Apr 23 2013
By: xINESCAPABLEx Uncharted Territory 1541 posts

Co-Op Treasure Trick?

9 replies 455 views Edited Apr 23, 2013

Either it was a happy coincidence or it's true but sometimes my friend and I play co-op and when we both need the same treasure we usually end up getting it in that game or the next one so I've come up with an idea; everyone posts what treasures you really want/need in co-op arena/hunter/adventure and if someone else needs it as well they can pm you on here, psn or comment on this thread and you can try to get the treasure.

If it works then please tell me because I'm still experimenting with this tactic and I haven't come across any evidence to support it nor deny it. So if it does or doesn't work please share your results on here. Try playing two games though in case it might take longer.

I've been trying for ages to get the Emerald Flattop Head in Arena needed for Marlowe's Beret. If anyone else also needs to get this treasure can you send me a message?

Bang Bang!

Message 1 of 10 (455 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Re: Co-Op Treasure Trick?

Apr 23, 2013
that is a good tread idea

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 2 of 10 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6878 posts

Apr 23, 2013

I honestly feel that any "tricks" used to get treasures faster are phooey. It seems like it all comes down to 100% pure luck. Adventure seems the easiest since there are certain guys who drop each treasure. But with arena/hunter you really just have to play constantly and hopefully luck out. With hunter presumably having a higher rate of rare treasures.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 3 of 10 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Apr 23, 2013
@xINESCAPABLEx the emerald flattop head is the only treasure I need, I don't reckon that your theory will hold water but if you want to play a few games I'm certainly willing to put it to the test.
Message 4 of 10 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Apr 24, 2013

@Sanddude, as I said I'm still testing this. Not a lot of my friends play co-op and when they do they mainly help others get the star in Adventure.

Beelzebean wrote:
@xINESCAPABLEx the emerald flattop head is the only treasure I need, I don't reckon that your theory will hold water but if you want to play a few games I'm certainly willing to put it to the test.

I'll be sure to add you when I get the chance to go on Smiley Happy

Bang Bang!

Message 5 of 10 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
381 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Good idea, but I'm not interested.

This game likes to reward players who come back to the game after a 2 day+ break, so I will do that once I resume my treasure hunt.

and as what I just said also is just a theory, it's a bit more likely to be true cause these big companies like to fund university research, mainly to discover what makes games addicting, and no, they aren't nice and kind to not put them in their game, they put those things in their game. A reward system along with a random droprate are very popular.

For example: Diablo 3, Dungeon Defenders, Uncharted 3, mmo's

I guess it's different for everyone, some people notice what I said ( I was not the first to say it ), others find it more useful to look for friends who need the same treasure, others find it better to play with players who need other treasures...

To each their own.

Message 6 of 10 (312 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Apr 24, 2013
Yes, there is a trick to get co-op treasures faster, i mean the rare treasures, OP, PM me if you wanna know the trick.
Message 7 of 10 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 24, 2013

renatabls wrote:
Yes, there is a trick to get co-op treasures faster, i mean the rare treasures, OP, PM me if you wanna know the trick.

You have to sell your soul to the multiplayer gods. I did it, but it wasn't worth it... Smiley Sad

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 8 of 10 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Apr 25, 2013

renatabls wrote:

Isn't it.. Sit around on chateau for hours spawnkilling? or.. Getting 4 people to play hunter, find each other and abuse the mode?

Message 9 of 10 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
793 posts

Apr 25, 2013

renatabls wrote:

My dear Tables I wanna know that too! Smiley Tongue

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 10 of 10 (249 Views)
0 Likes