Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Co-op for ND (MacGruber)

Nov 1, 2013
Noticed there's nothing about Adv/Obj co-op. Isn't anybody bothered by the fact that we only got two stories instead of the three from Uc2?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 11 of 20 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Nov 2, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Noticed there's nothing about Adv/Obj co-op. Isn't anybody bothered by the fact that we only got two stories instead of the three from Uc2?

I think the 2 sotories we did get for uncharted 3 were longer stretched out, but not as tough or long and replayable as U2 Adventure.

Message 12 of 20 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 2, 2013
The stories in UC2 were 3 seperate stories. It was fun. What we have is 2 stories that pretty much IS the same story. It's just told on different perspectives.

Even so, it's quite imbalanced. We have 5 chapters for the heroes and one for the villains. I luke that villains get a coop adv, but literally just one chapter?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 13 of 20 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Nov 2, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
The stories in UC2 were 3 seperate stories. It was fun. What we have is 2 stories that pretty much IS the same story. It's just told on different perspectives.

Even so, it's quite imbalanced. We have 5 chapters for the heroes and one for the villains. I luke that villains get a coop adv, but literally just one chapter?

Yeah, the story was ok at best, stretched but ok I guess. I liked the objectiveness and uniqueness of each chapter though.

Monastery added something that was never seen in the Uncharted world before. Fail and you lose.

Playing as Villain was fun and great and hoepfully we get more chapters like that in the future

Message 14 of 20 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 2, 2013
I definitely liked the idea of carrying someone too. That was heavy teamwork.

What I'm hoping to see is maybe 4 stories like Uc2, but in chapters like Uc3. Basically you can continue a story from a chapter or start a new story, all that stuff. The stories can be 2 heroes' and 2 villains'.
Message 15 of 20 (358 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Nov 2, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

What I'm hoping to see is maybe 4 stories like Uc2, but in chapters like Uc3. Basically you can continue a story from a chapter or start a new story, all that stuff. The stories can be 2 heroes' and 2 villains'.

Yup I like this^

I think having "plot hole" stories will be good as well as seeing and playing certain bits we don't see in campaign. In campaign we see everything from Drakes point of view only. For example we could play as Chloe, Flynn and Lazarevic in some chapters, maybe even as Drake, Flynn and Chloe too in their "heist days"

Mix and Match adventures that relate to the orignal sotry will be great

Message 16 of 20 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Nov 2, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Yup I like this^

I think having "plot hole" stories will be good as well as seeing and playing certain bits we don't see in campaign. In campaign we see everything from Drakes point of view only. For example we could play as Chloe, Flynn and Lazarevic in some chapters, maybe even as Drake, Flynn and Chloe too in their "heist days"

Mix and Match adventures that relate to the orignal sotry will be great

Radical idea: maybe use some Golden Abyss-related stuff as a chapter? They could make Dante and Chase playable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 17 of 20 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 2, 2013
I'm all for more stories to go with. I'm not an arena man, y'know. I prefer having a story to tell.
Message 18 of 20 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Nov 3, 2013
Honestly, if there ever is a UC4 multiplayer, ALL maps should be compatible for BOTH co-op and competitive modes! If not at least 90% of maps should be for both kinds of players. The standard maps (pre-free DLC maps) were so bland, dull and got boring very easily. I always play co-op, very rarely playing team deathmatch.

Plus the dry docks map is sweet (only played once since I suck at competitive modes), real shame we can't play co-op in that map (yes I no it's too big for co-op but I don't care, just block off 1/4th of the map and bam! Good size for co-op players).
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.
Message 19 of 20 (313 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 3, 2013
Honestly I wasn't bothered by missing maps. Probably because I only played arena for a short time before I found it dull and went back to stealing the other idol from Zoran lol.
Message 20 of 20 (303 Views)
0 Likes