Fender Bender
4145 posts

Nov 13, 2011

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
Regeneration and Team Safe are the greatest boosters ever for co-op. Regeneration makes surviving easy and Team Safe lets you go ballistic with explosives WHEREVER YOU WANT. Also justifies using Cluster Bomb. :smileywink:

Would you (or anyone else) mind posting how you level up Team Safe? I would buy it, but Thrust took away a lot of my money today. Bargain is now "a lot" for me, but I'm willing to make that purchase.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 41 of 89 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Let 'Em Go.   Go level up that amazing booster RIGHT NOW.

Nov 13, 2011

Toxic156 wrote:

Would you (or anyone else) mind posting how you level up Team Safe? I would buy it, but Thrust took away a lot of my money today. Bargain is now "a lot" for me, but I'm willing to make that purchase.

Let 'Em Go.

Go level up that amazing booster RIGHT NOW.

Message 42 of 89 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

Yeah, I really should level that up, too.  I'll probably...

Nov 13, 2011

Yeah, I really should level that up, too.  I'll probably still mostly use Overstock with Team Medic in most situations, but it'd still be a nice booster to level for when I DO use Cluster Bomb, lol.

I wish it was that easy to level up in the competitive side of things.  TBH, I find getting High Five medals really hard with randoms.  Plus the fact that High Fives are rather glitchy and VERY picky on if they work or not.  If there's any slight variation in height, it just will not work at all. :smileysad:

----------------------------------------------------

Message 43 of 89 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Nov 13, 2011

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Toxic156 wrote:

Let 'Em Go.

Go level up that amazing booster RIGHT NOW.

But...parents are watching TV. :smileysad:

Anyway, to stir up another discussion: What do you think is better, Cluster Bomb or Mega Bomb? Cluster seems better to me from the AOE (area of effect) being incredibly larger, but I've used neither in co-op.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 44 of 89 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

I've used neither, but Cluster is really nice, albeit dan...

Nov 13, 2011

Toxic156 wrote:

Anyway, to stir up another discussion: What do you think is better, Cluster Bomb or Mega Bomb? Cluster seems better to me from the AOE (area of effect) being incredibly larger, but I've used neither in co-op.

I've used neither, but Cluster is really nice, albeit dangerous without Team Safe. Mega seems like a bit of a let down for one explosion, but makes Fire in the Hole medals very easy.

Message 45 of 89 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

While I haven't used either in Co-Op, I would think Clust...

Nov 13, 2011

While I haven't used either in Co-Op, I would think Cluster Bomb would be more useful if not just for the extra splash damage on multiple targets if they are close.  Of course, I also do not know the range on Mega Bomb or how much damage it does.  But it DOES require more medals to use than Cluster Bomb (if the competitive side of things is any indication).

I'd be interested to know how many Mega Bombs it takes to kill one of those PAK brutes, lol.  Someone said it takes 2 Cluster Bombs to kill them (dunno how accurate, but that's what they said).

Message 46 of 89 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

You got the RPG with 5 shots in the Airport for that.:smi...

Nov 13, 2011

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Toxic156 wrote:

I've used neither, but Cluster is really nice, albeit dangerous without Team Safe. Mega seems like a bit of a let down for one explosion, but makes Fire in the Hole medals very easy.

You got the RPG with 5 shots in the Airport for that.:smileytongue:

My PSN is slycooper808.
I use this account in the forums. (I forgot my password,sue me)
Message 47 of 89 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

I used Mega Bomb in the beta and the blast radius was hum...

Nov 13, 2011

naaros wrote:

While I haven't used either in Co-Op, I would think Cluster Bomb would be more useful if not just for the extra splash damage on multiple targets if they are close.  Of course, I also do not know the range on Mega Bomb or how much damage it does.  But it DOES require more medals to use than Cluster Bomb (if the competitive side of things is any indication).

I'd be interested to know how many Mega Bombs it takes to kill one of those PAK brutes, lol.  Someone said it takes 2 Cluster Bombs to kill them (dunno how accurate, but that's what they said).

I used Mega Bomb in the beta and the blast radius was humongous. The problem is that it's hard for it to be useful if everyone is shooting at the guys you are throwing the nade at and you can't get many kills for your medals.

Army of Three is my personal favorite co-op kickback.

Message 48 of 89 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

I've been meaning to try Army of Three, too.  How many me...

Nov 13, 2011

I've been meaning to try Army of Three, too.  How many medals does that take if you know offhand?

And has anyone used Protector?  I just unlocked it, and it looked like it could be fairly useful when out in the open and trying to kill one of those PAK brutes, but... I dunno.  Also, does it actually make a visual shield that people can get under or is it just like Army of Three with a pulsating red aura around players?

Message 49 of 89 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

It takes 10 medals. You get double damage for 30 seconds...

Nov 13, 2011

naaros wrote:

I've been meaning to try Army of Three, too.  How many medals does that take if you know offhand?

And has anyone used Protector?  I just unlocked it, and it looked like it could be fairly useful when out in the open and trying to kill one of those PAK brutes, but... I dunno.  Also, does it actually make a visual shield that people can get under or is it just like Army of Three with a pulsating red aura around players?

It takes 10 medals. You get double damage for 30 seconds and teammates within 10 meters also get double damage.

This kickback is absolutely BRUTAL. It takes maybe 2 shots to kill unarmored enemies, a quarter of a clip to kill armored M9/SAS guys, and about 3 clips to kill a Brute.

The real issue with this kickback is its roll in Hunter mode. If you constantly score the treasure, you can UNLIMITED Army of Three, killing all enemies, including human Villains, in little more than 2 seconds and stopping all possible resistance.

It's broken in Hunter, but god-like in Arena and Adventure.

Message 50 of 89 (306 Views)
0 Likes