Uncharted Territory
1612 posts

Re: DLC Map Priority

Nov 29, 2012

Huskers1598 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

We'd run into player pool issues and longer waits for matches with that. 

Are you sure that you understand what he asked for?

We don't want Default maps with DLC on. We can play Default maps with DLC off if we want.

Or you can just make all DLC maps free to download from the PS store, because quite honestly, it's cheaper to buy the GOTY edition than the DLCs individually. I've seen the GOTY edition going on sale as low as 18 pounds...

I think he did understand, and the reason for the player pool issues would be dlc players switching back and forth between dlc and defalt pools in order to play all maps, instead of leaving dlc on always. I agree about making all dlc maps free though. That would fix so many problems.

21310497.jpg ND's reaction lol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 136 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Huskers1598 wrote:

1) the reason for the player pool issues would be dlc players switching back and forth between dlc and defalt pools in order to play all maps, instead of leaving dlc on always.

2) I agree about making all dlc maps free though. That would fix so many problems.

1) That would help to keep both player pools equally populated. It's not ideal, but it's probably better than seeing Default maps with DLC on and getting non-DLC late joiners.

2) Yeah, that's the perfect solution for many reasons. Free DLC maps + no DLC toggle (they should abolish it) = one big unified player pool.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 136 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

Nov 29, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

1) the reason for the player pool issues would be dlc players switching back and forth between dlc and defalt pools in order to play all maps, instead of leaving dlc on always.

2) I agree about making all dlc maps free though. That would fix so many problems.

1) That would help to keep both player pools equally populated. It's not ideal, but it's probably better than seeing Default maps with DLC on and getting non-DLC late joiners.

Isn't the default player pool way bigger than the dlc? If so, it would bring the dlc pool players to the already bigger default pool, not help keep both pools equal.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 136 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

Huskers1598 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

Isn't the default player pool way bigger than the dlc? If so, it would bring the dlc pool players to the already bigger default pool, not help keep both pools equal.

Here's the thing: what's the point of playing the same old Default maps (especially London & Airstrip) with more lag? It essentially forces you to turn your DLC toggle off, which doesn't exactly help the DLC pool.

If I have to endure more lag, then I want play DLC maps only.

ps: Don't forget that we have 12 DLC maps + 11 Default maps, so variety-wise I think it's fine to play DLC maps only.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 136 (444 Views)
Wastelander
554 posts

Nov 29, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

MachoTbig wrote:
Free? Hell naww, i pay for the 3 map packs, this certainly help the DLC player pool, but people that pay the for the Map packs would be p!ssed.

I paid a lot more than you did, trust me. Does that mean that I have to be selfish?

It's for the greater good -> less lag. Many people would also return to the game to play these maps.

People that paid for these maps are already p!ssed either because of lag or because it's impossible to find players in certain playlists like Elimination. Try to see the big picture.

Well in the long run, it would help the game and less lag = happy players, and also like your ideas of giving skins, level badges, etc. to people who already bought the maps.

I actually be more happy if they give away the maps for free :smileyvery-happy:

How come you pay a lot more for the maps?

I like cats :3

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 136 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 29, 2012

MachoTbig wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

MachoTbig wrote:
Free? Hell naww, i pay for the 3 map packs, this certainly help the DLC player pool, but people that pay the for the Map packs would be p!ssed.

I paid a lot more than you did, trust me. Does that mean that I have to be selfish?

It's for the greater good -> less lag. Many people would also return to the game to play these maps.

People that paid for these maps are already p!ssed either because of lag or because it's impossible to find players in certain playlists like Elimination. Try to see the big picture.

Well in the long run, it would help the game and less lag = happy players, and also like your ideas of giving skins, level badges, etc. to people who already bought the maps.

I actually be more happy if they give away the maps for free :smileyvery-happy:

How come you pay a lot more for the maps?

Because euro prices are a rip off.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 136 (436 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17688 posts

Nov 29, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

I have "___" InstalledDLC On DLC Off
No DLCDefaultDefault
FBMP 1 OnlyDLCDefault
FBMP 2 OnlyDLCDefault
UC3DDMP OnlyDLCDefault
FBMP1 & 2DLCDefault
FBMP 1 & 2 & DDMPDLCDefault
FBMP 1 & DDMPDLCDefault
FBMP 2 & DDMPDLCDefault

Why can't we just have it like this? Would make things much easier.

Because if someone has FBMP1 only, then the rest of the players are stuck to FBMP1 maps. Just an example.

The DLC pool will never be perfect, unless they give them away for free.

While this is a valid argument, what happens when people only want a certain Map Pack and not the others? They won't be able to play those maps that they PAID FOR because the DLC Toggle doesn't WANT them to play those maps.

While my table (>:3) isn't perfect, it would certainly stop people wondering why they never get to play DLC maps if they only have 1 or 2 packs.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 136 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Nov 29, 2012
DAG, i think The issue with that is that you could get 1 person with map pack 1 only, 1 person with map pack 2 only, and one with only map pack 3, so then everyone will be forced into a default map match. :smileysad:

So you would have to be very lucky To get into a lobby where everyone has the same map pack.

By doing who ND is doing now, they make is so that you can be playing at least 1 map pack per week :smileyhappy:

I think that is how it works, correct me if I am wrong tap :smileytongue:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 136 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3477 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Put no priority on any single DLC map pack. That would slightly help. Give away the DLCs to solve it.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 136 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Lucky you, I only get the same old non dlc maps, and the odd time plaza, never played on ice cave, train wreck, none of the DDMP packs at all since or even sanctuary for that matter. :smileyindifferent:

Give us new ranks! No? Ok. :smileysad:

[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/NFS-P-s-n-][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/NFS-P-s-n-.png[/IMG][/URL]

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 136 (368 Views)
0 Likes