Feb 16 2013
By: DrakeShepard Uncharted Territory 1160 posts

Community World Championship - The Top 5 Winners

[ Edited ]
144 replies 3665 views Edited Mar 17, 2013

uc3wc.png

You asked for it, you wanted to be in it and now you're gonna get it! You've seen B2K Summer Olympics and my Winter Olympics, and now the community will have their own to participate in! It’s bigger than ever!

We will have sign-ups for each event so you can choose which one you would like to participate in. It could be one event or all events. Some events will require just you, some will need a buddy and others will require a team.

The WC will commence on 9th March until 24th March at weekends, so make sure you are available.

The top 5 winners of the overall World Championship will be given special RARE in-game prizes (Check link prizes HERE ). In order to win the overall events, you must get the highest number of points as you can. In each event, whatever place you come in will be counted towards your overall points. The more events you do, the higher the chance and points you'll get for prizes. So make sure you're in as many as you can in order to win!

The points system will follow as:

1st Place = 10 points

2nd Place = 8 points

3rd Place = 6 points

4th Place = 4 points

5th & Lower = 2 points

The events are as followed:

Spoiler

The Race

This will take place in YEMEN. Watch the video to see the racing track route.

Required: Just you

Swimming

This will take place in GRAVEYARD. Watch the video to see the racing track route.

Required: Just you & DLC

Turtle Race

This will take place in MOLTEN RUINS. Watch the video to see the racing track route.

Relay

This will take place in SANCTUARY. Watch the video to see the racing track route.

Required: You and a Buddy & DLC

Swimming Relay

This will take place in GRAVEYARD. Watch the video to see the racing track route.

Required: You and a Buddy & DLC

Beam

This will take place in LONDON UNDERGROUND. Competitors will start where the 'S' is marked on picture. On the sound of the gunshot, they will climb up, run across the beam, touch the wall and run back to the other side to finish. Must be done as fast as possible.

Beam.png

Shooting

This will take place in YEMEN. The shooter must stand in the turret area marked 'S' on map. They must shoot the targets that will come down the zipline. One shot per target.

Shooting.png

Plunder Football

This will take place in SYRIA. Two teams will fight each other with fist only and score as many idols as they can within the time limit.

Uncharted-3-Wallpaper-720p-Syria-022.jpg

Required: A team of 4 players

Water Polo

This will take place in OLD QUARTER. Two teams will fight in the water in this map with fist only. First 20 kills wins.

uncharted_3_dlc_map_old_quarter_5.jpg

Required: A team of 4 & DLC

Those are the events for the World Championship. If you want to sign-up make sure you read the 'required' and that you are able to do it. There will be 2 weekends of the first round. The winners of each round will be automatically be in the Finals on the third weekend. Our fixed time for these events will be 9PM GMT. However, this time may change for the Plunder Football and Water Polo in order to suit the teams playing.

RULES:

Unfortunately everything comes with rules.

Races and Relays:

• You are not allowed in any way to harm another player while racing. (Shooting, punching, grenading etc.)
  • You must stick to the given route of the race, no cutting across the map.
  • When in turtle race, you must keep riot shield in front of you at all times during the race.
  • In Relay, you must high-five your buddy in order to complete the race.
  • In Relay, if you are waiting for a buddy to come, you are not allowed to interfere with the other competitors e.g. block or stand in the way of another team's high five.

Beam:

• Players watching a competitor competing are not allowed to interact with them in any way.
  • If you fall 3 times then you are disqualified from the event.
  • If you fall, whether at the start or towards the end, you must start over from beginning.

Shooting:

• If you are a target, you cannot interfere with the shooter in any way.
  • You can only shoot at a target once. Second shot with same target does not count.

Plunder Football & Water Polo:

• This is a fist only event. You are not allowed to damage or kill an opponent with a gun or grenade.
  • If you do however, damage or kill your opponent with a weapon (excluding the idol) the other team will get a free score/free kill depending on the event.
  • When you are finished the match, the winning team MUST send a cinema to the referee

General Rules:

• All respect must be shown to both the other competitors and referees,no trash-talking, this is a friendly environment. Failure to do so will be removed from the competition.
  • If you have a complaint, please give a constructive criticism and a reasonable complaint
  • You must show up 15 minutes before the due time. If you are more than 10 minutes late after the due time, you will be removed if no notification is given.
  • ALT accounts are forbidden and pointless in an event such as this.
  • Any form of cheating will be banned.
  • No boosters or kickbacks are allowed in any event and stat items will be off

The closing date for sign-ups will take place on 1st March

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS

1ST PLACE (70 POINTS): Shrantellatessa

2ND PLACE (68 POINTS): munnsy1

3RD PLACE (54 POINTS): smas16

4TH PLACE (46 POINTS): Tactician109

5TH PLACE (44 POINTS): RyanRGR & pumas1009

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 145 (3,665 Views)
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Re: Community World Championship - Sign-ups OPEN

Feb 16, 2013

FIRST! :smileyvery-happy:

Looks promising! Good luck to you and to anyone who will be participating :smileywink:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 145 (3,644 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2836 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Why not?

-----------------
FaceBook: Psyber Kayos
The best FB groups for our communities. Join us!:

The Uncharted Community FaceBook Group (4000+!)

The Last of Us Community FaceBook Group (12,000+!)

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 145 (3,641 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Feb 16, 2013
Looks fun. What times would we be doing this stuff? I would like to try but I'm only available from 8pm-12am est
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 145 (3,624 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Feb 16, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
Looks fun. What times would we be doing this stuff? I would like to try but I'm only available from 8pm-12am est

Scheduling to be predetermimed.

Good luck to all that are participating!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 145 (3,618 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1160 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

9PM GMT but for team events it may vary

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 145 (3,616 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2586 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

So, what if you don't have one of the DLC packs required?

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 145 (3,544 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13069 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Good luck with this.

Are there going to be commentators again? and I think all these people being involved means there should be quite a few helping with this right?

I can help with it if there isn't really enough people. I can't however play around that time, Tomb Raider is due out near that date :smileysad: :smileyhappy: ? Don't know which smiley to use...

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 145 (3,542 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

So, what if you don't have one of the DLC packs required?

If you don't have the DLC map required for that event you can choose to do a different event.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 145 (3,533 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1160 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Good luck with this.

Are there going to be commentators again? and I think all these people being involved means there should be quite a few helping with this right?

I can help with it if there isn't really enough people. I can't however play around that time, Tomb Raider is due out near that date :smileysad: :smileyhappy: ? Don't know which smiley to use...

Well I'm not going to be involved with any YouTube thing this time...if people wish to do so then by all means let them do it. This will take place during weekends so I'm sure you'll be able to slot in a free time :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 145 (3,428 Views)
0 Likes