Mar 18 2013
By: BrnctKhei First Son 7 posts

Defective Game Disc?

3 replies 573 views Edited Mar 18, 2013

I posted to the support section but it's probably best suited here..

After talking to other players I know, I think my copy of the game (GotY edition) is painfully defective.

My first play through was okay.. the glitches seemed minor.. freezing here or there, getting stuck now and then, objects dissappearing as you pass by. etc.. Just a lot of small goofy things..

Started trying to play through on the next difficulty setting and this time the game's all but unplayable. The first movie of the game was completely skipped, starting me off right in the middle of the barfight (After being stuck on the loading screen for a good 15 minutes) and the audio is several seconds ahead of the animation (Which freezes up contantly)

Do I need a new copy or is there some patch that can fix these issues?

Message 1 of 4 (573 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Re: Defective Game Disc?

Mar 18, 2013
hi . i see that nobody's answering to you . well i have exactly the same problem.
you can make your game to work better. trust me . download firmware 4.31. put on usb stick .plug to your ps3. go to safe mode / restore file system. go back to safe mode and install update . you will notice big changes with game . game will work much better but still problems . hope i could help you.
Message 2 of 4 (559 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 18, 2013

From what I'm reading here and talking to frirnds online it seems like whatever the problem is, is mostly happening with goty editions.

I'm seriously thinking about buying a standard copy and seeing if the problems persist. I haven't even tried multiplayer yet so no clue if I'd have any of the problems with it that others have mentioned.

Message 3 of 4 (551 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Mar 20, 2013
Naughty Dog doesn't reply on here unless they know they could be losing money. They'd rather lose fans than reply.

I've had nothing but issues since 1.17 dropped, and I have the regular edition.
Message 4 of 4 (536 Views)
0 Likes