Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 14 2012
By: ZANIACK Hekseville Citizen 361 posts

Co op = Joyless bullet sponge mode

[ Edited ]
29 replies 750 views Edited Oct 26, 2012

I hate how co-op became bullet sponge mode in this game. It was so much more fun when you could pull of headshots in UC2, and on the harder difficulties it was still challenging.. I dunno, when they amp up the health like that, it just feels like an artificial way to add difficulty to the game... It feels cheap. The Pak-80 guys, I mean, come on... You can fire like a million rounds into their face and they don't even flinch.

Can we maybe get a 'classic' co op adventure/arena modes? No kickbacks or boosters BUT the enemies have lower health(more like equivalent health of NPCs from the single player), and the average enemy will drop with a single headshot. Make the RPG more powerful. In U2's single player and co op, an RPG would destroy the regular armored enemy with one shot, but it requires two rockets in U3's campaign, and like a dozen in co op. And the Pak-80 guys shrug off a rocket propelled grenade like a God d*mn mosquito.

EDIT 1: Weapon characteristics should be seamlessly blended from the single player to the co op multiplayer, co op shouldn't be a carbon copy of competetive MP. And can we please get the Tau Sniper and Dragonuv aim to be exactly like in the single player so we don't have to be forced to look into the scope to aim, and by just pressing R3 while aiming will bring up the scope(just like Uncharted 2). This is the way it was in the summer beta, please restore it.

EDIT 2: Got the U3 GOTY edition a few days ago. Shade Survival is 

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 1 of 30 (750 Views)
Fender Bender
3525 posts

Re: Co op = Bullet sponge mode (Unfun)

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

ZANIACK wrote:

I  The Pak-80 guys, I mean, come on... You can fire like a million rounds into their face and they don't even flinch.

Try Dragon.

I prefer the PAK brutes in UC3 (well, their health at least). The way how they act though is pretty dumb though, like suddenly freezing and shooting with their PAK 24/7, or shooting a player that's reviving non stop.
In UC2 Gau(?) Brutes were lot easier to kill because you could just throw few grenades at them and that's it. At least in UC3 they are more resistant to them (until someone decides to throw Cluster Bomb :smileywink: ).
Edit: Headshots should be more powerful though. I mean, in UC2, weren't you able to kill enemies (the regular ones at least) with a single bullet to the head?

Message 2 of 30 (738 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Alluboy_ wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

I  The Pak-80 guys, I mean, come on... You can fire like a million rounds into their face and they don't even flinch.

Try Dragon.

I prefer the PAK brutes in UC3 (well, their health at least). The way how they act though is pretty dumb though, like suddenly freezing and shooting with their PAK 24/7, or shooting a player that's reviving non stop.
In UC2 Gau(?) Brutes were lot easier to kill because you could just throw few grenades at them and that's it. At least in UC3 they are more resistant to them (until someone decides to throw Cluster Bomb :smileywink: ).
Edit: Headshots should be more powerful though. I mean, weren't you able to kill enemies (the regular ones at least) with a single bullet to the head?

No, it takes a few headshots on the weakest enemies to bring them down in Uncharted 3.

Message 3 of 30 (727 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3525 posts

Sep 14, 2012

ZANIACK wrote:
No, it takes a few headshots on the weakest enemies to bring them down in Uncharted 3.

Sorry, I forgot to add "UC2"  to that sentence. :smileywink:

Message 4 of 30 (717 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Sep 14, 2012

So does it sound good if we get co op hardcore?

Message 5 of 30 (711 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
22 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Why don't you just play UC2 Co-Op instead? 

ND should focus on the actual issues with Co-Op as opposed to fulfilling this outdated request. The armored enemies and Brutes aren't much of a challenge if you play as a team even on Crushing. Either way ND won't do this as it would split the player pool too much. They won't even separate the game modes of Arena in Custom Matches so this is even more unlikely.

I don't even know why you're making this thread now, this seems like something you would complain about during the BETA days. You sound like you're trying to solo everything yourself and you're only complaining since you can't.

Use Army of 3 to kill Brutes with 1 headshot on Crushing. Pick up their PAK-80 and game over if you actually aim with it. I think someone else posted you can 1 shot Mini-Bosses as well with the T-Bolt/MAG-5 & Ao3 but haven't tried.

Message 6 of 30 (684 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Alluboy_ wrote:
Edit: Headshots should be more powerful though. I mean, in UC2, weren't you able to kill enemies (the regular ones at least) with a single bullet to the head?

Pretty sure you could do that in Uc3 before a certain patch, don't remember which one though :smileyfrustrated:

Correct me I'm wrong.

Message 7 of 30 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

Agree, Co-op in Uncharted 3 is awful not only because of the unified modes, but mainly because enemies are pure bullet sponges and gunfights are nothing like in the campaign / Uncharted 2 Co-op, it's all about spreading 1000 bullets to the invincible robot-alien armored dudes that are the enemies.

Crushing? Spread 2000 bullets to the special enemy with magical abilities.

I never had fun in Co-op in Uncharted 3, and I don't understand why people want more Co-op features when the mode is broken from its own lazy mechanics.

If Co-op was like Uncharted 1 gunfights, I'd be playing it all day. Hell, even if it was like Uncharted 3 gunfights, at least you fight humans there.

Message 8 of 30 (612 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Sep 14, 2012
They should make npcs like draza, eddy. Flynn **bleep** health.
Look at what I posted, ^^^ not my signature.
Message 9 of 30 (604 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

Well, ya, the enemies are bullet sponges to a certain degree, but a true Co-op junkie knows how to handle all enemies quickly (for the most part).   It does not always work, but the methods are in place. 

Thankfully NDI does nothing with Co op, so there is essentially little to no chance of getting a weaker version of NPC characters or changes to Co op in ANY capacity, and thank god for that, in this specific case, because the last thing we need to do is go retrograde. 

Was combining the 3 modes a mistake for Co op Arena in UC3?  You're D A M N right it was.  To not have a survial only version of Arena was one of the most eggregious missteps by NDI in the history of their game development. 

True Co op junkies look at the OP title and thread and say to themselves, essentially, "hell no."  Keep the current system, but add a survival only mode with a MINIMUM 10 rounds. 

As to the poster who said "go play UC2 Co op then," all I can say is: GOOD LUCK.  I jumped into UC2 the other day and tried to find a public match.  It's almost impossible.    Basically if you're shifting to UC2's Co op you better have a steady of group of friends who play it as well, cause you'll have a helluva time finding a public match. 

The difficulty level and the enemies are fine.  It's the human player that has to adjust.  That takes time and persistance. 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Message 10 of 30 (593 Views)
0 Likes