Treasure Hunter
5143 posts

Re: Community World Championship - TIMETABLE IS UP

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

DrakeShepard wrote:

munnsy I understand your frustration about this, but looking from the refs point of view, asking him questions when he's trying to organise an event and keep everything under control may not be the best idea in the world. Also can I ask why would you ask taking a particular shortcut when you've seen the video in the OP of the correct route, it doesn't change. BUT I wouldn't be so worried about the points as you have quite a head start then most competitors in the overall competition...all will be revealed after team events tomorrow

He said if anyone has any questions ask me or message me (so I asked him).

The referee also said aslong as it is similiar to the route in the video it is ok, but just to make sure I asked.

Those six points lost by this could easily make a difference to the final standings.

I think I said that yes but I meant as in as long as you stick to the route on the video it's fine but shortcuts like that weren't ok.

I had multiple people talking at me at once so I wasn't exactly sure what you meant by shelf when you asked me the question and I was focusing on getting people to go the correct route.

Message 101 of 145 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Mar 17, 2013

tack129 wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

DrakeShepard wrote:

munnsy I understand your frustration about this, but looking from the refs point of view, asking him questions when he's trying to organise an event and keep everything under control may not be the best idea in the world. Also can I ask why would you ask taking a particular shortcut when you've seen the video in the OP of the correct route, it doesn't change. BUT I wouldn't be so worried about the points as you have quite a head start then most competitors in the overall competition...all will be revealed after team events tomorrow

The referee also said aslong as it is similiar to the route in the video it is ok, but just to make sure I asked.

Those six points lost by this could easily make a difference to the final standings.

I think I said that yes but I meant as in as long as you stick to the route on the video it's fine but shortcuts like that weren't ok.

I had multiple people talking at me at once so I wasn't exactly sure what you meant by shelf.

Well it was my understanding that as I showed you and asked if it was ok and you said it was, that I was ok to do it.

On top of that it did not impact on the result.

Message 102 of 145 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5143 posts

Mar 17, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

tack129 wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

DrakeShepard wrote:

I had multiple people talking at me at once so I wasn't exactly sure what you meant by shelf.

Well it was my understanding that as I showed you and asked if it was ok and you said it was, that I was ok to do it.

On top of that it did not impact on the result.

I think I'll blame a failure in communication in that retrospective as I did not see what you meant by shelf when you tried to explain it.

I said as long as it sticks to the original route presented in the video it's fine. The shortcut wasn't fine.

I should have said "It's best just to stick to the route presented in the video as much as possible, if you are unsure of a route or shortcut, don't take it"

Message 103 of 145 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I think I'll blame a failure in communication in that retrospective as I did not see what you meant by shelf when you tried to explain it.

I said as long as it sticks to the original route presented in the video it's fine. The shortcut wasn't fine.

I should have said "It's best just to stick to the route presented in the video as much as possible, if you are unsure of a route or shortcut, don't take it"

That is all well and good, but six points have been effectively lost over this, is there anything I can do to redeem the lost points?

Message 104 of 145 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1170 posts

Mar 17, 2013
munnsy when this is over you're going to be laughing at this conversation, you really don't need to worry.
Message 105 of 145 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5143 posts

Mar 17, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

That is all well and good, but six points have been effectively lost over this, is there anything I can do to redeem the lost points?

Kick the other teams **bleep** on plunder and water polo. That's all I can suggest I'm afraid.

Message 106 of 145 (170 Views)
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Mar 17, 2013

tack129 wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

Kick the other teams **bleep** on plunder and water polo. That's all I can suggest I'm afraid.

But assuming X-0 results from now on, that still may not make up the six points, can you see my point? No pun intended.

Message 107 of 145 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Mar 17, 2013

DrakeShepard wrote:
munnsy when this is over you're going to be laughing at this conversation, you really don't need to worry.

Well if I can make the top 5 cut at a handicap of six points then yes, I will. Until then, no.

Message 108 of 145 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5143 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

DrakeShepard wrote:

Well if I can make the top 5 cut at a handicap of six points then yes, I will. Until then, no.

Don't worry about it too much. You'll be fine.

Message 109 of 145 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Mar 17, 2013

tack129 wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

DrakeShepard wrote:

Well if I can make the top 5 10 cut at a handicap of six points then yes, I will. Until then, no.

Corrected

You need to be in the top 10.

The top 5 winners of the overall World Championship will be given special RARE in-game prizes
 ?

Message 110 of 145 (153 Views)
0 Likes