Highlighted
Sep 19 2012
By: JD-- Fender Bender 2290 posts

Crushing+

[ Edited ]
190 replies 1365 views Edited Sep 21, 2012

Hey guys, I have a question - are you ever playing on Co-Op Arena on Crushing difficulty and then think: "This is pretty easy." Well, I sure do - and my idea is to have an even more difficult mode, Crushing+.

It would be significantly more difficult and for Co-Op veterans especially. It would be, essentially, the same thing as arena just with some changes to adhere to up the difficulty. These changes would be:

• Exclude "Guards" or Unarmored Enemies.
  • Remove Chokers, only Armored Chokers.
  • Contain only Armored enemies, Kickback enemies, and PAK-80 men.
  • Up the survival enemy count to 50.
  • Siege count to 30-35 enemies.
  • Gold Rush would be 4 or 5 captures.
  • PAK-80 men would spawn as early as round 2 and have up to 5 on the battlefield at once.
  • Add in the M-32 Hammer Kickback and the Mega Bomb kickback enemies.
  • Add Helicopters, Fort Trucks (maybe), and MAYBE Djinn Shade Survival enemies in the later rounds.
  • Money values would be double more than Crushing: Armored enemies and Kickback enemies would be $800 and PAK-80 brutes would be $4,000.
  • Have separate leaderboard for amount of Crushing+ completions.

That's all I can think of right now - but, I feel Co-Op Arena on Crushing isn't giving me the full Crushing experience. So, I wanna push it, and make even the true veterans of Co-Op "scared" again. Smiley Very Happy

AliMakaveli's Suggestion:

I would prefer this, HOWEVER!! there defo needs to a system put in place where if a player puts in more than 3 shots on an enemy then they get the same assist cash (Foxhounds idea) this will be the icing on the cake.

You may ask why (if you haven't read Foxhounds thread) it's purely becuase we are working and taking the enemy down as a team!!, so this will save team killing for power weapons as it wont matter how take the enemy down and you will get exact points/cash and also encourage team work.

What do you guys think, am I crazy or what? Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 191 (1,365 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Crushing+

Sep 19, 2012

JD-- wrote:

Hey guys, I have a question - are you ever playing on Co-Op Arena on Crushing difficulty and then think: "This is pretty easy." Well, I sure do - and my idea is to have an even more difficult mode, Crushing+.

It would be significantly more difficult and for Co-Op veterans especially. It would be, essentially, the same thing as arena just with some changes to adhere to up the difficulty. These changes would be:

• Exclude "Guards" or Unarmored Enemies.
  • Remove Chokers, only Armored Chokers.
  • Contain only Armored enemies, Kickback enemies, and PAK-80 men.
  • Up the survival enemy count to 50.
  • Siege count to 30-35 enemies.
  • Gold Rush would be 4 or 5 captures.
  • PAK-80 men would spawn as early as round 2 and have up to 5 on the battlefield at once.
  • Add in the M-32 Hammer Kickback and the Mega Bomb kickback enemies.
  • Add Helicopters, Fort Trucks (maybe), and MAYBE Djinn Shade Survival enemies in the later rounds.
  • Money values would be double more than Crushing: Armored enemies and Kickback enemies would be $800 and PAK-80 brutes would be $4,000.
  • Have separate leaderboard for amount of Crushing+ completions.

That's all I can think of right now - but, I feel Co-Op Arena on Crushing isn't giving me the full Crushing experience. So, I wanna push it, and make even the true veterans of Co-Op "scared" again. Smiley Very Happy

What do you guys think, am I crazy or what? Smiley Tongue

That's actually pretty good. I never survived Round 10 of any crushing game before. No matter how good my team was, and even if we came out with our 10 lives intact, getting surrounded by 2 brutes at once seemed too much.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 2 of 191 (1,359 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Sep 19, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
That's actually pretty good. I never survived Round 10 of any crushing game before. No matter how good my team was, and even if we came out with our 10 lives intact, getting surrounded by 2 brutes at once seemed too much.

You, my friend, need to come play some Arena with me. I'll get ya through it, bud. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 191 (1,355 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 19, 2012

JD-- wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

You, my friend, need to come play some Arena with me. I'll get ya through it, bud. Smiley Very Happy

Alrighty. I still recall the longest Arena Round 10 crushing I have. It's basically two other guys telling me to get out of my spot from the green tank tower in Museum, 2 brutes on the ground floor right blow me, some dude that keeps throwing grenades, no long gun at all and a Para 9 running on half ammo.

It would have turned out great, if they both didn't quit because they got bored. :l

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 191 (1,352 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Sep 19, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

JD-- wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Alrighty. I still recall the longest Arena Round 10 crushing I have. It's basically two other guys telling me to get out of my spot from the green tank tower in Museum, 2 brutes on the ground floor right blow me, some dude that keeps throwing grenades, no long gun at all and a Para 9 running on half ammo.

It would have turned out great, if they both didn't quit because they got bored. :l

Lol, sounds like hell. Some people don't understand it takes time to get through those high rounds. Don't go all rambo and what not - because that won't get you anywhere but 6 feet under. Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 191 (1,346 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 19, 2012

JD-- wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

JD-- wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Lol, sounds like hell. Some people don't understand it takes time to get through those high rounds. Don't go all rambo and what not - because that won't get you anywhere but 6 feet under. Smiley Tongue

I can't really go Rambo. Ever since I tried to play singleplayer, it's either I can melee them or I cower in fear behind cover. :l

Message 6 of 191 (1,333 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Sep 19, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

JD-- wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

JD-- wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I can't really go Rambo. Ever since I tried to play singleplayer, it's either I can melee them or I cower in fear behind cover. :l

Lol, shoot me a friend request, man - I'll teach ya how to play co-op effectively. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 191 (1,327 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Sep 19, 2012

i play co-op all the time, i have 11 crushings completed (because i do splitscreen 2 player hard a lot) but to me that is TOO hard, i would NEVER beat that, i'm not sure many people would...... unless they had a good teamate like you Smiley Very Happy

I'm always here on the forums... but i rarely post Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 191 (1,314 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Sep 19, 2012

I have completed arena crushing 7 times. 3 times on Lost City, twice on Village, once on Museum, and once on Molten Ruins. I would have more completed but sadly I always get siege on round 10 and its not pretty when you are forced into corners by 2 PAK brutes and countless armored guys. Overall I would want siege zones to be better. Or at least the enemy spawns to be better. But veteran gods would say that I just suck... well I am not terrible. I just have derpy teammates. But JD your ideas never really dissapoint. And this one lives up to that. I would not mind having this

Message 9 of 191 (1,299 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Sep 19, 2012
I've played coop with you before Smiley Very Happy
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 10 of 191 (1,297 Views)
0 Likes