Feb 27 2013
By: JD-- Fender Bender 2290 posts

Co-Op Adventure - Character Customization

11 replies 412 views Edited Feb 27, 2013

Ever get bored of wearing the same, bland attire time after time in Co-Op Adventure? I know I sure do. I was playing Co-Op Adventure yesterday and, in light of the recent color patch update, I thought that I'd like to change the color of Nate's shirt to yellow and maybe have him wear a baseball cap while scaling that tower in Syria. Or, maybe have Sully with a white fedora on blasting away foes in the Victorian library.

I wish that we could change the aesthetics of our characters in Co-Op Adventure modes instead of having the same old skins time after eye sore time. Simply, before we start a Co-Op Adventure level, each player would customize the character we are about to play as in the level to they see fit. And, when the level loads, their customization would be applied in game. Simple as that.

If I wanted to play as a red colored shirt Drake in Borneo, I'd go into the Hero Customization screen, select Nathan Drake (UC3 one) and color his shirt Red, and I'd start the level and it would be applied that way.

I do understand that you can do that "rainbow-coloring-late-join-glitch" thing, but it just doesn't suffice. I'd like to have a bit of customization with every character even in Co-Op Adventure, TOO. Each character would have a set character they would play as (they would know before the level starts) and they'd customize that specific character to how they see fit; and, instead of the skin of the character in that chapter loading, the same CHARACTER would load the CUSTOMIZED skin.

Good idea? No? Thoughts? Let me know!

Thanks, JD. Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 12 (412 Views)
Wastelander
766 posts

Re: Co-Op Adventure - Character Customization

Feb 27, 2013
YES

Message 2 of 12 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Feb 27, 2013

JD-- wrote:

Ever get bored of wearing the same, bland attire time after time in Co-Op Adventure? I know I sure do.

I read this in Billy Mays voice Smiley LOL

but yes, I like the idea.

Message 3 of 12 (398 Views)
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Feb 27, 2013

rengle598 wrote:

JD-- wrote:

Ever get bored of wearing the same, bland attire time after time in Co-Op Adventure? I know I sure do.

I read this in Billy Mays voice Smiley LOL

but yes, I like the idea.

I was going for that style of writing there. Smiley Tongue Glad ya noticed it.

Thanks. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 12 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Problem: You won't know which character you're going to play as (unless you're hosting a private match) until it's too late to pick your colors so you won't be able to pick the colors before a match.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Naughty Dog,
__I have sat idly by for too long. You will NOT stand in the way of destiny! I will be in Co-Op Arena!
_____________________________________________Lots of love,
_________________________________________________Lazarevic
Message 5 of 12 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Feb 27, 2013

CaptainNoah wrote:

Problem: You won't know which character you're going to play as (unless you're hosting a private match) until it's too late to pick your colors so you won't be able to pick the colors before a match.

Good point.

Think of it this way: When you go to play TDM and you finally got that cool piece of clothing for your Custom Villain, right? You can't wait to try it out and sport it while running through the streets of London or climbing the towers in Yemen. Well, you load up the match and pick your map and your Heroes, darn, better luck next time right?

Same aspect, you have, say, Drake all outfitted the way you want, but you get Sully. Oh well, maybe you'll get Drake next time? Same concept, just different (and better Smiley Tongue) game mode.

It would be ideal to host a private match and play Co-Op. That way you can choose your team mates, boosters, kickbacks, AND colors and attire more precisely. Smiley Happy Good question, Noah.

Message 6 of 12 (377 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Feb 27, 2013

I think it would be a more interesting idea if there were more customization options, like say shirts and pants. The whole system is rather underwhelming. But I do think it would be nice to see some effort from ND. Seems like they're always ignoring the small bits and claiming that the big stuff takes up too many resources. Took them a year just to get over their excuses and implement some simple colors. Glad to see you're still trying, but don't expect any action on ND's part for a least a year, and by then they'll probably be working on a new game for the PS4.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Naughty Dog,
__I have sat idly by for too long. You will NOT stand in the way of destiny! I will be in Co-Op Arena!
_____________________________________________Lots of love,
_________________________________________________Lazarevic
Message 7 of 12 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Feb 27, 2013
I love the glitch to change the color, now with 1.17 the variety is even cooler. (Change the clothing color glitch) Fun, fun,fun.
Message 8 of 12 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Question. Why not just have a second Co-Op camaign where you can play as custom characters all together? No? I just realized that.
Message 9 of 12 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

Feb 27, 2013

JD-- wrote:

CaptainNoah wrote:

Good point.

Think of it this way: When you go to play TDM and you finally got that cool piece of clothing for your Custom Villain, right? You can't wait to try it out and sport it while running through the streets of London or climbing the towers in Yemen. Well, you load up the match and pick your map and your Heroes, darn, better luck next time right?

Same aspect, you have, say, Drake all outfitted the way you want, but you get Sully. Oh well, maybe you'll get Drake next time? Same concept, just different (and better Smiley Tongue) game mode.

It would be ideal to host a private match and play Co-Op. That way you can choose your team mates, boosters, kickbacks, AND colors and attire more precisely. Smiley Happy Good question, Noah.

Even when you late joined, you weren't playing as that character and the clothing still changed colors. ND could probably make it so that even if you were Chloe in Adventure but had a green shirted Sully as your character for TDM (outside of Co-op) Chloe would still have a green shirt.

Message 10 of 12 (340 Views)
0 Likes