Apr 20 2013
By: thefiresidecat Gaming Beast 2471 posts

Dear ND.. is there any reason to report cheaters to you at this point in time?

17 replies 372 views Edited Apr 20, 2013

I just played a game with a very clear lag switcher on my team. I was alerted something wasn't right when I saw three instanteous headshots with a sniper flash by on teh screen and sure enough this guy is stopping then starting then people die on watching.. he did 22-0.. Felt bad for people on the other team. 

should I send the cinema to someone or is this something that no one is really tackling anymore?

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 1 of 18 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: Dear ND.. is there any reason to report cheaters to you at this point in time?

Apr 20, 2013

Send the cinema to UC3PlayerReport. That should fix it up.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 2 of 18 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
376 posts

Re: Dear ND.. is there any reason to report cheaters to you at this point in time?

Apr 20, 2013

UC3PlayerReport, the best idea ever.

You never know if the cinema has been received and if it even works if it has.

You never know when the cinema's are checked.

You never know if the cheaters and/or glitchers get banned.

And at this stage, along with all the ''you never know'', they probably don't check them anyway.

It's just there to make people feel better, as in: ''Oh, I'mma report you, and you are gonna get banned.. sweet payback''... to suggest something happens against glitchers, but does something actually happen?

The only thing you can do is test it, glitch on alt account and get reported, if it gets banned...you know it works.

Message 3 of 18 (358 Views)
Fender Bender
2213 posts

Apr 20, 2013
I've reported three glitchers to UC3PlayerReport, none of them ever got banned as far as I'm aware. Still worth a shot, but keep an eye on the stats page to see if ND did anything.
Pepsi
Message 4 of 18 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Apr 20, 2013

i'm sorry, but people should really check around the forums before they start threads like this and the treasure drop thread, this one was super easy to find too; there's a stickied thread about multiplayer bans by Eric-ND...

Message 5 of 18 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Apr 20, 2013
Can someone explain how lag switching works? I mean there's a mention of someone staring and stopping? I don't get this.

As far as I know, a lag switcher controls the game somehow.
Message 6 of 18 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 20, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:
Can someone explain how lag switching works? I mean there's a mention of someone staring and stopping? I don't get this.

i'm not an expert on this so someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i think they just appear to be freezing while they can run freely (kinda like a doppelgänger or a distraction while they get into a different position and kill you easily)

Message 7 of 18 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Apr 20, 2013
It that time in the game's life cycle, isn't it? Little to zero company monitoring, and CHEATERS GONE WILD. ND must like that the games is regularly ABUSED.
YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Message 8 of 18 (303 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Apr 20, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

I think you freeze the whole match. then you can be free to kill people. I think theres a time limit for your lagswitch though. If you turn it on too long. It'll kick you out the match.

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 9 of 18 (282 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Apr 20, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

It looks something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beEvRWvSfVM

Message 10 of 18 (276 Views)
0 Likes