Jul 24 2013
By: CaptainProduce67 Wastelander 679 posts

Coop Arena Variation.

1 replies 193 views Edited Jul 24, 2013

Thanks go out to my very good friend Mirahh for coming up with this variation (we found it fun) for coop Arena:

-Find yourself a random number generator online or whatever method you want to pick random numbers.  Whatever method you choose, you may need to generate a random number up to 16.

-For each player’s loadout, randomly determine your first booster, second booster and kickback.

-Randomly determine the map on which you’ll play. 

-Start a custom match on the randomly determined map.

For us:

-We turned Hat stats off for a bit of an extra challenge.

-Played on Hard (we usually play on Crushing) just to see how it would go.

-“None” was not an option for the boosters or kickback.  Our rationale was that it would be more fun to have a booster or kickback that you don’t want or consider useless than to have none at all.

-We didn’t randomize our weapons.  We didn’t even discuss that…I guess because it would only really affect the beginning of the match (when it’s easiest anyway) since you inevitably have to pick up other weapons along the way.

-We changed up our loadouts before each match.

-We cut the possible kickbacks to five (the ones that we considered the least useful):  Sniper, Riot Shield, Shottie, Juggernaut and Carpet Bomb.

Message 1 of 2 (193 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Re: Coop Arena Variation.

Jul 24, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

Thanks go out to my very good friend Mirahh for coming up with this variation (we found it fun) for coop Arena:

-Find yourself a random number generator online or whatever method you want to pick random numbers.  Whatever method you choose, you may need to generate a random number up to 16.

-For each player’s loadout, randomly determine your first booster, second booster and kickback.

-Randomly determine the map on which you’ll play. 

-Start a custom match on the randomly determined map.

For us:

-We turned Hat stats off for a bit of an extra challenge.

-Played on Hard (we usually play on Crushing) just to see how it would go.

-“None” was not an option for the boosters or kickback.  Our rationale was that it would be more fun to have a booster or kickback that you don’t want or consider useless than to have none at all.

-We didn’t randomize our weapons.  We didn’t even discuss that…I guess because it would only really affect the beginning of the match (when it’s easiest anyway) since you inevitably have to pick up other weapons along the way.

-We changed up our loadouts before each match.

-We cut the possible kickbacks to five (the ones that we considered the least useful):  Sniper, Riot Shield, Shottie, Juggernaut and Carpet Bomb.

So you randomly choose your own kickbacks and all... that's a bit like my shuffle tournament but co-op. You should host a competition with these kinds of rules somehow!

Bang Bang!

Message 2 of 2 (183 Views)
0 Likes