Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 18 2013
By: Snake-Eater300 I Only Post Everything 1104 posts

Co-op player kills me because of my mask

[ Edited ]
34 replies 521 views Edited Nov 18, 2013

I've seen a lot of bull**** in this game and even in co-op you run into some idiots once in a while, but it usually has a lot less idiots and tryhards than competitive.

Yesterday though, I played with two randoms. We all voted for crushing - all level 75 5th + star. The game starts and before I can even make it out of the building I get killed by my teammate, followed by a message "your character's mask sucks" or something like that. Edit: I used a costum character and the gas mask that has to be unlocked with treasures, no idea what it's called.

It was a french guy, so I answered in french and told him that he must be crazy. He kept on doing stupid things until he - more or less accidentally - killed me a second time and I kicked him.

Really?! People now teamkill you in co-op because they don't like your stats-hat/mask?!

Anyway, nothing special but since the board is almost dead anyway, I thought I'd tell the story :smileytongue:

Have you ever experienced something similar?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 35 (521 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7066 posts

Re: Co-op player kills me because of my mask

Nov 18, 2013

I've heard of alot of ridiculousness inmy time but this one takes the cake. LAWL

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 35 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Nov 18, 2013
LOLZ I'm a quarter French and sometimes French peeps can get rebelious
One time a guy killed me on hard cause he hated my Elena bunny ears
Join my clan TAGC. I play black ops 2, uncharted 3 and FIFA 13.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 35 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

I’ve seen my share of shenanigans…mostly limited to competitive though.  There’s a reason I play mostly coop and then mostly with friends!  Less hassle and aggravation that way. :smileyhappy:

I think I’ve been quite lucky in coop with the randoms I get teamed with…I mostly get players that are clearly either selfish or inexperienced – I can mostly tolerate them (at least I can understand selfishness or “noobishness”)…it’s the deliberate “trolls” that infuriate me on occasion.

Having said that, I think my most memorable example was a player in a coop arena match on Sanctuary – now this guy falls into the selfish category but he was so audacious, that it sticks in my memory.  I can’t recall now whether it was on hard or crushing but during the match, we got a fair number of brutes and for the most part, downed them pretty efficiently such that over the course of 10 rounds, there were plenty of opportunities to pick up a Pak80.  The third player was less experienced and skilled than the “offender” (I’ll call him Chuckles) but at least the third (I’ll call him Earnest) was being a true team player.

In fact, Chuckles was also being a team player (most of the time) so when he pulled his “fast” one, it took me a couple of times before I realized what he was doing (for which, I’m more than a little ashamed that it took me that long).  In the heat of battle, I’m accustomed to occasionally being shot by my teammates…this goes with the territory, in my view.  They revive, you laugh about and move on.  Fair enough.  I’m happy just as long as I get my match completion.

Now, I’m not a power weapon kinda guy but the Pak80 is an exception for me since it has enough ammo to make it worth my while to carry around.  Also, so many people blast away with it and waste it’s potential, sometimes I pick it up just so that more than a couple of kills can be had out of it.  When it comes to most other power weapons though, I’d rather stick with my trusty M9 or AK (or in a pinch the FAL or G-mal)…better a less powerful weapon with SOME ammo than a BFG with NONE.

So there’s a Pak lying there and no one seems all that inclined to pick it up…so I do.  Better to make use of it than let it go to waste, I say.  Not a few seconds later, Chuckles shoots and downs me but runs right over and revives me…but not before picking up the Pak.  My first thought is okay…he mistook me for an enemy (I usually dress in pretty drab clothes) AND the he picked up the Pak80 by mistake before reviving me.  No worries, at least he’s putting it to good use.  Let’s carry on.

A little while later (I think it was actually the same round), Earnest picks up a fresh Pak and if I hadn’t been in the perfect position to observe, I might have missed it.  No sooner does poor Earnest start moving around but Chuckles downs him…who runs right over and revives him but again not before picking up the Pak.  I’m thinking WTH…too much of a coincidence but like a fool, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt…because in all other ways, Chuckles is actually being a pretty good teammate (and in hindsight, maybe this is precisely what he’s counting on to not get kicked if he can’t revive in time).

A couple of rounds later (now beyond the point of no return for me since I want a completion, my cash, XP and treasures, if I can manage it), I bait Chuckles and pick up a Pak.  Hook, line and sinker…sure enough within seconds I’m downed, then revived and big surprise…no longer in possession of the Pak.  Chuckles pulled the same shenanigan on Earnest one more time before we completed the match…so in total, at least 4 times during that match (he may have “victimized” Earnest before his first “fast” one on me).  In none of these instances would the circumstances of the Pak’s availability make me think that anyone deserved it any more than anyone else (if anything the weapon should clearly have gone to Earnest or I) but who knows how Chuckles’ mind works?

Match ended, I collected my cash/XP/treasure, shook my head and left find game.  Then, I messaged Earnest congratulating him on a good game and pointed out that not everyone was a lowlife like Chuckles.  Chuckles, of course, was not worth the effort.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 35 (487 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Nov 18, 2013

Hmmm...upon re-reading, I should make it abundantly clear that the vast majority of randoms I get are good teammates...it's the occasional "aggravating" ones that usually fall into the selfish/inexperienced categories and rarely, "trolls".

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 35 (479 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Nov 18, 2013
One time, I got killed by a co-op random buddy because he felt like dancing near me when I was down.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 35 (458 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 18, 2013

dunc_the_boss wrote:
LOLZ I'm a quarter French and sometimes French peeps can get rebelious
One time a guy killed me on hard cause he hated my Elena bunny ears

Maybe we ran into the same guy. It doesn't happen often that people act like complete idiots in co-op...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 35 (451 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

Hmmm...upon re-reading, I should make it abundantly clear that the vast majority of randoms I get are good teammates...it's the occasional "aggravating" ones that usually fall into the selfish/inexperienced categories and rarely, "trolls".

If I had been you in that long story, maybe I would have chosen the suicide once so he could no longer take the risk of downing you intentionally.

But I guess the "PAK-greed" is still more common than the "mask-hate" :smileytongue:

Makes me feel sad for the newbie in your story though. Poor guy. Most of the time the 75s are less of a teamplayer than the new guys.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 35 (449 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 18, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
One time, I got killed by a co-op random buddy because he felt like dancing near me when I was down.

He was taunting next to you until you died?

Yesterday, a 400+ crushing player stood right next to me and the other teammate while we were down but instead of reviving us he decided to shoot a bunch of enemies with his para. It was round 8 or 9 and of course we died. After that I shot him a few times because that was such a stupid mistake and he should know that. After the match he sends me a message, calling me an idiot. Yeah, right. Most Uncharted players don't seem to be intelligent :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 35 (447 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 18, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

I've heard of alot of ridiculousness inmy time but this one takes the cake. LAWL

It was so strange that I decided to post it. I never had a similar experience before. You get some idiots every now and then who kill you because you got the brute-kill or the PAK or whatever, but this one was beyond that :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 35 (443 Views)
0 Likes