Sackboy
501 posts

What's the bargain reduction at level 3?  -3 medals?  If...

Nov 13, 2011

Toxic156 wrote:

I consider Bargain to be more useful, and I'll soon be making the switch. Thoughts?

What's the bargain reduction at level 3?  -3 medals?  If so, that'd make Speedy G "free".

Definitely think bargain vs overstock depends on how quickly you earn medals.  I use team medic, so I find overstock to be better for my setup.  Hardly have to use team medic in the early rounds, so by the time I do need to use it, I will usually have earned 16+ medals.  Then when I use medic, I am just 4 medals away from being able to use it again.  With bargain (assuming a -3 cost), I'd always be 7 medals away from next use.

I do wish that if one equips overstock that the meter would show 16/10 or whatever so you know how many are "in the bank" instead of just seeing the kickback activate icon.

Hey, did anyone else make the association of the "Speedy G" kickback name with Speedy Gonzales?

"¡Andale! ¡Andale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Yii-hah!"

Message 31 of 89 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Nov 13, 2011

wx327 wrote:

Toxic156 wrote:

I consider Bargain to be more useful, and I'll soon be making the switch. Thoughts?

What's the bargain reduction at level 3?  -3 medals?  If so, that'd make Speedy G "free".

Definitely think bargain vs overstock depends on how quickly you earn medals.  I use team medic, so I find overstock to be better for my setup.  Hardly have to use team medic in the early rounds, so by the time I do need to use it, I will usually have earned 16+ medals.  Then when I use medic, I am just 4 medals away from being able to use it again.  With bargain (assuming a -3 cost), I'd always be 7 medals away from next use.

I do wish that if one equips overstock that the meter would show 16/10 or whatever so you know how many are "in the bank" instead of just seeing the kickback activate icon.

Hey, did anyone else make the association of the "Speedy G" kickback name with Speedy Gonzales?

"¡Andale! ¡Andale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Yii-hah!"

1. No, level 3 Bargain reduces by 2. The 2nd level upgrade is pretty stupic- it turns you gold whenver you use a kickback.

2. Like I said, it really depends on how quickly you earn medals. Overstock is for those who use their kickbacks a lot, while Bargain is more for those who try to save it. (My opinion.)

3. Yeah, that would be better than having to memorize the amount of medals you've earned.

4. Yes, I made that reference. Too bad charcters don't yell anything like what you wrote in green when they use it...:smileysad:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 32 of 89 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Nov 13, 2011

naaros wrote:

For me, I consider Overstock to be more useful than Bargain.  And maybe I was wrong, but didn't Bargain require "In the soft" or something medals to level up? (ie: kill 5 of the lesser brute with a melee hit)  I could be mistaken - I know something requires that to level up, lol.  XD

But yeah, the reason why Overstock is better for me is just because I generally do not have to use Team Medic until the later rounds (8-10), and I get medals pretty quickly.  So the first time I use Team Medic, I already have 6/10 on my next one which wouldn't take long to get.  Whereas if I were using Bargain, I would be 0/8 (so 4 vs 8).

However, the downside is if you have to spam Team Medic toward the end, Bargain WOULD be better.  Like if you are basically having to use Team Medic as soon as it becomes available.  ie: you wouldn't be getting enough medals to warrant using Overstock.

Just my opinions, anyways.  It just depends how well your team is doing and how often they put themselves in stupid situations, lol.

1. It recquires Punck Out! medals to level up. Unless if they changed it from the beta, I haven't checked (made the switch) yet. Also, "In the Soft Spot" only needs you to melee 3 of those enemies. :smileywink:

2. Yeah, they're both good kickback-focused boosters. I just think that one is more useful than the other, but what I'm seeing here is making me think about my decision.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Message 33 of 89 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

For me, I consider Overstock to be more useful than Barga...

