Reply
Nov 20 2013
By: bigpretty23 PlayStation MVP 289 posts
Offline

Current Match making

11 replies 334 views Edited Nov 20, 2013

I know they tweaked the match making yet again, bu this time it seems to be for the worse. I also remember that it was said that it may take a little longer to find games, especially during non peak hours (whenever that is). Unless that many people are just not playing the game in the last say week or so, then something is really up. I haven't been able to find an elimination match since I think Saturday or Sunday. One night I actually feel asleep waiting to find a match, lol. Last night a friend and I tried for nearly 30 minutes to find a match and just gave up.

 

Even with TDM, it is taking longer and longer to find a match. I live in the USA, so I wouldn't think it would be a problem finding players. Is anyone else experiencing these issues, or am I just the only one?

Message 1 of 12 (334 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/21/2011
Offline
102 posts
 

Re: Current Match making

Nov 20, 2013
Sometimes, but lately it likes to find 4 free to plays and pit me against 5 Vets. This has been CONSTANT .--. I've even gotten into arguments about me "sucking" because I went 20-8 on a party and lost 50-30..but that's another story lol.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 12 (325 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/24/2004
Offline
289 posts
 

Re: Current Match making

Nov 20, 2013

J9Power4 wrote:
Sometimes, but lately it likes to find 4 free to plays and pit me against 5 Vets. This has been CONSTANT .--. I've even gotten into arguments about me "sucking" because I went 20-8 on a party and lost 50-30..but that's another story lol.

Well that is because you are so boss level. The matchmaking logic see's your ID and says, "J9 needs no help, he is a man amongst boys!"

Message 3 of 12 (314 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10201 posts
 

Re: Current Match making

Nov 20, 2013

bigpretty23 wrote:

J9Power4 wrote:
Sometimes, but lately it likes to find 4 free to plays and pit me against 5 Vets. This has been CONSTANT .--. I've even gotten into arguments about me "sucking" because I went 20-8 on a party and lost 50-30..but that's another story lol.

Well that is because you are so boss level. The matchmaking logic see's your ID and says, "J9 needs no help, he is a man amongst boys!"


Meanwhile, my playing account (TeammateAssist) gives everyone the impression that I should be able to cover them 24/7, including the times when they do something stupid. Which is you know, all the time, due to F2P players.

 

I mean yes, I'm covering you, but really, did you just charge a group with your goddamn GMAL and blindfired? Man.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 4 of 12 (307 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
2760 posts
 

Re: Current Match making

Nov 20, 2013

That's strange I played in a PO5 two nights ago & we found players in both Elimination & Classic in under 1 minute. 

Message 5 of 12 (306 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/24/2004
Offline
289 posts
 

Re: Current Match making

Nov 20, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

That's strange I played in a PO5 two nights ago & we found players in both Elimination & Classic in under 1 minute. 


Wow, that must be nice. I used to not have a problem at all. Especially if we turned the DLC off, we would be in elimination for hours with no issues. Sadly the last few nights I have been unable to find a game, and even TDM is not finding games as fast as usual.

Message 6 of 12 (301 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
2760 posts
 

Re: Current Match making

Nov 20, 2013

bigpretty23 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

That's strange I played in a PO5 two nights ago & we found players in both Elimination & Classic in under 1 minute. 


Wow, that must be nice. I used to not have a problem at all. Especially if we turned the DLC off, we would be in elimination for hours with no issues. Sadly the last few nights I have been unable to find a game, and even TDM is not finding games as fast as usual.



Maybe it's your connection? (Not saying it's bad as i've never seen you lag)

But I remember a member here once saying the type of connection you have can affect how easy you find games.

Maybe you should play with us more when you're on. Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 12 (294 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/24/2004
Offline
289 posts
 

Re: Current Match making

Nov 20, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

bigpretty23 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

That's strange I played in a PO5 two nights ago & we found players in both Elimination & Classic in under 1 minute. 


Wow, that must be nice. I used to not have a problem at all. Especially if we turned the DLC off, we would be in elimination for hours with no issues. Sadly the last few nights I have been unable to find a game, and even TDM is not finding games as fast as usual.



Maybe it's your connection? (Not saying it's bad as i've never seen you lag)

But I remember a member here once saying the type of connection you have can affect how easy you find games.

Maybe you should play with us more when you're on. Smiley Tongue


Yea, I thought about that. I just got a new router last night. My speed is 20 over 2. I know that is not mind blowing fast, but it should be more than fast enough. Especially since I had no issues the previous two years playing the game, lol. Yes we should, for some reason, I have only really wanted to play U3 and TLOU, with some 2K14 scattered in there when my work day gets slow.

Message 8 of 12 (288 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/21/2011
Offline
102 posts
 

Re: Current Match making

Nov 20, 2013

Ha


TheStuntDouble wrote:

bigpretty23 wrote:

J9Power4 wrote:
Sometimes, but lately it likes to find 4 free to plays and pit me against 5 Vets. This has been CONSTANT .--. I've even gotten into arguments about me "sucking" because I went 20-8 on a party and lost 50-30..but that's another story lol.

Well that is because you are so boss level. The matchmaking logic see's your ID and says, "J9 needs no help, he is a man amongst boys!"


Meanwhile, my playing account (TeammateAssist) gives everyone the impression that I should be able to cover them 24/7, including the times when they do something stupid. Which is you know, all the time, due to F2P players.

 

I mean yes, I'm covering you, but really, did you just charge a group with your goddamn GMAL and blindfired? Man.


Lol. When I play solo(alot now a days) I try and cover or avenge the free to play players as best I can Smiley Tongue

Photobucket
Message 9 of 12 (277 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Online
3709 posts
 

Re: Current Match making

Nov 20, 2013
The matchmaking and team balancing is just as bad on TLoU. Except longer wait times.

I usually find YDM and FFA matches on U3 very quickly. Under a minute for sure. TLoU.... 3-10 minutes on any mode. Even in a lobby full from the previous match. Still goes through the cycle.
Message 10 of 12 (239 Views)
Reply
0 Likes