Fender Bender
3466 posts

Re: DLC Map Priority

Nov 29, 2012
FBMP 1 & DDMPDefaultDefault

Great, I won't be getting any maps for a while..

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 136 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

While this is a valid argument, what happens when people only want a certain Map Pack and not the others? They won't be able to play those maps that they PAID FOR because the DLC Toggle doesn't WANT them to play those maps.

While my table (>:3) isn't perfect, it would certainly stop people wondering why they never get to play DLC maps if they only have 1 or 2 packs.

It sucks for people who bought 1 or 2 map packs and that's why Sony should put a BIG FAT warning in the PS store!

Either way, me, Eternal21 and others had warned Sony/ND long time ago (Summer 2011) that UC3 MP should NOT have paid DLC maps for obvious reasons... so yeah, I'm here to say "I told you so".

shadowlibraboy wrote:
DAG, i think The issue with that is that you could get 1 person with map pack 1 only, 1 person with map pack 2 only, and one with only map pack 3, so then everyone will be forced into a default map match. :smileysad:

So you would have to be very lucky To get into a lobby where everyone has the same map pack.

By doing who ND is doing now, they make is so that you can be playing at least 1 map pack per week :smileyhappy:

I think that is how it works, correct me if I am wrong tap :smileytongue:

Yeah, that's a problem as well.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 136 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

Nov 29, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

1) the reason for the player pool issues would be dlc players switching back and forth between dlc and defalt pools in order to play all maps, instead of leaving dlc on always.

2) I agree about making all dlc maps free though. That would fix so many problems.

1) That would help to keep both player pools equally populated. It's not ideal, but it's probably better than seeing Default maps with DLC on and getting non-DLC late joiners.

Isn't the default player pool way bigger than the dlc? If so, it would bring the dlc pool players to the already bigger default pool, not help keep both pools equal.

Here's the thing: what's the point of playing the same old Default maps (especially London & Airstrip) with more lag? It essentially forces you to turn your DLC toggle off, which doesn't exactly help the DLC pool.

If I have to endure more lag, then I want play DLC maps only.

ps: Don't forget that we have 12 DLC maps + 11 Default maps, so variety-wise I think it's fine to play DLC maps only.

That's just not the way I see it. I would assume the majority of players who bought dlc maps leave the toggle on most or all of the time and get a somewhat even variety of dlc and default maps. This is what I do, and I don't have a lot of problems with lag. If the dlc pool only played dlc maps, then people like me wouldn't have the dlc toggle on nearly as often because we want to play default maps too. This decreases the size of the already smaller dlc pool.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 136 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I know when I play I just wanted to play Temple. The only DLC map I truely enjoy. But I never get to play it or see it at that.

So I like what ND has done with rotating the map packs. I have bought ever one but only have 2 installed because I don't care about the other maps.

So if you have to go 1 week without playing the maps you payed for. What about the other people that WANT to play the other maps that NEVER come up?

I look at it like this, people complain and cry it's not equal when they get singled out even when it's just 1 week.

I want to play the temple. I've had the map pack since it released. I've played Temple 4-5 times since I've owned it. But I'm not on the forums saying it's **bleep**. I payed for this map I want to play it.

So me I agree what ND is doing is great. Then is the smartest way to rotate all the maps that people payed for. But I mostly play with my DLC off just for the simple fact I don't want to play the DD map pack, because every map that was in it was garbage.

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 136 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3476 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I bought all DLC and rarely turn ot on anymore. Almost NONE of my friends have it on either. It is guaranteed to be a laggy match over there unfortunately.
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 136 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
554 posts

Nov 30, 2012
Man... I don't even remember how Lost City looks like, and i have all 3 DLC map packs, that just makes me sad :smileysad:

I like cats :3

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 136 (418 Views)
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Lenown wrote:

I know when I play I just wanted to play Temple. The only DLC map I truely enjoy. But I never get to play it or see it at that.

So I like what ND has done with rotating the map packs. I have bought ever one but only have 2 installed because I don't care about the other maps.

So if you have to go 1 week without playing the maps you payed for. What about the other people that WANT to play the other maps that NEVER come up?

I look at it like this, people complain and cry it's not equal when they get singled out even when it's just 1 week.

I want to play the temple. I've had the map pack since it released. I've played Temple 4-5 times since I've owned it. But I'm not on the forums saying it's **bleep**. I payed for this map I want to play it.

So me I agree what ND is doing is great. Then is the smartest way to rotate all the maps that people payed for. But I mostly play with my DLC off just for the simple fact I don't want to play the DD map pack, because every map that was in it was garbage.

If ND keep rotating the 3 DLC map packs every week it would be great.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 136 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3476 posts

Nov 30, 2012
No rotation.

All should have equal "weight". If you don't have a certain pack, you won't see those maps. You then could still have a chance at playing what you do have.
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 136 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4807 posts

Nov 30, 2012

X-Offender wrote:

Lenown wrote:

If ND keep rotating the 3 DLC map packs every week it would be great.

That could work, would get all maps rotated. I mean they can do it at the same time as when they roll out the new labs. Would be the second best alternative to giving all DLC maps equal weighting.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 136 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Nov 30, 2012

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
No rotation.

All should have equal "weight". If you don't have a certain pack, you won't see those maps. You then could still have a chance at playing what you do have.

I don't have FB map pack #2, but I don't mind playing only Default maps for a week if ND assures me that next week FB #1 or DD's map pack will get priority. That is, if it's only for a week.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 136 (357 Views)
0 Likes