Nov 13, 2011

For me, I consider Overstock to be more useful than Bargain.  And maybe I was wrong, but didn't Bargain require "In the soft" or something medals to level up? (ie: kill 5 of the lesser brute with a melee hit)  I could be mistaken - I know something requires that to level up, lol.  XD

But yeah, the reason why Overstock is better for me is just because I generally do not have to use Team Medic until the later rounds (8-10), and I get medals pretty quickly.  So the first time I use Team Medic, I already have 6/10 on my next one which wouldn't take long to get.  Whereas if I were using Bargain, I would be 0/8 (so 4 vs 8).

However, the downside is if you have to spam Team Medic toward the end, Bargain WOULD be better.  Like if you are basically having to use Team Medic as soon as it becomes available.  ie: you wouldn't be getting enough medals to warrant using Overstock.

Just my opinions, anyways.  It just depends how well your team is doing and how often they put themselves in stupid situations, lol.  In the end, they are actually similar kickbacks in a way, and are both useful to a degree.

Random thought:  I wish Overstock was a competitive booster, too.  I'd actually probably go back to using Smoke Bomb if that were the case.

----------------------------------------------------

Message 34 of 89 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2118 posts

I have sets in Co-Ops depends which type I'm playing (Off...

Nov 13, 2011

I have sets in Co-Ops depends which type I'm playing (Offensive and Support)

Co-Op Arena

Booster 1: Regeneration

Booster 2: Team Safe

Kickback - Cluster Bomb (for taking out armored guys and brutes easily)

Co-Op Adventure (Offensive 1)

Booster 1: Fleet Foot

Booster 2: Back to the Saddle

Kickback - Army of Three

Co-Op Adventure (Offensive 2)

Booster 1: Explosive Expert

Booster 2: Team Safe

Kickback - Cluster Bomb

Co-Op Adventure (Support 1)

Booster 2: Overstock

Kickback - Team Medic

Co-Op Adventure (Support 2)

Booster 2: Bargain

Kickback - Protector

Photobucket
Message 35 of 89 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Did you reverse those?   In any case, I think bargain is...

Nov 13, 2011

Toxic156 wrote:

2. Like I said, it really depends on how quickly you earn medals. Overstock is for those who use their kickbacks a lot, while Bargain is more for those who try to save it. (My opinion.)

Did you reverse those?

In any case, I think bargain is better suited for kickbacks that you use frequently (which tend to be the more offensive-oriented ones).

Message 36 of 89 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Nov 13, 2011

wx327 wrote:

Toxic156 wrote:

Did you reverse those?

In any case, I think bargain is better suited for kickbacks that you use frequently (which tend to be the more offensive-oriented ones).

Actually, thinking about it, it could go both ways. Overstock allows you to save up for your next usage without wasting your kickback, and Bargain allows you to use it sooner. I don't know what I was thinking when I said that about Bargain. And yes, Bargain is better for more usage out of kickbacks.

Message 37 of 89 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

I didn't buy bargain, but I think they changed some of th...

Nov 13, 2011

I didn't buy bargain, but I think they changed some of the medal requirements for boosters since the summer beta.

I do remember back in the saddle was tied to 12 parsecs and that medal is now gone.  It is now tied to If it bleeds (kill a brute).  Also, it used to be worth loading with the -5 second from respawn at level 1, but now it is only -2, -4, -6.

Endurance requires Punch Out to level up.  Thought that was kind of funny because I like to steel fist enemies in the early rounds and found myself leveling up Endurance in my first match of co-op arena.

Message 38 of 89 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

Hrm, I wonder what requires In the Soft Spot medals then....

Nov 13, 2011

Hrm, I wonder what requires In the Soft Spot medals then.  Can't check the game right now to see.

I also could just be crazy. :smileytongue:  

----------------------------------------------------

Message 39 of 89 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20315 posts

Regeneration and Team Safe are the greatest boosters ever...

Nov 13, 2011
Regeneration and Team Safe are the greatest boosters ever for co-op. Regeneration makes surviving easy and Team Safe lets you go ballistic with explosives WHEREVER YOU WANT. Also justifies using Cluster Bomb. :smileywink:
Message 40 of 89 (336 Views)
0 Likes