Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Re: Co-op player kills me because of my mask

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I like playing normal first with randoms I don't know because there's an off-chance they'll kill me.

Hence my preference to normal mode. :/

The problem is, except for crushing, nothing seems to be a challenge for me anymore. And even crushing is hardly a challenge with the right teammates. I have most fun in a tough game :smileytongue:

See, I'm super cool with Crushing. That's cool. I don't really care what difficulity, I just kinda wanted to play not alone.

It's just that there's absolutely no fun factor in getting killed on purpose. You can't even punch the dude's lights out or force-feed him "How Not To Be A **bleep**".

EDIT: The Book title is a link. It's an actual book. I know lots of people who I could gift it to for Christmas, but I don't know their addresses.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 21 of 35 (202 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 20, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I like playing normal first with randoms I don't know because there's an off-chance they'll kill me.

Hence my preference to normal mode. :/

The problem is, except for crushing, nothing seems to be a challenge for me anymore. And even crushing is hardly a challenge with the right teammates. I have most fun in a tough game :smileytongue:

See, I'm super cool with Crushing. That's cool. I don't really care what difficulity, I just kinda wanted to play not alone.

It's just that there's absolutely no fun factor in getting killed on purpose. You can't even punch the dude's lights out or force-feed him "How Not To Be A **bleep**".

EDIT: The Book title is a link. It's an actual book. I know lots of people who I could gift it to for Christmas, but I don't know their addresses.

That's an awesome book :smileylol:

Should be read by at least half of the competitive players in Uncharted 3 :smileytongue:

Good point about not having to take damage from your teammates. Maybe ND could simply get rid of friendly fire for UC4's co-op in all difficulties. It did more harm than good and too many people are clearly too stupid to understand that TeamSafe is a must when they use Clusterbomb as their kickback...

Gotta go. Later :smileywink:

Message 22 of 35 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

I've seen a lot of bull**** in this game and even in co-op you run into some idiots once in a while, but it usually has a lot less idiots and tryhards than competitive.

Yesterday though, I played with two randoms. We all voted for crushing - all level 75 5th + star. The game starts and before I can even make it out of the building I get killed by my teammate, followed by a message "your character's mask sucks" or something like that. Edit: I used a costum character and the gas mask that has to be unlocked with treasures, no idea what it's called.

It was a french guy, so I answered in french and told him that he must be crazy. He kept on doing stupid things until he - more or less accidentally - killed me a second time and I kicked him.

Really?! People now teamkill you in co-op because they don't like your stats-hat/mask?!

Anyway, nothing special but since the board is almost dead anyway, I thought I'd tell the story :smileytongue:

Have you ever experienced something similar?

well, I have some sympathie for the other guy, I mean if I see another nathan drake with that ugly horse head I throw a grenade at him, no matter what :/

Message 23 of 35 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Nov 20, 2013

@Snake-Eater300...

Coop is great with the right teammates but I hear you about the Crushing thing and it being challenging enough.  Now mind you, even with my mates, some of the maps are certainly not a "lock" and even on some of our favourite maps, things can go south pretty quickly.  I’ve played coop since release and I’m convinced that ND regularly updates silently - I mean, what’s with the triple blast from the pistole/sawed-off or the simultaneous melee/blast from a shotgunner?  I don’t recall that happening until about six months ago or earlier this year.  I think all difficulties are harder than at release.

I have two or three distinct groups of coop friends and we’re always looking for “variations” for new challenges…some things we’ve tried:

• Complete all maps on crushing with two people.  We did this a while ago but someone else on forums (I can’t recall who) did it with no lives lost (and also on Old Quarter).  I still find Old Quarter on crushing a crap shoot with some of my most stalwart buddies so with two and with no lives lost is TRULY impressive!
  • Complete all maps on crushing with no lives lost.  Now this we’ve done and fairly recently (including Old Quarter) but there were 3 of us. :smileyhappy:
  • Complete all maps on crushing with only one player allowed to kill enemies in the Gold Rush and Survival rounds (we found it was just TOO much for one person to handle an entire Siege round alone).  We settle on a rotation before the match and as the rounds come up, each player takes their turn being the “designated killer”.  In one instance, I was the last player standing (with no lives left) and had to complete two rounds on my own (even though I wasn’t the designated killer for one of them – that of course, created the exception to our rule of a designated “killer”)…thankfully, it was on Yemen where I seem to have an especially good knack for staying alive!  It was great having my teammates cheer me on and gasp dramatically every time I had a close call. :smileyhappy:
  • Our latest project?  Complete all maps on crushing in under 25 minutes.  I think we’ve finished about half of them.  This almost boils down to “Complete all maps on crushing with no lives lost.” Version 2.0 because if you lose one round, it’s pretty much over and even if you can spread the deaths out a bit, precious seconds are often lost while those still standing concentrate more on surviving than killing.  All in all though…it adds a sense of urgency to the game.  We’re having an awfully good time with this one!
Message 24 of 35 (190 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

well, I have some sympathie for the other guy, I mean if I see another nathan drake with that ugly horse head I throw a grenade at him, no matter what :/

As I said, I used an in-game mask. I don't like all the crazy PSN store masks/hats either and I hardly have any of them at all. Most of the time my stats are "off" anyway.

