Oct 31 2013
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3721 posts

Co-op for ND (MacGruber)

[ Edited ]
19 replies 613 views Edited Oct 31, 2013

Here are my bullet point solutions to make co-op better for a future Uncharted game (prequel/sequel/spinoff)

• Make Co-op available for ALL maps:

1.   All maps are practically "twinned" so if you can make Highrise available on Co-op, then why not make City Of Brass available? Enemies CLIMB that impossible cliff in the Lost City, so don't worry about "realism". Smaller maps add to the difficulty. Anyone with problems can put their settings to Very Easy.

2.   Certain maps can have things added or taken away. In Molten Ruins you blocked off the dome by adding rubbles on      there. Yemen has ladders removed from Towers. You can easily block off certain points and/or remove certain things from maps to overcome these issues. Enemy spawns can be from anywhere or the same place like we have in London Streets. So again, there's no excuse to have ALL Maps available for Co-op. 

• Survival Only Mode with more rounds per difficulty (Easy 10 rounds, Crushing 30-50 Rounds) OR If we still have 10 rounds in Crushing, then make sure Crushing is CRUSHING from Round 1. We NEED Kickback Bosses and PAK Brutes (or U4 versions of them) from Round 1 onwards.

• Bring back 3 strikes you're out from U2, this gives players more incentive to revive, stick together and play as a team

• Ability to reverse and kill or even escape choker by pressing triangle. This was if your team mate is down and you're being choked you can escape and revive them. We need a fighting chance.

• 1 player co-op incase your partner gets disconnected. This way you don't lose all your XP and cash as well as treasure.

• Special rewards for people who do the "impossible" such as completing all Arena maps with 2 players and 0 deaths. 

• CMP style customization so we can create our own Co-op Tourneys and matches.

^All this CAN be do-able. Please don't ruin co-op and then claim you don't focus on it after many players leave. You make them leave then use that as an excuse not to make co-op great. I know you guys have the ability, well we all know you have the ability to make co-op great. If you didn't we wouldn't ask.

Having said all this, there have been some improvements made to co-op in U3 but some steps were also taken back. In future Uncharted game(s) move forwards (see bullets points) and NEVER move a single step back.

We want about 4 patches in future Uncharted games, the less the better. We don't need a billion patches to fix the game.

TAKE YOUR TIME PLEASE when you make the game. Make it and THEN set a 3 month deadline. In those 3 months, release a BETA and STILL work on the game and THEN when you're 110% ready, release it. It's better to WAIT for an epic game rather than have it rushed and received earlier.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 20 (613 Views)
Naughty Paw
2018 posts

Re: Co-op for ND (MacGruber)

Oct 31, 2013
Gotta give it to you man, you never give up. Props broham
Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 2 of 20 (560 Views)
I Only Post Everything
800 posts

Oct 31, 2013

"1 player co-op incase your partner gets disconnected. This way you don't lose all your XP and cash as well as treasure."

Best Idea ever. Should be there since Uncharted 3's launch.

You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 3 of 20 (546 Views)
Sackboy
554 posts

Oct 31, 2013

I'd support any additions to COOP for future games...

In U2, I played very little COOP and spend the majority of my time in competitive modes.

However, in U3, I 've played a ton of COOP. I find that coop is much less frustrating to play.  I don't get cheap losses from disconnects, don't get party splits, don't get try hards whacking and rolling all over the place ,etc ,etc.

However, one huge frustration has been losing cash and XP when the other two players either quit or get disconnected.   Would it be that tough to still give me the cash and whatever else I've earned during the match?

You've made great suggestions and hopefully if/when Uncharted 4 rolls around, they'll expand the COOP options.

Message 4 of 20 (544 Views)
Wastelander
685 posts

Oct 31, 2013

I agree…it would be vastly preferable to be able to complete a coop match as a single player BUT if not, at least give us the money and XP earned up to that point.  There’s plenty that UC3 does better but on that one point, UC2 was better…while UC2 seemed to disconnect more often, at least you got a “consolation” prize of accrued cash and XP.

Message 5 of 20 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Oct 31, 2013
This was one of the things I was referring to as a "step back", in U2 we still received all our cash and xp if anyone disconnected. In U3 I've had to end up raging MANY times when I'd reach round 10 and have a couple if kills left only to see it was all for nothing when someone got disconnected. You play for over half an hour at times and you get nothing at the end of it. All those treasures, XP and cash are instantly gone.
Message 6 of 20 (506 Views)
Fender Bender
2345 posts

Nov 1, 2013
Agree with everything you said, and would LOVE these features in Uncharted 4, but there is still one thing we should be pushing for in Uncharted 3... Free Co-op ad-ons for F2P. Now I know they have to make money somehow, but charging money for something after claiming the player pool for Co-op is dead, then admitting they don't plan to ever fix it's faults... It's just... Embarrassing.

Not only that, but co-op is a good place for players to learn the basic features (since they didn't even include a SP demo on the F2P client). How about charging money for Team Objective and Plunder? Those modes are awful for new players as they have no idea what they are doing, they can't even help by getting kills, and will usually spend most of the match walking into walls.
Pepsi
Message 7 of 20 (421 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Nov 1, 2013

I've given up on this.

Our best hope would be asking MacGruber if we can have all that in Uncharted 4.

I hope I get an answer on that.

Message 8 of 20 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Nov 1, 2013

@Aureilia...

In agreement about hope of significant changes to the current game.  Patch 1.18 was a very pleasant surprise… the hype wasn’t completely out of whack with what we got.  My only real beef is the booster change…the rationale for which I just don’t understand (because there isn’t one that I can see).

I may not make it clear every time I post but the main reason I bother is my hope that ND is taking notes and that we’re lucky enough to get another Uncharted game where they implement (at least some of) our ideas.

My overall impression is that the coop community is generally better aligned on what they want than the comp community…so it is frustrating that coop seems to get the short end more often than not – even though coop might be less popular than comp, with just a little more investment (time, research, effort…what have you), it seems to me they could hit it out of the park. The Uncharted series is outstanding in my view but if they created an unparalleled coop experience, I’d like to think they’d be pleasantly surprised at the potential player pool they could tap.  “Build it and they will come”…might not prove true but at least they could say they created the quintessential coop experience and we coop enthusiasts would fall silent as we happily gamed our way into the sunset! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 20 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Nov 1, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

@Aureilia...

In agreement about hope of significant changes to the current game.  Patch 1.18 was a very pleasant surprise… the hype wasn’t completely out of whack with what we got.  My only real beef is the booster change…the rationale for which I just don’t understand (because there isn’t one that I can see).

I may not make it clear every time I post but the main reason I bother is my hope that ND is taking notes and that we’re lucky enough to get another Uncharted game where they implement (at least some of) our ideas.

My overall impression is that the coop community is generally better aligned on what they want than the comp community…so it is frustrating that coop seems to get the short end more often than not – even though coop might be less popular than comp, with just a little more investment (time, research, effort…what have you), it seems to me they could hit it out of the park. The Uncharted series is outstanding in my view but if they created an unparalleled coop experience, I’d like to think they’d be pleasantly surprised at the potential player pool they could tap.  “Build it and they will come”…might not prove true but at least they could say they created the quintessential coop experience and we coop enthusiasts would fall silent as we happily gamed our way into the sunset! Smiley Happy

My question would confirm we'd get another one Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 20 (379 Views)
0 Likes