Cluster

All the way!!!!

Message 71 of 89 (359 Views)
Wastelander
685 posts

Re: Co-op Loadouts

[ Edited ]
Mar 18, 2013

Bargain vs. Overstock – my case for using Overstock with Team Medic.

Unlike some of the kickbacks, you cannot stack Team Medic (effect is instantaneous).  So, assuming gold level in both the Bargain and Overstock boosters:

• Bargain allows you to activate Team Medic with 8 medals.
  • Overstock doesn’t change the cost of the kickback (10 medals) but you can accumulate 16 medals before they no longer count.  That’s the way Overstock works…whatever the medal cost of your chosen kickback, overstock allows you to accumulate that number of medals plus an additional 6 on gold level.  10(Team Medic cost) + 6 (Gold level Overstock) = 16 (number of you can earn or pick up before they no longer accumulate – at least until you use your kickback).

While it is true that Bargain reduces the cost of the kickback, in practice, once you use Team Medic with Bargain, you need to accumulate 8 more medals – with Overstock, you need only 4 (assuming you’ve picked up or earned your 16 medals already) before you can use it again.

Bottom line:  Bargain will give you two Team Medics for 16 medals and for Overstock it will still cost you 20 BUT if you need to use the kickback twice in a short period (think Hard or Crushing), I like Overstock.  Many is the time that I’ve saved my teammates because I had that second Team Medic available sooner.

In the end it’s a matter of preference.

NOTE:  Once you reach your kickback with Team Medic, there’s no way to tell how much Overstock you have…you must keep track of the medals you earn or pick up.  Unless I’m sure I’ve earned the medals, I usually go for at least one chest pick up after I’ve earned my kickback.  Earning 3 medals usually happens before you need Team Medic again.

Message 72 of 89 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Mar 18, 2013
I think there should be a "crushing +" mode.
Any Boosters, Kickbacks and weapon mods are disabled.
You could call it "Tournament Mode".
Some weeks ago I've been a little lightminded and went (?) to 5th legacy and had to play since then for a very long time without these helpful tools.
Hence the idea from "crushing +"....
Message 73 of 89 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6879 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

Little update..

I'm using Regeneration and Team Safe along with Protector pretty much all the time. Then I also use Sailor Mask to get 10% duration for my kickback, sometimes combining it with Kickback endurance for even bigger boost.

There's also another loadout I sometimes use. It consists of Scoped In and Ammo Award with, again, Protector.  With this combo, you can pretty much have unlimited ammo for your Dragon, because 5 kills = Long gun fewer -> 5 more shots for Dragon.

So the first one is more like my usual, "play it safe" loadout. The other is obviously a sniping loadout, and it works great when you want to take down tougher enemies fast and safe from the distance.

I use militia man with that loadout, which truly gives you an infinite sniper. Since the dragon doesn't truly kill everyone in 1 hit + missed shots, and it is useful for when the brute comes out too. Other great guns to use with that are the g-mal, raffica, tau, and wes.

Other than that, I use different loadouts everytime I play co-op BOO to the boring Regen/TS + cluster combo.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 74 of 89 (336 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 19, 2013
Regeneration, TS and Army of Three still. It's for when my teammates are, like me, rushes to save the team. I turn it on, the non downed guy sticksto means takes out the dudes, I run to heal, guy stands up and kills dudes, I **bleep** out because I'm a sniper.

My Booster 1 + TS + Kickback varies, depending on assumed teammate skill.

Endurance + TS + Cluster Bomb for when I think they'll get downed even before we reach the first checkpoint.

Endurance + TS + Protectorate for when they'll get downed because they're rushfreaks.

Regen + TS + Team Medic for when they head to the open area and I'm like "Hell naw."
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 75 of 89 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Mar 19, 2013

I normally use:

Regen

Team Safe

Army of Three

Sometimes I'll use Protector for my kickback.

One hell of a Co-op Medic

PSN ID: Pookah23
Message 76 of 89 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Nowadays, I use Regen+ Team Safe (best Co-op booster, imho), with the Cluster Bomb as my kickback. Occasionally, I use Army of Three for intense Crushing rounds.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 77 of 89 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Regen

Overstock but i want to get gold ammo award for near unlimited dragon sniper support

cluster but i want army of 3

Message 78 of 89 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 19, 2013
Army of 3 is nice if your teammates don't rush much.

Protector if your teammates play as if they have infinite health.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 79 of 89 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Mar 19, 2013

yeah i hate teammates who rush crushing, drain our lives and then im the only guy left who alive, i did syria adventure all by myself until on the roof the chopper shot two rockets at me and my TM and killed us both, it was just the wrong place at the wrong time i suppose Smiley Mad

Message 80 of 89 (284 Views)
0 Likes