingSA, Gloomnotsocoolatall and Saiansomethingcoop#1 all used SA, all of them were either camping with the shotgun, or glitching back in Uncharted 2. Just to name a few.. blindfire and SA, the root of all evil.

I have an opinion about SA shaped by players like them ^^ (not them per se, in about 4000 matches played, I have only run into them 100 times or so), which makes me defend Evasion or Cloaked or whatever booster it is that grants immunity for looking through walls.

Yet everyone who used Evasion, were/are the nicest players I have ever run into. They usually tend to have more honour.

And yes, it does apply to Uncharted 3. Maybe if it was a game mechanic, like how The Last of Us has listen mode, I would have a different opinion, but it isn't.

I rarely play Uncharted 3, but when I do, I would like to be able to goof around with boosters other than Cloaked, while still having immunity to SA... it removes the fun if you are forced to use Cloaked just to block SA because you hate it.

I'm actually not even bothered by SA that much in Uncharted 3, it's the random names appearing through walls which bothers me, so I feel forced to use it for that purpose. Being silent only gives an advantage against noobs, which an average player doesn't even need. That pretty much breakes it down for me.

I always say: Don't hate the player, hate the developer.
 I still, and always will, love ND for their Uncharted games, and TLOU.

Most games I played were flawed in gamedesign by adding some sort of SA.

For example: Killzone 3's tactician can only be countered by Marksmen, the multiplayer comes down to those 2 classes because the Tactician had SA, Marksmen had Evasion.

CoD also has the same issues, but even worse because all of the CoD's have radar hacks.

There are probably more, but they don't come to mind atm.

Luckily there are some games that managed to implement SA the right way, like KZ2!

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 57 (253 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Nov 17, 2013
As long as people will pay out of pocket for certain stat hats, they aren't going anywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 57 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9992 posts

Nov 17, 2013
I liked Drake's Bandana. I mean, not the stats since I haven't turned it on for it, but the hats look nice.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 57 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Nov 17, 2013

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

Artennos wrote:

LEAFBLOWER wrote:

LOLDerf, stop trying to do this! :smileytongue:

Even though I very much agree, it is one of the best if not the best stat hat there is, I do not like all the various Situational Awareness variants in the game which is why I use it over Cloacked gold and because I like to have the perks of being immune to exposed but also being able to hear the funny one liners every now and again.

I don't want it nerfed due to my opinion of bad game mechanics and selfish reasons but I know it is much more useful in comparison every other stat hat. 

I can only hope that ND will just let it go until Uncharted comes out and there isn't any Power Plays that reveal your name along with all those other BS things it makes you immune to.

Drake's nipple hat and Talbot's nose ring FTW :smileyvery-happy:

Lol, do you even use Cloaked stat hats Leaf? I remember you using the call out ones but not this o.O

xp0s!! xD

Anyway, i agree that the Cloaked stat hats should have a bigger down side, specially now that you can use regen gold as a slot 2 to cancel that.... 

Haha, I have been using it for a while now, maybe a month or so before the 1.18 update. I really liked helping my team out but I got a lot of my kills stolen from me as well so I ended up switching plus I can use other boosters like Fleet Foot/ Scoped in. 

Yep, I use Regeneration as my second slot booster for most of my loadouts now :smileytongue:

Yeah, you did have a lot of assists when you were using call out, lol. But that's because Derf is a tryHard and wants all kills for himself! :smileyvery-happy:

Joking Derf!! xDDDD

-------------------------------------------------------------------

www.youtube.com/user/Artennos
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 57 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11080 posts

Nov 17, 2013

IzunaShisui wrote:
I rarely play Uncharted 3, but when I do, I would like to be able to goof around with boosters other than Cloaked, while still having immunity to SA... it removes the fun if you are forced to use Cloaked just to block SA because you hate it.

That was a looong post and i read it all but i'm gonna quote this for you to see how OP Cloaked hats are.

Boosters are there so you have an advantage, there are only two slots so you really need to think which will benefit you better, if one is able to use a 3rd - full - booster (Cloaked level 1 is enough, you don't really need level 3) it makes everything unbalanced.

Think about it, it's not fair, if Cloked hats were turned into... Fleet Foot hats then it wouldn't be a problem since FF level 1 is not that good, it's just that Cloaked level 1 already gives everything one needs, i'll quote the OP:

Derflinger wrote:

Here is a list of all the benefits that a Cloaked stat hat provides:
-removes your player arrow and name
-makes you quieter
-makes you immune to call out
-immunity to the Exposed power play
-immunity to a kickback (Gotcha)
-makes you immune to a paid booster (Ping)
-makes you immune to two boosters (Come Here and Let Me See)

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 57 (227 Views)
PlayStation MVP
233 posts

Nov 17, 2013

I've never bothered with using stat hats but I've run into a lot of people that use them, & I've never had an issue with killing them.

I don't see this as a huge problem. Yes, they have an advantage over everyone else without the hat, but I still don't think it's that much of an advantage where as gameplay could be dramatically changed.

Ex: Quickboom. Rate of Fire.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 57 (223 Views)
Fender Bender
3514 posts

Nov 17, 2013

I've started using the hat as well in FFA and 3TDM. That's what you get for switching boosters! >.<

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 57 (192 Views)