Gaming Beast
2399 posts

Oh, 10 medals isn't bad at all.  Especially considering h...

Nov 13, 2011

Oh, 10 medals isn't bad at all.  Especially considering how long it lasts.  I wonder if Kickback Endurance would be really useful with that kickback, too.  Hmm..  I dunno how much level 3 Kickback Endurance lasts, but I'd say it'd add at least another 15 seconds which would be 45 seconds of awesomeness. :smileyhappy:

----------------------------------------------------

Message 51 of 89 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Nov 13, 2011

naaros wrote:

For me, I consider Overstock to be more useful than Bargain.  And maybe I was wrong, but didn't Bargain require "In the soft" or something medals to level up? (ie: kill 5 of the lesser brute with a melee hit)  I could be mistaken - I know something requires that to level up, lol.  XD

Turns out you were right- Bargain recquires 5 "In the Soft Spot" medals to upgrade to level 2. To earn one, you have to melee 3 enemies who've had their armor shot off. Still, a relatively easy upgrade...at least, to level 2.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 52 of 89 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20406 posts

Aren't all level 3 upgrades unlocked at 3x the medals fro...

Nov 13, 2011

Toxic156 wrote:

Turns out you were right- Bargain recquires 5 "In the Soft Spot" medals to upgrade to level 2. To earn one, you have to melee 3 enemies who've had their armor shot off. Still, a relatively easy upgrade...at least, to level 2.

Aren't all level 3 upgrades unlocked at 3x the medals from level 1 to 2?

15 In the Soft Spot medals isn't hard, since that's the way you should be taking those guys out normally. :smileywink:

Message 53 of 89 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

Yay, I'm not crazy!  XD :D   My Bargain is still level tw...

Nov 13, 2011

Toxic156 wrote:

naaros wrote:

For me, I consider Overstock to be more useful than Bargain.  And maybe I was wrong, but didn't Bargain require "In the soft" or something medals to level up? (ie: kill 5 of the lesser brute with a melee hit)  I could be mistaken - I know something requires that to level up, lol.  XD

Yay, I'm not crazy!  XD :smileyvery-happy:

My Bargain is still level two because I had switched over to Overstock (which is insanely easy to level - especially because you can simply run around regular enemies and snap their neck even if they are shooting at you lol).  I should finish off Bargain just so I have it at level 3.  Of course, if I ever Legacy, it'll go away. :smileysad:  Sigh.  Still not sure about doing that yet.

And random question, can you still get the In The Soft medals by performing a melee on those brutes outside of the seige area?  I've seen several people leave the circle to do that and they end up earning $0, of course.  But sometimes those brutes just won't come in the circle, lol.

Message 54 of 89 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Yeah, it's like those invisible electric fences for dogs....

Nov 13, 2011

naaros wrote:

But sometimes those brutes just won't come in the circle, lol.

Yeah, it's like those invisible electric fences for dogs.  They know you can't come out there to get them.  :smileyvery-happy:

Message 55 of 89 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Nov 13, 2011

naaros wrote:

Toxic156 wrote:

naaros wrote:

Yay, I'm not crazy!  XD :smileyvery-happy:

My Bargain is still level two because I had switched over to Overstock (which is insanely easy to level - especially because you can simply run around regular enemies and snap their neck even if they are shooting at you lol).  I should finish off Bargain just so I have it at level 3.  Of course, if I ever Legacy, it'll go away. :smileysad:  Sigh.  Still not sure about doing that yet.

And random question, can you still get the In The Soft medals by performing a melee on those brutes outside of the seige area?  I've seen several people leave the circle to do that and they end up earning $0, of course.  But sometimes they just won't come in the circle, lol.

In terms of Legacy, I want to try and buy everything (probably lose patience before this) and complete all non-Hardcore treasure sets (something I'll see to the end.)

You can still get "In the Soft" medals (I think), but you have to do it 3 times. It also saves some ammo. :smileywink:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Message 56 of 89 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

lol. :D  So true! :P     @Toxin156:  Yeah, I should proba...

Nov 13, 2011

wx327 wrote:

naaros wrote:

But sometimes those brutes just won't come in the circle, lol.

Yeah, it's like those invisible electric fences for dogs.  They know you can't come out there to get them.  :smileyvery-happy:

lol. :smileyvery-happy:  So true! :smileytongue:

@Toxin156:  Yeah, I should probably finish off all competitive treasure sets (minus Hardcore) before doing Legacy so I won't have to relevel Treasure Hunter to level 3.  It's not super hard to level, but can be time consuming and luck-based.

That is, if I decide to do Legacy at all.  Still not sure.

Message 57 of 89 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

Regeneration is a Life-Saver, I use it in both Competitiv...

Nov 14, 2011
Regeneration is a Life-Saver, I use it in both Competitive and Co-op. It's a b***h to Level up in Co-Op though. I'm basically going through the match hoping my teammates get downed.

For some reason I've been using Back in the Saddle but there's not real point as I rarely get to kill the Brutes so based on people's comments here, I'll be using Overstock in the future, I love stealth killing enemies so I should be able to level it up reasonably quick.

And Team Medic for my Kickback.
Message 58 of 89 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

lol, I'm the same way.  Whenever a teammate gets downed,...

Nov 14, 2011

MarvelAlex wrote:
Regeneration is a Life-Saver, I use it in both Competitive and Co-op. It's a b***h to Level up in Co-Op though. I'm basically going through the match hoping my teammates get downed.

lol, I'm the same way.  Whenever a teammate gets downed, I'm like "Hell yeah, get downed moreeeeee please!"  It takes a crazy amount of Medic medals to level Regeneration.  XD

Message 59 of 89 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Nov 25, 2011

Thought this could be bumped up. I've also made the switch to Ammo Award in co-op instead of Overstock. Team Safe is a good choice for a second slot booster, but I found myself running out of ammo more times than throwing grenades at my teamates. Level 1 is okay, but hopefully level 2 will make it even better. (Upgraded by Head Cracker medals- 5 headshots).

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote: 

Explosives Expert (I've got SO spoiled starting with two grenades!).

Sleaze, I know you made this post a while ago, but do you mind posting what the higher levels of Explosives Expert do? The upgrading medals would also be helpful. I would buy it, but I don't have a lot of excess money...:smileysad:

Message 60 of 89 (304 Views)
0 Likes