Feb 27 2013
By: Sieeker Lombax Warrior 256 posts

Digital GOTYE compatible with my already purchased items and stats?

17 replies 384 views Edited Feb 27, 2013
So if I get a mad compulsion and purchase the Digital GOTYE, will all my skins, guns, stats etc., be compatible and carry over to the digital game? In other words, If I spend another $40, will everything work that I already own, without the disc being inserted? I would like to see if the game runs better without reading the disc constantly. If yes, then maybe I'll buy it again.????
Message 1 of 18 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2223 posts

Re: Digital GOTYE compatible with my already purchased items and stats?

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

Sieeker wrote:
So if I get a mad compulsion and purchase the Digital GOTYE, will all my skins, guns, stats etc., be compatible and carry over to the digital game? In other words, If I spend another $40, will everything work that I already own, without the disc being inserted? I would like to see if the game runs better without reading the disc constantly. If yes, then maybe I'll buy it again.????

Don't do it. Boycott their cash grab. The multiplayer should be free for players who had it previously.

To answer your question, depends. Did the GOTY edition come with downloadable codes (that you enter, then it goes on your account?) If so, then yes not having the disc will still enable you to have any DLC you bought or that came with the game. Everything should work, since your multiplayer data is stored online and doesn't need the disc (hence if your PS3 hard drive crashes like mine does you'll still be able to have all your stuff, it'll just take forever to load the multiplayer the first time.) So if you bought DLC, and it is IN your Download List. Yes you'll be able to access it. Should you buy it? No, it should be given free.

Edit: To simplify. If the DLC is on the GOTY disc, you won't have any DLC that came with it without the disc in your PS3. IF it isn't on the disc (the online pass came with a code you entered) then it is saved to your PS3 hard drive and even if you buy a new disc it or download it from the online store you should still have your DLC.

Message 2 of 18 (365 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4856 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Sieeker wrote:

To answer your question, yes your stats and unlocks will carry over.

The GOTY edition includes all the DLC included from the FHC on the disk so the digital version will most likely have the DLC integrated into the game.

Sorry about your spinning ring problem.

Message 3 of 18 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
256 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Thanks guys. So if you want to play without the disc and keep all your unlocks, you have to spend the 39.99 to buy the digital GOTYE from the psn store. If anyone actually does this, I would like to know if that worked for them. I am really curious to know if the game play is smoother than constantly having to read the disc from the bluray player. Thanks again.

Message 4 of 18 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

Sieeker wrote:

Thanks guys. So if you want to play without the disc and keep all your unlocks, you have to spend the 39.99 to buy the digital GOTYE from the psn store. If anyone actually does this, I would like to know if that worked for them. I am really curious to know if the game play is smoother than constantly having to read the disc from the bluray player. Thanks again.

You only have to pay $20 for the full Competitive MP. If you want Co-op & SP as well, then yes, you have to get the GOTY for $40.

Strangely enough, there's no GOTY bundle in the PAL territories. So, it costs even more, LOL!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 5 of 18 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4856 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Sieeker wrote:

You only have to pay $20 for the full Competitive MP. If you want Co-op & SP as well, then yes, you have to get the GOTY for $40.

Strangely enough, there's no GOTY bundle in the PAL territories. So, it costs even more, LOL!

Funny enough it's cheaper overall to just get the GOTY version than to get the F2P, level unlock, co-op stuff and DLC maps.

Message 6 of 18 (262 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 27, 2013

tack129 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Sieeker wrote:

Funny enough it's cheaper overall to just get the GOTY version than to get the F2P, level unlock, co-op stuff and DLC maps.

Yeah, too bad the GOTY doesn't exist in the EU PS store...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 7 of 18 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2237 posts

Feb 27, 2013
30 euro for the full SP and MP anyway, no dlc though.

Signature02.png

Message 8 of 18 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:
30 40 euro for the full SP and MP anyway, no dlc though.

FTFY

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Downloadable-UC3-sizes-amp-pric...

Message 9 of 18 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2237 posts

Feb 28, 2013
I mean the non-goty version

Signature02.png

Message 10 of 18 (158 Views)
0 Likes