Absolutely agree with you natiom04 Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 31 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Re: Cooperative treasures

Dec 10, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I still think they should GIVE everyone the treasures.

As an apology for making us waste time.

See, co-op isn't fun now. ND made it not fun.

I love ND but.. This decision was awful.

I'd die happy if this happened, at least co-op treasures, one can dream! Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 31 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 10, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I think co-op is still fun, but yeah. This can work too. I mean, they're ditching the game anyway, what's the worst that could happen?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 13 of 31 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Dec 10, 2013
I got about 95% of my rare treasures from Hunter Arena, my last one dropped during the very first rare drop weekend. It's the only way to get them, good thing I have always enjoyed playing the mode.

I personally felt I got better drops when I captured as many idols as I could, but sadly this isn't possible these days, capture one idol quickly, and the other team will rage quit because they have a low self esteem.

I've also found if you kill an enemy with a "Capture Wave"(?), and they drop a treasure, it's usually a rare one.

I wish people would realize Hunter Arena isn't your standard TDM/Plunder, it's a race against the clock, both sides are going to be murdered in cold blood while playing as a villain, your goal isn't to kill the heroes (if you do, that's a plus) it's to slow them down as much as possible to stop them from winning. I can offer tips and tricks if anyone is interested, this mode is actually surprisingly fun when played properly, but sadly it's ruined by no late joins and stupid players.
Pepsi
Message 14 of 31 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Dec 10, 2013

EWWWW Hunter Arena has cooties!

Message 15 of 31 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Dec 10, 2013

@mix345…

>Rare treasure week forever

We already have a permanent increase in the drop rate since patch 1.18.  With the latest Rare Treasure event, I’m convinced the drop rate increase for the patch is not as great as that for this particular Rare Treasure event.  Either they’ve significantly increased the rate for this event or I’ve just been unlucky in all the previous ones.  I’ve gotten plenty of needed competitive treasures during previous events but I can’t recall any events (including this latest one) during which I got any of the coop treasures I needed and I’ve never gotten any treasures I needed in Hunter Arena.  Increasing the drop rate helps a little but it doesn’t address the fundamental issue of rare treasures…it only increases the drop rate for all treasures.

To put it in perspective, I’ve been collecting data on coop arena treasures for about 4 months now.  In that time, I’ve picked up just over 1000 treasures.  I picked up about 100 treasures during this event (I wasn’t able to play that much) and 6 of those were rare.  This is about par for the course in terms of rare treasures but awfully good for the total treasure drops - about 10% of my total treasure drops have come in the last 3 or 4 days out of 4 months.

>Booster for treasures like in competitive
>Treasures In chests in coop arena just like hunter arena

Yes!  At the very least, something like this for the next game.  I don’t know if the treasure drop algorithm is essentially the same in coop and comp but if it is, then one potential differentiator is the competitive Treasure Hunter booster.  Conservatively, I estimate that I’ve played about 4 times as many coop arena matches than competitive matches (in ALL modes).  There are about 120 competitive treasures (versus 67 for coop arena) and yet, I am missing one coop treasure and one comp treasure.  It makes no sense.

>Sell the treasures on ps store

I’d support this but only for unlocking accessories/weapons…for the Antiquity and Artifact set related trophies, it would set a dangerous precedent (essentially, selling trophies).

>Not allowing someone to receive duplicate treasures in 1 game (round 1-10) of arena

Every little bit helps but I think this would have an effect similar to increasing the overall drop rate.   For the next Uncharted (and provided there is a treasure system in that one), I hope ND modifies the current one (or creates a new one) that rewards perseverance rather than being an exercise in futility (seemingly).

Message 16 of 31 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14379 posts

Dec 10, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I think co-op is still fun, but yeah. This can work too. I mean, they're ditching the game anyway, what's the worst that could happen?

The worst is we'll all be running around with varied characters improving the overall look of the game making it feel like a more fresh experience.

Wait.. That's a positive.

Yeah. Only good things could happen from it, sure a few who got them all the hard way would cry, but who cares, they wasted their time. Not my problem. They shouldn't even be taken seriously since they didn't take their own time or life seriously.

Message 17 of 31 (299 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Dec 10, 2013
I don't want ND to just give us the treasures or allow us to buy them. The point is to hunt for them. Yes, some people actually want particular items unlocked. But it seems the majority of the hardcore players are just looking to complete what they've started. It would almost be insulting to the players who have been at this for 2 years or more to be given the last treasures. After all that work and hunting, they don't even get to complete the sets themselves.

I support there being improvements made to the system which makes the hunting process more effective. But I would also like to be able to find these last ones on my own.
Message 18 of 31 (282 Views)
Wastelander
685 posts

Dec 10, 2013

@nationm04...

^Exactly!

Message 19 of 31 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14379 posts

Dec 10, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
I don't want ND to just give us the treasures or allow us to buy them. The point is to hunt for them. Yes, some people actually want particular items unlocked. But it seems the majority of the hardcore players are just looking to complete what they've started. It would almost be insulting to the players who have been at this for 2 years or more to be given the last treasures. After all that work and hunting, they don't even get to complete the sets themselves.

I support there being improvements made to the system which makes the hunting process more effective. But I would also like to be able to find these last ones on my own.

You can't hunt for what simply does not exist.

Message 20 of 31 (274 Views)
0 Likes