I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Re: Co-op player kills me because of my mask

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

Lol, now THAT'S weird! Co-op can have really messed up people, that's for sure. :smileylol:

One pretty common thing that happens in the Arena is that when people go lone wolf during survival rounds and they happen to get downed from miles away and you don't rescue them (Too far away + risky) they get **bleep** and just try to kill you all the time. :smileyindifferent:

No one told you to go on alone, dummy!

That's because they use cluster bomb, which I now consider to be a bit of a noobish kickback amongst the pros. They lose all their bombs and that's why they're mad. Players in UC3 are often too stupid to realize their own mistakes. Don't want to lose your clusters, stay with the team and of course use teamsafe.

Army of three and Protector are all you need imo. One-shot-kill on every opponent with Ao3, much more health in tough situations with Protector. The cluster bomb just wipes out everyhing in sight - boring - but if you fail to kill the brute with it, you have no sceond chance unless you waste another one, which is 8 medals (16) medals for one brute-kill, or in other words "too much". Not to mention that many clusterbombers seem to think they have to take each chest while their teammates have to fight hard for every medal.

Not saying that using cluster bomb isn't okay though, don't get me wrong. I just think the other choices are better.

Gonna try some of Captain's suggestions soon. Sounds fun!

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 35 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Nov 21, 2013

@Snake-Eater300…

For me, Cluster Bomb is THE “bomb”. :smileyhappy: I use to run with Regeneration/Overstock/Team Medic…because I tend to play more conservatively and found that I was often needed to revive my teammates.  In other words, I didn’t get downed nearly as often as them.

Then, not long after I started playing more crushing, I was introduced to Regeneration/Team Safe/Cluster Bomb.  The great thing about that is that when my teammates go down, I just lob a Cluster on top of or near my downed mate and most of the time it clears out most or all enemies.  Then, in I go and revive (in relative safety) BUT I also get kills PLUS it’s useful in other situations AND it’s stackable! :smileyhappy:  For me, it’s a win, win, win, win.

And while it’s very dependent on being close to your teammates (one area where Team Medic has the advantage), in Crushing, sticking together is pretty much a given.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 35 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3470 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2013

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

Alluboy_ wrote:

Lol, now THAT'S weird! Co-op can have really messed up people, that's for sure. :smileylol:

One pretty common thing that happens in the Arena is that when people go lone wolf during survival rounds and they happen to get downed from miles away and you don't rescue them (Too far away + risky) they get **bleep** and just try to kill you all the time. :smileyindifferent:

No one told you to go on alone, dummy!

Army of three and Protector are all you need imo. One-shot-kill on every opponent with Ao3, much more health in tough situations with Protector. The cluster bomb just wipes out everyhing in sight - boring - but if you fail to kill the brute with it, you have no sceond chance unless you waste another one, which is 8 medals (16) medals for one brute-kill, or in other words "too much". Not to mention that many clusterbombers seem to think they have to take each chest while their teammates have to fight hard for every medal.

And that's the reason I haven't used cluster bomb in months (year?). It's just boring and makes Co-op just too easy (for me). All you have to do is throw one on the ground, hide behind a freaking wall and let the grenades do the job. At least with Ao3 you actually have to do something (aim for example). Even in 2 player Co-op my buddy can easily have +3 clusters at the start of round 10. I might even call the whole kickback OP lol!

I think it's because you can stack it. Grenade kickbacks are the only ones you can stack, which makes it kinda unfair, even though you can always lose 'em if you're not careful.

What's even worse (which you also mentioned) is those selfish clusterbomb users that are going for the chests all the time. I mean come on! You guys already benefit for being able to stack 'em!

Nowadays I use Protector 80% of the time, the last 20% being Team Medic and Ao3.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 35 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Nov 21, 2013

@Alluboy…

Nothing I say is intended to be antagonistic…just my perspective. :smileyhappy:

Fair enough but for me, as primarily a support person, I give up the opportunity to get kills/cash/xp so I don’t feel bad about getting “free” kills as it were.

And while I CAN stack multiple clusters, I rarely do on crushing because I HATE losing them.  So typically, I have one cluster stack with some medals already in play towards my next one.

AoT encourages shooting/aiming?  I’ll concede that…partially.  I’d argue that in my case, I actually have to aim/shoot about the same amount since it takes me more hits to kill enemies (I don’t always have a cluster available).  To me, AoT or Cluster Bomb are different sides of the same coin.  Yeah Cluster gives me some “free” kills but I don’t usually have more than a couple ready.  For me, the cluster is mainly a defensive and weapon of last resort.

I (and my usual coop gaming buddies) may be atypical but the Cluster, like the power weapons, is part of our arsenal to be used against the right enemies or in the appropriate situation.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 35 (107 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2013

It was the same for me. I used Cluster to wipe out a bunch of opponents so I could rescue my teammates without any danger and to kill the brute. When things got tough, it was often an easy way out. There's nothing wrong with this kickback in general and saying it's two sides of the same coin, you definitely have a point.

But after someone showed me what you can do with Ao3 and a different loadout, I never looked back. Three players have the chance to one-shot-kill everyone in sight. I once killed three brutes in one round with just three shots from my sniper. Two were right next to each other and I killed them inbetween a few seconds. That's so many chances to kill the brute and you don't even need too many medals/chests for that. You can also use grenades any time, unlike the cluster...

In the end, both cluster and Ao3 will get you through the game. Having a Protector or Team Medic as a third kickback never hurts either :smileytongue:

Actually, I played with three protectors a few times and it worked great too.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 35 (85 Views)
0 Likes