Jan 21 2012
By: RAACHOR1 First Son 20 posts

Did uncharted 3 kill my PS3!!??

10 replies 567 views Edited Jan 21, 2012

Hi folks

Like many of 'the minority' i have had a game breaking spinning ring issue since the 1.03 update dropped in the UK..

Upto that point i had only played a couple of 2 hour sessions of the game as Battlefield 3 kept dragging me back for more!!

Now since the update my campaign mode would refuse to load..2 days afterwards the game won't load at all and if it does i get to the spinning ring and wait and wait and wait for nothing....

Ok so all seems normal..

I see other users issues having the same issue or that of a similar nature!

THE SPINNING RING OF DOOM........

So my battlefield3 disc starts doing similar things???!!!!!

every time i go to join an online game..my ps3 freezes..i have had not ONE issue with BF3 until now AT ALL. NONE.

so i figure i'll give RAGE a try..no previous issues with that game either....DOES NOT NOW WORK!!!??

BRINK..no issues ever...DOES NOT NOW WORK!!!??

PRO EVO 2012..now DOES NOT WORK!!!??

VANQUISH..DOES NOT WORK!!

DEAD ISLAND..DOES NOT WORK!!

all..i repeat ALL OF MY DISCS WORK ON OTHER SYSTEMS!

in fact blue rays and dvd movies are fine and continue to play with zero issueson my machine..but ALL my GAMES now refuse to work...no error codes nothing???

so the update 1.03 to clarify stopped me from playing U3 as it stopped at the spinning ring page and then the knock on effect was that one by one my other game discs started refusing to run.

i believe that the 1.03 update is the issue and not the 4.00 system update for the ps3 as all games were working fine on that update until i played and downloaded the U3 1.03 update.

Sony tell me that it sounds like the machine needs replacing..REALLY you think??!! but who shoulders that cost..either your update (1.03)or the PS3 4.00 update have killed my machine, and yet now, me the loyal customer has a bunch of useless games and a big black ps3 shaped paperweight..

i would be very interested to hear other ps3 users thoughts on this situation as i am speechless as to how buying THE ..flagship.. game of the year ..must buy game..best reviewed game..best graphics..best everything left me in this dire dire situation.. NAUGHTY DOG and SONY should be embarrassed!

THANKS FOR RUINING MY GAMING EXPERIENCE AND LEAVING ME WITH A BILL I CAN'T AFFORD BY NOT TESTING THIS FULLY!!!

i should be on ign agreeing with others about how good the game looks and feels but for buying your game i have been left with a games console that doesn't play games huh??

IT DESTROYED MY PS3

Message 1 of 11 (567 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Re: Did uncharted 3 kill my PS3!!??

Jan 21, 2012

oh and i should have also added that:

i have formatted my ps3

i have done a file restore

i have had the discs cleaned professionally

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!

Message 2 of 11 (567 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 8, 2012

bump.

I have exactly the same issue. Has anyone had this issue and it worked if the UC3 disk is replaced? Its the only thing I havent tried?

Message 3 of 11 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Uc3 froze my ps3 as well....when i rebooted it, it stopped reading all discs. I reformatted as well and it still does not work.

Message 4 of 11 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Mar 14, 2012

The hard drive seems corrupt, it happened to mine, I couldn't download anything or save any game data then eventually I had trouble turning the thing on or off

YOU'RE NOT GOOD.....YOU JUST LAG.....YES YOU!
Message 5 of 11 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Mar 14, 2012

My issue is not as bad as this, but everytime I play MP on Uncharted 3 it freezes within a couple of minutes when I start a game with friends. Sometimes on the MP Menu.

Take a look at my post--> New DLC causing freezing issues...

Message 6 of 11 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Mar 14, 2012

Ok, the post doesn't work. O.o    But it's on the technical issues post page.

Message 7 of 11 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Mar 17, 2012

No I've tried 3 different UC3 disc's, it makes no difference

YOU'RE NOT GOOD.....YOU JUST LAG.....YES YOU!
Message 8 of 11 (567 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Does anybody knows something new about this problem? This problem definitely exist.

Message 9 of 11 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Feb 19, 2013
I once froze in the middle of an online game of Uncharted 3. Then, my U3 disk stopped reading.
I had wait 10 minutes until it went to the menu. -.-

Idk about other games cuz I wanted to play Uncharted.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 10 of 11 (449 Views)
0 Likes