Nov 14 2013
By: Snake_2052 First Son 4 posts

Custom Co-op

[ Edited ]
8 replies 405 views Edited Nov 15, 2013

Custom Co-op is where anything can happen and it's all up to players.
Spawn points: if we want we can pick how many and where they are, even if it means everyone ends up being smoked in. Why? Because the fun factor should always come first.

You should also be able to pick the spawn points of the idol and what order it spawns in, you can also have a random spawn point for the idol if you want.
You should be able to pick the game mode for each round, be it survival round 1, gold rush round 2, siege round 3, or all the same for rounds 1 to X, same goes for any other game mode.

You should be able to pick what round you start on and how many enemies you want in it from round 1 to round X for shorter or longer games. Alternatively, you should be able to select how many rounds you want in the game.

Customizing the look of the enemies would be nice, as it gets very boring looking at the same enemies years later.

You should also be able to customize the AI with a variety of tactics for each round or have them play random tactics.

You should be able to pick what enemies you want to fight on each round, making it as easy or hard as you want it to be.

You should also be able to pick how many enemies you want on the map at any given time in each round, depending on what the limit of enemies will be of course, 1 to 24 for example in the case of Killzone shadow fall.

We should be able to pick how much ammo and grenades we start out with.

We should also be able to set the amount of ammo pick up for a TLOU type game or for players that want a little bit more ammo but don't want to start with it.

We should have the option to have any guns we want (hammer, RPG, sniper and so on) and we must always have the default guns to play a normal game, but sometimes we just want to blow stuff up and mess around.

Gun damage modifier, for example 0%---50%---100%---200% and so on,

Accuracy modifier, for example 0%----50%----100%---200% and so on,
Rate of fire modifier, for example 0%----50%----100%---200% and so on,
Blindfire/hipfire modifier, for example 0%----50%---- 100%---200% and so on, 50% being half, 100% being normal 200% being double damage, accuracy, rate of fire and finally blindfire, customize it how you want it (eg 113%) anything is fine.

Kickbacks should also be customizable, such as how many starting Kickbacks (1, 3, 78, 660.........) and how long they last for timed kickbacks (3 seconds, 10 seconds, 10 minutes and so on).

Kickback damage modifier, for example 0%---50%---100%---200% and so on, for kickbacks like speedy you would go 100, 120, 270, 300% faster depending on what % you want, 0% being no effect, 100% being normal, 200% being two times the kickback effect, it would vary depending on the kickback. You can also do the complete opposite of what is mentioned and either severely lessen the effect of the kickback or create a negative kickback, again it would vary depending on the kickback.

We should be able to set the amount of boosters players can take. If the player wants all boosters in slot two but just one or two in slot one then they can. This is, of course, all just an option for players that want it and players can always just take one booster in each slot or no boosters at all and only if the host player has this enabled.

Also, if it had a map editor on top of all this, then you could customize almost everything.

The Cheats book:
Your cheats book is a quick select, to bring up things, helping you customize your game at a faster pace it will have stuff like explosives only, pistols only, M9, only, AK only, no guns and so on it will also have additional stuff such as paintball, big head, big hands, big feet, spinning head, head shots only, small AI characters and so on, these are inspired by the Timesplitters series. But to get a more customized game you will need to go outside the cheat book its more of a beginners guide and a add on and not a replacement. Note: lots could be added to the cheats book its limited by imagination.

Guidelines:

How this all comes together in an easy way is we will get ten save slots and it will work just like putting stuff on your UC3 character.

You can edit your saves at anytime, for whatever reason, so you won't need to start from scratch.

You should also be able to share your co-op saves with your friends if they have an available space.

Example of how it would work is, you would pick your stuff , put it into a save and everything you put into a save is automatically saved as soon as you add it to your save. You can always edit it at anytime.

To start a game you simply pick a map, then you pick one of your created saves and it loads, it's that simple.

On top of your ten saves you will also get the default ND co-op that you get in "find game", you can not delete or edit this in any way, it will always be something you start out with and you can come back to it at anytime.

Challenges may also be added to unlock any of the above ideas but make them part of the fun factor and not a grind to get if we go this route and please don't make it part of legacy if you go that way again as I wouldn't get to unlock everything as I dislike legacy and so do others.

To make this all easy to navigate I think we should make it look like a phone app, with your weapons at the top, gun modifiers in second, AI customization in third, boosters in fifth, kickbacks in sixth, your cheats book in seventh and anything else I may have missed.

Please give your thoughts on all this.

As always, thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 9 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Re: Custom Co-op

Nov 14, 2013

Some very cool as well as interesting ideas here and I support anything that enhances the coop experience! Smiley Happy

I think your proposed game mode should be in addition to the current Custom Game option though…they should be separate and distinct.  I gather you didn’t intend it any other way but just to be clear, this mode is purely for fun and entertainment…it would not contribute to rank advancement, treasure collection, cash or count toward stats in any way.  Otherwise, with all those options, the potential for abuse would be enormous…just clarifying.

Some of the ideas would be cool if implemented in the “core” modes though.  Like being able to customize the appearance of the enemies.  Anything that affects game mechanics or balance would be restricted to the Custom Coop.

Message 2 of 9 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 15, 2013
I can't read it in mobile because mobile uses a white background, but I'll assume your ideas are great.

Did you discuss being able to use Villains in co-op? That would be fun.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 3 of 9 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Nov 15, 2013
Unreadable on mobile. Fix that font color! Ouch!
Message 4 of 9 (347 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Sorry about that I have an old laptop that has a blue screen and i'm to cheap to get it fixed so I didn't notice at first thanks for your help.  

Message 5 of 9 (323 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 15, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

Some very cool as well as interesting ideas here and I support anything that enhances the coop experience! Smiley Happy

I think your proposed game mode should be in addition to the current Custom Game option though…they should be separate and distinct.  I gather you didn’t intend it any other way but just to be clear, this mode is purely for fun and entertainment…it would not contribute to rank advancement, treasure collection, cash or count toward stats in any way.  Otherwise, with all those options, the potential for abuse would be enormous…just clarifying.

Some of the ideas would be cool if implemented in the “core” modes though.  Like being able to customize the appearance of the enemies.  Anything that affects game mechanics or balance would be restricted to the Custom Coop.

Yes this is ment purely for fun and would need to be unranked its really ment for UC4 using UC3 examples.

Message 6 of 9 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Nov 15, 2013
I suggest use a different font colour other than red, ah my eyes! I'm sure you have interesting ideas though. I'd like to play as villains in co-OP.
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.
Message 7 of 9 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 15, 2013
He's just trying to find the sweet spot color between mobile's white and full site's dark grey.

Since you already changed the color, try finding an "Automatic" color, if any.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 8 of 9 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Nov 16, 2013
I'd like to use villains on coop and have Charecter switching Smiley Very Happy
Join my clan TAGC. I play black ops 2, uncharted 3 and FIFA 13.
Message 9 of 9 (286 Views)
0 Likes