Dec 09 2013
By: mix345 First Son 14 posts

Cooperative treasures

30 replies 347 views Edited Dec 9, 2013
November 1, 2011

December 8, 2013

Ive been playing this game since 1. Too this day December 13, 2013 I have not gotten all the treasures for coop modes. Countless hours trying every and any method to get these treasures, from boosting in hunter arena to playing offline with a 2nd control splitscreen all by myself, with no luck. I've come to hate this game and haven't given up because I've already wasted so much time and I don't want it to feel like a complete waste, don't know my total play time due to your screwed up leaderboards. I've played every rare treasure week. All I ask is that you take this in consideration.

Rare treasure week forever
Booster for treasures like in competitive
Treasures In chests in coop arena just like hunter arena
Sell the treasures on ps store
Not allowing someone to receive duplicate treasures in 1 game (round 1-10) of arena

Simple
Message 1 of 31 (347 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Re: Cooperative treasures

Dec 9, 2013

".drops are completely random, their rewards only reflect patience and an abundance of lost time, not skill."

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/02/16/uncharted-3s-cursed-treasure-system/

Message 2 of 31 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Dec 9, 2013
I only need the jade seal from the lost seals then thats all co-op treasures
Message 3 of 31 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Dec 9, 2013

yep, the treasure system for co-op is **bleep**ed up, you are no where near the first person to complain about it, but you are most likely not the last ... they will not change it on uncharted 3 at all at this point, only hope is that they make it better in their ps4 game

Message 4 of 31 (313 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 9, 2013

I don't need them to overhaul the system, but there's got to be things they can do via LiveUpdate to make this something less than completely ridiculous.

If the situation is going to keep driving people to do boosted Hunter Arena, then how about turning on treasures in custom Hunter Arena matches?

Or would you rather something that actually kept people in public matches? Then, how about an experiment, Naughty Dog -- a real "Rare Treasure Weekend" where you turn off all the Coop Arena treasures other than the last one in each set? Just to try it out to see what happens. If it's a disaster, back to normal. If it's a success, do it one or two weekends a month.

Treasures in Coop Arena chests has merit, too. So does no duplicates, but I imagine that would be harder to implement.

But do something. I'm sick of getting my hopes up over a "Rare Treasure Drop Holiday Event", just to pick up the same 15 or so treasures over and over again. Six drops in one match is great -- but when four of them are the exact same treasure, what's the point of a special event? I'd rather have two drops and a halfway decent chance of getting something I need.

Message 5 of 31 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Dec 10, 2013

AG71Systems wrote:

I don't need them to overhaul the system, but there's got to be things they can do via LiveUpdate to make this something less than completely ridiculous.

If the situation is going to keep driving people to do boosted Hunter Arena, then how about turning on treasures in custom Hunter Arena matches?

Or would you rather something that actually kept people in public matches? Then, how about an experiment, Naughty Dog -- a real "Rare Treasure Weekend" where you turn off all the Coop Arena treasures other than the last one in each set? Just to try it out to see what happens. If it's a disaster, back to normal. If it's a success, do it one or two weekends a month.

Treasures in Coop Arena chests has merit, too. So does no duplicates, but I imagine that would be harder to implement.

But do something. I'm sick of getting my hopes up over a "Rare Treasure Drop Holiday Event", just to pick up the same 15 or so treasures over and over again. Six drops in one match is great -- but when four of them are the exact same treasure, what's the point of a special event? I'd rather have two drops and a halfway decent chance of getting something I need.

we don't know how they set up their system so altering it even slightly could drastically mess up something else in the game, especially this far after it's initial release it's extremely risky ... some friendly advise is to just give up on collecting treasures in co-op it really isn't worth the pain, you can just buy the item in the ps store if you desperately want it, the trophy or just the feeling of collecting all of them is not worth it

Message 6 of 31 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11241 posts

Dec 10, 2013

mix345 wrote:
November 1, 2011

December 8, 2013

Ive been playing this game since 1. Too this day December 13, 2013 I have not gotten all the treasures for coop modes. Countless hours trying every and any method to get these treasures, from boosting in hunter arena to playing offline with a 2nd control splitscreen all by myself, with no luck. I've come to hate this game and haven't given up because I've already wasted so much time and I don't want it to feel like a complete waste, don't know my total play time due to your screwed up leaderboards. I've played every rare treasure week. All I ask is that you take this in consideration.

Rare treasure week forever
Booster for treasures like in competitive
Treasures In chests in coop arena just like hunter arena
Sell the treasures on ps store
Not allowing someone to receive duplicate treasures in 1 game (round 1-10) of arena

Simple

Agreed 100%.

Been playing this game since it came out and i still need three treasures.

Message 7 of 31 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10201 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2013

I still have missing items, yeah. Honestly with Golden Abyss doing the "trade treasures you have for other treasures", I thought we can do that. I mean, imagine. If we also include duplicates, not only do we not get mad about duplicate **bleep**, we also help each other with treasures. Two birds, one goddamn stone.

EDIT: I used a swear word I know should have been filtered like before, but it didn't. Did it myself.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 8 of 31 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13841 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2013

I still think they should GIVE everyone the treasures.

As an apology for making us waste time.

See, co-op isn't fun now. ND made it not fun.

I love ND but.. This decision was awful.

Message 9 of 31 (256 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Dec 10, 2013
I agree that the Arena chests should be the same as the Hunter ones. That would help a bit. I also agree with and think that treasures should be available in custom Hunter games. I understand not being able to complete trophies in a custom game and that's fine. But if the treasure system is random and there aren't rare treasures in Arena, that leaves very few solutions. Bc if something isn't technically broken, you can't fix it. Even if it appears broken. But you can open up other doors to try to alleviate the issues it's causing anyway.
Message 10 of 31 (253 Views)
0 Likes