But in any case, that's no reason to do something as stupid and despicable as this guy did.

Message 25 of 35 (174 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Nov 20, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

@Snake-Eater300...

Coop is great with the right teammates but I hear you about the Crushing thing and it being challenging enough.  Now mind you, even with my mates, some of the maps are certainly not a "lock" and even on some of our favourite maps, things can go south pretty quickly.  I’ve played coop since release and I’m convinced that ND regularly updates silently - I mean, what’s with the triple blast from the pistole/sawed-off or the simultaneous melee/blast from a shotgunner?  I don’t recall that happening until about six months ago or earlier this year.  I think all difficulties are harder than at release.

I have two or three distinct groups of coop friends and we’re always looking for “variations” for new challenges…some things we’ve tried:

• Complete all maps on crushing with two people.  We did this a while ago but someone else on forums (I can’t recall who) did it with no lives lost (and also on Old Quarter).  I still find Old Quarter on crushing a crap shoot with some of my most stalwart buddies so with two and with no lives lost is TRULY impressive!
  • Complete all maps on crushing with no lives lost.  Now this we’ve done and fairly recently (including Old Quarter) but there were 3 of us. :smileyhappy:
  • Complete all maps on crushing with only one player allowed to kill enemies in the Gold Rush and Survival rounds (we found it was just TOO much for one person to handle an entire Siege round alone).  We settle on a rotation before the match and as the rounds come up, each player takes their turn being the “designated killer”.  In one instance, I was the last player standing (with no lives left) and had to complete two rounds on my own (even though I wasn’t the designated killer for one of them – that of course, created the exception to our rule of a designated “killer”)…thankfully, it was on Yemen where I seem to have an especially good knack for staying alive!  It was great having my teammates cheer me on and gasp dramatically every time I had a close call. :smileyhappy:
  • Our latest project?  Complete all maps on crushing in under 25 minutes.  I think we’ve finished about half of them.  This almost boils down to “Complete all maps on crushing with no lives lost.” Version 2.0 because if you lose one round, it’s pretty much over and even if you can spread the deaths out a bit, precious seconds are often lost while those still standing concentrate more on surviving than killing.  All in all though…it adds a sense of urgency to the game.  We’re having an awfully good time with this one!

Making your own challenges is a great thing and I / we did it too. We even managed to get through crushing on a few maps without boosters, power weapons, kickbacks and 0 deaths. Boy that was a thrill every single time (and sometimes even frustrating I admit) :smileytongue:

Old Quarters is a tough one indeed. I guess making it through with just two players is very hard.

And yes, ND seems to increase the difficulty once in a while. More brutes and mini bosses spawn now. Sometimes I see 2-3 brutes on the map (that is when my teammates fail and I have to focus on reviving more than on fighting) :smileytongue:

The shotgun+punch thing is probably lag though. I never get that when I play with people near me.

Some new ideas here, like the "one killer". Maybe I'll try that next time...

Message 26 of 35 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Nov 20, 2013

@Snake-Eater300…

Your post reminded me that we’ve also done booster AND weapon variations:

• Everyone’s boosters and kickbacks are determined randomly before each match.  There were some truly bizarre and useless combinations!  As I recall though, we were using a subset of the whole list.  We talked about doing a no booster/kickback challenge but wimped out (or at least I did). :smileyhappy:  I thought it would be too frustrating.
  • Weapons.  This was actually one of the more challenging and fun ones.  We divvied up the basic long guns and the power weapons (anyone could use any pistol or grenades).  Everyone started with an AK, of course.  If I remember correctly: I think the G-mal /FAL went with the PAK80; the AK with the snipers (Tbolt or Dragon) and the M9 with the explosives (Hammer and RPG).  Or whatever combinations make sense to you.  Before each match, we decided what weapon combination each player was allowed to use and that’s all you were allowed to use for the entire match.  For the first round, only one person could kill until the others picked up one of “their” weapons…sometimes it was several rounds before you could use anything other than a pistol or grenade.  There was an extra “sting” to dying since if your weapon wasn’t the AK, you had to go scrounging again!  You have to consciously think about not picking up weapons that are not “assigned” to you and the fates help you if you ran out of ammo in the late rounds.  We’d laugh our keesters off when someone’s running around like a headless chicken in round 10 screaming, “I can’t find any friggin’ ammo!” :smileyhappy:
Message 27 of 35 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Nov 20, 2013

This talk of coop challenges also reminded me that I haven’t actually completed a duo match of crushing in Old Quarter.  Just completing that (never mind with no deaths) with two people may be an exercise in frustration.  Still, I’ll need to try!  I think it may be hardest arena map but I still loathe Syria, Molten Ruins and Lost City on crushing…a thousand curses upon some of those Siege zones!

Message 28 of 35 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Nov 21, 2013
Ive done old quater on crushing just 2 players, it ok actually
Message 29 of 35 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3555 posts

Nov 21, 2013

Lol, now THAT'S weird! Co-op can have really messed up people, that's for sure. :smileylol:

One pretty common thing that happens in the Arena is that when people go lone wolf during survival rounds and they happen to get downed from miles away and you don't rescue them (Too far away + risky) they get **bleep** and just try to kill you all the time. :smileyindifferent:

No one told you to go on alone, dummy!

Message 30 of 35 (133 Views)
0 Likes