Sackboy
475 posts

Re: Co-op player kills me because of my mask

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

I've seen a lot of bull**** in this game and even in co-op you run into some idiots once in a while, but it usually has a lot less idiots and tryhards than competitive.

Yesterday though, I played with two randoms. We all voted for crushing - all level 75 5th + star. The game starts and before I can even make it out of the building I get killed by my teammate, followed by a message "your character's mask sucks" or something like that. Edit: I used a costum character and the gas mask that has to be unlocked with treasures, no idea what it's called.

It was a french guy, so I answered in french and told him that he must be crazy. He kept on doing stupid things until he - more or less accidentally - killed me a second time and I kicked him.

Really?! People now teamkill you in co-op because they don't like your stats-hat/mask?!

Anyway, nothing special but since the board is almost dead anyway, I thought I'd tell the story Smiley Tongue

Have you ever experienced something similar?

He most likely killed you because he's an idiot.

Run into a few trolls in random coop matches, the kind who usually rushes the hammer and start trying to kill you just because, and sometimes proceed to leave right after.

It still doesn't beat the kind who, because they didn't want to play on crushing, start committing suicide 10 times then quit, only encountered it once or twice so but that's sad. Smiley Indifferent

Message 11 of 35 (6,797 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

lvankov wrote:

He most likely killed you because he's an idiot.

Run into a few trolls in random coop matches, the kind who usually rushes the hammer and start trying to kill you just because, and sometimes proceed to leave right after.

It still doesn't beat the kind who, because they didn't want to play on crushing, start committing suicide 10 times then quit, only encountered it once or twice so but that's sad. Smiley Indifferent

Oh boy, I've seen such an idiot too a long time ago. I told him to "just quit", but he kept killing himself. It's so easy and also so popular ( Smiley Tongue ) to quit in UC3 and yet when someone really should do it, he/she doesn't. Really sad Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 35 (6,794 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Nov 19, 2013

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

It was a french guy, so I answered in french and told him that he must be crazy. He kept on doing stupid things until he - more or less accidentally - killed me a second time and I kicked him.

Really?! People now teamkill you in co-op because they don't like your stats-hat/mask?!

LOL, this is new. The dude must have had a bad day.

That never happened to me though, people usually kill me for no reason, not because of the hat i was wearing.

Message 13 of 35 (6,781 Views)
Wastelander
907 posts

Nov 19, 2013
@captainproduce.
Thats the sadest story i ever heard about co-op bullies, makes me mad to here of this kind of thing goin on, but kudos to you for not rising to that coward, if it were me i'd of payed him back as i take bullies down
Message 14 of 35 (6,768 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
907 posts

Nov 19, 2013
@snake-eater.
The guy who did that must be of a simple mind to down you over a mask, in my oppinion he must of been jelous of you Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 35 (6,767 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013

Jealousy? Never thought of that.

Maybe they can't afford to buy anything from the PSN (even if it's just because they have no credit card) or maybe because you have better stats than they do. Could be the case as well.

Getting killed for no real reason... I could imagine that's indeed happening because people hate you for having better stats, like a great win/loss or a good kdr... or maybe you've defeated them in a competitive mode really bad and they remember your name. Could be anything though.

But as I said, usually co-op is not the place for idiots and trolls. Just a lot of greed and some people confuse "hightest amount of kills/money" with actual skill, not realizing that the ones who always rescue them, don't die, carry the treasure, take out the mini bosses early and so on are the real reason why you make it through easily.

Message 16 of 35 (6,755 Views)
Wastelander
685 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013

@Snake-Eater300and others…

Yeah, coop is my favourite game mode and I have little tolerance for shenanigans/bullies/BS.  If I’d realized earlier what Chuckles was doing, I certainly would have suicided to remove some options/flexibility for him.  Unfortunately, I didn’t clue in until later…then it became a choice of the greater good.  I knew we’d probably finish the match (despite his nonsense) and while I certainly didn’t need the XP/cash, I felt Earnest (I hesitate to call him a newbie because he was doing quite well and being a good teammate) didn’t deserve to be left completely at the mercy of Chuckles.

Many times my choice is more clear-cut…like I get a noob AND selfish player in the same match.  CYA! Leaving that kind of match is a no brainer.  That’s a complete waste of my time...I’d rather play a cooperative match with cooperative (and like-minded) teammates, thank you very much!

I should also make clear that I actually enjoy gaming with less experienced players (as long as it’s clear that they’re trying and willing to learn) and I don’t mind playing on lower difficulties (at this point, it’s about completions for me…I already have more cash than I can spend and I’ve maxed out my rank/legacy).  Most of my coop friends only want to play crushing, so the occasional match on lower difficulties can be relaxing and it’s quite rewarding showing newer players some of the cooperative “ropes”.  A little bit of “Pay it Forward”, as it were. Smiley Happy

>EDIT - For clarity.

Message 17 of 35 (6,741 Views)
Wastelander
907 posts

Nov 19, 2013
@captainproduce
you sound alot like me lol. I like to give them a chance as well, also ive helped mould noob players into good players
Message 18 of 35 (6,728 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 20, 2013
I like playing normal first with randoms I don't know because there's an off-chance they'll kill me.

Hence my preference to normal mode. :/
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 19 of 35 (6,710 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

Nov 20, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I like playing normal first with randoms I don't know because there's an off-chance they'll kill me.

Hence my preference to normal mode. :/

The problem is, except for crushing, nothing seems to be a challenge for me anymore. And even crushing is hardly a challenge with the right teammates. I have most fun in a tough game Smiley Tongue

Message 20 of 35 (6,691 Views)
0 Likes